SA TUTORS EUROPEAN DEFENCES IN BOTTLING UP SALAH

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Bell
Egg
Egg
SA TUTORS EUROPEAN DEFENCES IN BOTTLING UP SALAH

Post by Bell »

Did you all witness how the SA (left?) back handled Egyptian Mo Salah, the terror to EPL and European defenses? Mo has shown a great ability to score in Europe and the numbers put it beyond debate. But in that Salah is not the kind of player who can take on and beat a defender one on one I've often wondered why defenses didn't have much luck against him using a speedy and physical (not dirty) approach against him.

Against SA in this 2019 Nations Cup, the SA defender succeeded in keeping Salah under control making him unlike the man who had tormented European defenses. The defender SA sent to him was burly and fast. He had no problem catching up with Salah and dispossessing him over and over again. Salah had little impact on the match and Trezeuget (sp) was Egypt's most potent attacker. Maybe some EPL team should just sign the defender up. *With Egypt, look for the stadiums to be even more empty)
Bell
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SA TUTORS EUROPEAN DEFENCES IN BOTTLING UP SALAH

Post by jette1 »

Bell wrote:Did you all witness how the SA (left?) back handled Egyptian Mo Salah, the terror to EPL and European defenses? Mo has shown a great ability to score in Europe and the numbers put it beyond debate. But in that Salah is not the kind of player who can take on and beat a defender one on one I've often wondered why defenses didn't have much luck against him using a speedy and physical (not dirty) approach against him.

Against SA in this 2019 Nations Cup, the SA defender succeeded in keeping Salah under control making him unlike the man who had tormented European defenses. The defender SA sent to him was burly and fast. He had no problem catching up with Salah and dispossessing him over and over again. Salah had little impact on the match and Trezeuget (sp) was Egypt's most potent attacker. Maybe some EPL team should just sign the defender up. *With Egypt, look for the stadiums to be even more empty)
Bell
Stop the page decoration Salah did not get ball or help from his impotence team. For entire 90 minutes Egypt as host nation did nothing. It was a matter of what Egypt didn’t do than what SA did. If you are a good game reader then you saw this with all the games egypt won. They got lucky goals and looked like a pick up team
Last edited by jette1 on Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

jette1 wrote:
Bell wrote:Did you all witness how the SA (left?) back handled Egyptian Mo Salah, the terror to EPL and European defenses? Mo has shown a great ability to score in Europe and the numbers put it beyond debate. But in that Salah is not the kind of player who can take on and beat a defender one on one I've often wondered why defenses didn't have much luck against him using a speedy and physical (not dirty) approach against him.

Bell
Stop the page decoration Salah did not get ball or help from his impotence team
Keep quiet, did you even watch the game? Bell is 100% correct. Salah tried several times to beat the left back in a foot race and failed. The commentator on BeIN Sports even suggested that Salah should go to the left since he was having no joy with that left back.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

ohsee wrote:
jette1 wrote:

Bell
Keep quiet, did you even watch the game? Bell is 100% correct. Salah tried several times to beat the left back in a foot race and failed. The commentator on BeIN Sports even suggested that Salah should go to the left since he was having no joy with that left back.
Shouldn’t you be at R&R
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

You have a lot more people to worry about at Liverpool than just salah compared to Egypt.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

metalalloy wrote:You have a lot more people to worry about at Liverpool than just salah compared to Egypt.
More importantly, the MF play is light years away.

In any case, all Trezguet had to do was finish the chances Salah created for him...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

ohsee wrote:
jette1 wrote:

Bell
I RECALL THAT AND...

...I was saying that the defender should switch to rt back if Salah did. But then, even as a left-footed player. Salah may be less effective there because he'd be reduced to running down the sidelines and crossing, because I doubt he'd be able to cut in where he does much of his damage.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

metalalloy wrote:You have a lot more people to worry about at Liverpool than just salah compared to Egypt.

THERE ARE WAYS TO DEAL WITH THE QUALITY AT LIVERPOOL

One way is to disrupt the MF to deprive Salah of quality support. The other way is to dedicate a defender (such as this SA defender) to Salah once he gets close danger area. The man has no doubt established his quality in Europe, and this is not to question his ability, but if he was an unknown playing in this tournament, I'm not sure scouts would recommend him highly. He hardly stood out to me. By comparison, a player like Ola Aina on the other hand is clearly showing his ability and is probably being seen by SE fans as one who could own that LB position for a long time.
Bell
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Salah was sick.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Nkume wrote:Salah was sick.
True, he wasn't 100%. Anyone who has tried playing football with a cold would appreciate the effect of the cold virus on physical performance. He must have suffered in that heat to produce a perfect performance.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

jette1 wrote:
ohsee wrote:
jette1 wrote:

Bell
Shouldn’t you be at R&R

:rotf:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

This one is very true.
You have Sadio Mane and Firmino who are a constant nuisance even if you cut out Salah, no surprise Salah went half a season out of form and still it was nothing to Liverpool.

And then again, this is not the first time someone has kept Salah quiet, i remember United fans raving about how Ashley Young kept Salah quiet, but in the bigger scheme of things it was nothing worth celebrating.

The team tactics are more important i think,
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

This is a faulty conclusion. Salah did not score or shine in every game he played for Liverpool. This is like looking at one of those games he did not score in and say the liverpool system is deficient. SA played well in that game, but I bet if they play each other multiple times, Egypt and Salah will win most.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

1naija wrote:This is a faulty conclusion. Salah did not score or shine in every game he played for Liverpool. This is like looking at one of those games he did not score in and say the liverpool system is deficient. SA played well in that game, but I bet if they play each other multiple times, Egypt and Salah will win most.
i bet if you play alabama multiple times you will win, oh wait.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

King Futcha wrote:
1naija wrote:This is a faulty conclusion. Salah did not score or shine in every game he played for Liverpool. This is like looking at one of those games he did not score in and say the liverpool system is deficient. SA played well in that game, but I bet if they play each other multiple times, Egypt and Salah will win most.
i bet if you play alabama multiple times you will win, oh wait.
:mad: :mad: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Without referee interference....
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

IT'S NOT THE LACK OF SCORING; IT'S THAT...

…he did not do anything to suggest to a non-EPL observer that he's the same person so feared by EPL defenses. Unless, as some have suggested, he had a cold.

To those telling us he didn't come into the tournament with his Liverpool M/F posse, be advised that he wasn't going against Chelsea-caliber defenders either, A world class player which he is should easily make himself known and I'm sure Egypt fans expected more.
Bell
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Playing for club is totally different from playing for country,Mane' also look clueless in Senegal,how many PK has he miss so far?
Did not copa America Messi was so average and Kun is shocking.Argentina even play better with 10 men when Messi get red card.
Any team that Elneny is one of your best MF running things will not go any where.Hope this season he is gone from arsenal.
Egypt as a host is one of the most hype host in recent nation cup.I would have prefer Naija face them than SA.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

kajifu wrote:Playing for club is totally different from playing for country,Mane' also look clueless in Senegal,how many PK has he miss so far?
Did not copa America Messi was so average and Kun is shocking.Argentina even play better with 10 men when Messi get red card.
Any team that Elneny is one of your best MF running things will not go any where.Hope this season he is gone from arsenal.
Egypt as a host is one of the most hype host in recent nation cup.I would have prefer Naija face them than SA.

IF WE GO BY YOUR ARGUMENT...

…coaches should ignore club form and use other criteria to select players for the NT. And, of course, the reverse is also true: club coaches should use other criteria to select their players and put less weight on national performance. True?
Bell
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Bell you are onto something. One would expect Salah who is a world football superstar to terrorise the less heralded African defenders but that wasnt the case. Against Zim he was threatening in first 15 mins and after that they had figured him out. Against SA he was well contained. Talk of a cold is just excuses :roll: :roll:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Sinior Hunkul, you did not watch the game again, did you? :D :taunt: 101 times out of 100, that left back will put Salah in his pocket, and tell him to "SHARRAP!!". In fact, I think Salah is still in there sobbing at how he was embarrassed all game. :lol:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Samora Machel wrote:Bell you are onto something. One would expect Salah who is a world football superstar to terrorise the less heralded African defenders but that wasnt the case. Against Zim he was threatening in first 15 mins and after that they had figured him out. Against SA he was well contained. Talk of a cold is just excuses :roll: :roll:
My bros, help me to told dem. Salah can run against Europeans. When he meets Africans who chase lions, it is another matter. :D :taunt:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Bell
The SA league is one of the best in the country..... Sundowns etc won the champs league a while back owning the likes of Ahly, and I wasn't surprised when they defeated Egypt....also when you play in Africa, pace isn't a factor, because everyone is fast..even Musa gets caught up.... there was no way Salah would have outpaced the SA's left back....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Samora Machel wrote:Bell you are onto something. One would expect Salah who is a world football superstar to terrorise the less heralded African defenders but that wasnt the case. Against Zim he was threatening in first 15 mins and after that they had figured him out. Against SA he was well contained. Talk of a cold is just excuses :roll: :roll:

samora, I WISH I COULD SAY I'M ON TO SOMETHING, BUT...

…but Salah's non-performance was obvious even to a non-expert like me. Some say the man had a cold but even then I would have expected him to put on a few moves and show touches that would confirm his status as a world class player. But the Salah we were treated to didn't stand out and would hardly be recognized by Liverpool fans.
Bell