Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:42 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:06 pm 

He believed that I was upset with him for the goal we conceded': Pep

Quote:
Pep has clarified the situation following his bust-up with star striker Sergio Aguero on the touchline during Manchester City's 2-2 draw with Tottenham.

The incident occurred on 66 minutes after Aguero was replaced by Gabriel Jesus.

Just 10 minutes earlier, Lucas Moura had equalsied from a corner for Tottenham to make it 2-2 - something Guardiola claims that Aguero blamed him for.

Quote:
After the game, the Spaniard explained why the pair had fallen out but insisted that their relationship hadn't been harmed by the incident.

'Aguero believed I was upset with him for the goal we conceded. The goal we conceded was a corner,' the City boss said.

'I wanted one on one movement. He thought I was upset with him.

'I am sometimes exaggerated on the touchline but few times am I upset with the players.

'I was a football player, I know what it is like to be in there. Emotion is part of our game. We talked after and during. He's a guy I love a lot.'

Quote:
As Aguero was substituted he appeared to make a comment as he walked past Guardiola in the dug-out.

The striker's words prompted a furious response from Guardiola, who turned around and began shouting at the striker, who responded with a verbal volley of his own.

The pair continued to trade verbal blows for 44 seconds, with Aguero refusing to sit down as he shouted at Guardiola.

Eventually, City's assistant coach Mikel Arteta was forced to intervene and ushered Guardiola towards the touchline.

However, the City boss looked to have had the last laugh when Jesus fired home inside the 18-yard box, deep into injury time.

As City's players celebrated, Guardiola hugged Aguero and appeared to make up with the striker, but was then left deflated as VAR ruled the goal out for handball.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... st-up.html

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:11 pm 

He should not even have wasted his time explaining. Even if they were arguing, and so what?!! This happens in training on the regular and Aguero is not his child. He is a fellow employee working under his supervision and has the right to air his own opinion. Additionally, football is a game of passion. Absolutely nothing wrong in their exchange.

Senator WIRES wrote:
He believed that I was upset with him for the goal we conceded': Pep

Quote:
Pep has clarified the situation following his bust-up with star striker Sergio Aguero on the touchline during Manchester City's 2-2 draw with Tottenham.

The incident occurred on 66 minutes after Aguero was replaced by Gabriel Jesus.

Just 10 minutes earlier, Lucas Moura had equalsied from a corner for Tottenham to make it 2-2 - something Guardiola claims that Aguero blamed him for.

Quote:
After the game, the Spaniard explained why the pair had fallen out but insisted that their relationship hadn't been harmed by the incident.

'Aguero believed I was upset with him for the goal we conceded. The goal we conceded was a corner,' the City boss said.

'I wanted one on one movement. He thought I was upset with him.

'I am sometimes exaggerated on the touchline but few times am I upset with the players.

'I was a football player, I know what it is like to be in there. Emotion is part of our game. We talked after and during. He's a guy I love a lot.'

Quote:
As Aguero was substituted he appeared to make a comment as he walked past Guardiola in the dug-out.

The striker's words prompted a furious response from Guardiola, who turned around and began shouting at the striker, who responded with a verbal volley of his own.

The pair continued to trade verbal blows for 44 seconds, with Aguero refusing to sit down as he shouted at Guardiola.

Eventually, City's assistant coach Mikel Arteta was forced to intervene and ushered Guardiola towards the touchline.

However, the City boss looked to have had the last laugh when Jesus fired home inside the 18-yard box, deep into injury time.

As City's players celebrated, Guardiola hugged Aguero and appeared to make up with the striker, but was then left deflated as VAR ruled the goal out for handball.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... st-up.html

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:22 pm 

what passes for journalism these days is a chronicling of drama..any drama real or imagined...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:24 pm 

Manchester City denied request for extra winners' medals by Premier League after title triumph last season

Quote:
The Premier League have turned down a request from Manchester City for extra winners' medals.

Pep Guardiola's champions were originally given 40 — one for the manager and the rest for those who played more than five matches, along with other players and officials as the club saw fit.

And while the Premier League declined to comment, they believe that was sufficient

Guardiola has attacked the five-match rule in the past. Last May, after his side had cruised to the title, City's manager claimed it was 'ridiculous' that some of the club's young players would not receive a winners' medal.

Six youngsters had regularly trained with the City squad and Guardiola said: 'It looks ridiculous to me.

'If they want my medal, I will give them my medal.

'They are champions. They worked from day one to the last one, in the locker room and training. They didn't play because of my decisions, but it's the same.

'Maybe it's so expensive for the Premier League to give three, four, five medals for the young guys. Of course I will be concerned by that.'

Traditionally, City have given all members of staff a miniature replica trophy to mark each success.

However, this year they have decided to commission around 500 medals to reward those in non-playing roles for their important contributions.

Meanwhile, Benjamin Mendy returned to first-team training on Wednesday.

The £52million France left back, who has started only 14 Premier League games since arriving from Monaco in 2017, had arthroscopic surgery on his knee in May and spent the summer rehabilitating in Barcelona.

Mendy, 25, now looks on course to provide competition for Aleks Zinchenko at full back.

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:58 pm 

If he wants them to get a medal, he should play them more.

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:01 pm 

Senator WIRES wrote:
Manchester City denied request for extra winners' medals by Premier League after title triumph last season

Quote:
The Premier League have turned down a request from Manchester City for extra winners' medals.

Pep Guardiola's champions were originally given 40 — one for the manager and the rest for those who played more than five matches, along with other players and officials as the club saw fit.

And while the Premier League declined to comment, they believe that was sufficient

Guardiola has attacked the five-match rule in the past. Last May, after his side had cruised to the title, City's manager claimed it was 'ridiculous' that some of the club's young players would not receive a winners' medal.

Six youngsters had regularly trained with the City squad and Guardiola said: 'It looks ridiculous to me.

'If they want my medal, I will give them my medal.

'They are champions. They worked from day one to the last one, in the locker room and training. They didn't play because of my decisions, but it's the same.

'Maybe it's so expensive for the Premier League to give three, four, five medals for the young guys. Of course I will be concerned by that.'

Traditionally, City have given all members of staff a miniature replica trophy to mark each success.

However, this year they have decided to commission around 500 medals to reward those in non-playing roles for their important contributions.

Meanwhile, Benjamin Mendy returned to first-team training on Wednesday.

The £52million France left back, who has started only 14 Premier League games since arriving from Monaco in 2017, had arthroscopic surgery on his knee in May and spent the summer rehabilitating in Barcelona.

Mendy, 25, now looks on course to provide competition for Aleks Zinchenko at full back.

Iheanacho should get one too for that miss that helped them win the league... :rotf: :rotf:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:11 pm 

This was the true Man City team back in the days..

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:26 pm 

kenmega wrote:

Was that the true Spurs too?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:26 am 

kalani JR wrote:
kenmega wrote:

Was that the true Spurs too?

This is common for Spurs to start slow but this was the season Man City got relegated. Man City were a relegation team before Arab money investment.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:36 am 

Thanks for sharing this classified information.

This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:14 am 

Mr. Piffington wrote:

No worries :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:28 pm 

Mr. Piffington wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:50 am 

Why has Pep sidelined Fernandinho this season.

This guy has been City's unsung hero for many years

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:21 am 

benteke wrote:

Spanish tribalism. :idea: :D Just like he sidelined Yaya The Great for that fancy Spanish dancer called Busquets. :D :taunt:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:11 pm 

Manchester City and England defender John Stones will be out for between four and five weeks after suffering a muscle injury in training.
Stones suffered the injury in Ukraine on Tuesday, where City are preparing for Wednesday's Champions League group game with Shakhtar Donetsk.
The injury is a setback for City, who are also without Aymeric Laporte until January or February because of injury.
It leaves City with one established central defender in Nicolas Otamendi.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:17 pm 

ohsee wrote:
benteke wrote:

Spanish tribalism. :idea: :D Just like he sidelined Yaya The Great for that fancy Spanish dancer called Busquets. :D :taunt:

I see he is using the same modus operandi that he did to Yaya at Barcelona.
Fernandinho is being turned into a center back, Rodri has taken his place, just like Busketts did to Yaya.

But to be fair this time, Fernandinho is a bit older than Yaya.

Anyways let's see how this project goes, it might well be an inspired decision.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5