Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed May 27, 2020 12:10 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:29 am
Posts: 51314
Cameroon, Senegal,Mali, Ivory Coast...all physical teams..but who's the physicallest?

_________________
BADDEST JAM OF 2020 JUST LANDED!
TAKA! by Pa J..is available on major platforms
ITunes, Amazon, Google, Spotify and Youtube.
You can also get it at a discount directly on www.pa-jofficial.com
Thanks for you $upport and $hares


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 3234
paj wrote:
Cameroon, Senegal,Mali, Ivory Coast...all physical teams..but who's the physicallest?

That award goes to Senegal


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 15086
Location: Here
Oloye thinks it's Uganda! :lol: :lol:
Cameroon and Senegal take the cake.

_________________
"The young Walt Disney was sacked because he lacked imagination. They advised Marilyn Monroe to become a secretary and Elvis to go back to driving a lorry."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:21 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 44238
Actually it is Algeria. They commit the most fouls

_________________
Quote:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 14448
Location: South London
Tobi17 wrote:
paj wrote:
Cameroon, Senegal,Mali, Ivory Coast...all physical teams..but who's the physicallest?

That award goes to Senegal

But Senegal can just about pull it off where as Cameroon,ghana and CIV where just bulldozing through their opponents and blasting the ball into row Z it’s as if they are on roids and have no capacity to use their brains and rely on muscle and this brutish mentality has cost them!

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 39485
Location: Land of the Terrapins
YUJAM wrote:
Actually it is Algeria. They commit the most fouls


Be like sey we don forget...

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:29 pm
Posts: 3911
Physical and Jambody = Senegal
Physical and average = Cameroon (2019 team)

Some of the Senegal players have zero skills.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:04 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 44238
oscar52 wrote:
Physical and Jambody = Senegal
Physical and average = Cameroon (2019 team)

Some of the Senegal players have zero skills.


Racial stereotypes here. Again vs Senegal, Algeria committed 34 fouls while Senegal committed half that. The stats belie your claims. I think we tend to confuse strength and physical fitness with physicality in the field of play.

_________________
Quote:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 23180
Least physical
Zim
Mzansi
Madagascar

The way football should played not a pushing contest at 100mph :tic: :sneaky: :thumbs: :thumbs:

_________________
Patience Africa (1976)- Bhula Sangoma
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j8ZDMLRbhtA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 12228
All, I know, those plantain eaters, the indomitable wrestlers of Cameroon, make every foul count. Did you see how Bahoken tossed Kenneth aside, like a paper doll.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 47158
Nigeria is. We can never be kwacked off the ball. The difference is other teams kwak the village way, but Naija kwak with high sense. You will think they are soft until you try to take the ball from them ; then they will brutalize you.

_________________
The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Last edited by 1naija on Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 12228
1naija wrote:
Nigeria is. We can never be kwacked off the ball. The difference is other teams leak the village way, but Naija kwak with high sense. You will think they are soft until you try to take the ball from them ; then they will brutalize you.



Yes against South Africa, but not the indomitable wrestlers of Yaounde.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:26 am
Posts: 480
YUJAM wrote:
oscar52 wrote:
Physical and Jambody = Senegal
Physical and average = Cameroon (2019 team)

Some of the Senegal players have zero skills.


Racial stereotypes here. Again vs Senegal, Algeria committed 34 fouls while Senegal committed half that. The stats belie your claims. I think we tend to confuse strength and physical fitness with physicality in the field of play.

You are conflating physicality with dirty play. Cameroon's second goal against Nigeria was almost entirely based on physicality, but there were not any fouls committed. Ndidi physically dominated Bafana Bafana without fouling often. Cameroon are the most physical because they select players and play in a manner that emphasizes rugged, strong players. There is nothing racial about this. Algeria foul often because they are somewhat dirty and very clever team that seeks to break up play and win back possession quick. It is about styles of play. For wll the talk of racial steretypes there is a fundamental difference in the patterns of plays for North African sides vs. West and Central African sides for the most part.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:12 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 33738
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
YUJAM wrote:
Actually it is Algeria. They commit the most fouls

They also go down easily at the slightest contact.

Camerounians always stay on their feet.

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

The only reason I can think of that God would have put Trump into office was because He ran out of locusts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:39 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 44238
Physical contact is what is being inferred when folks here talk about physical in this instance. Most fouls are based on physical contact and as such the no of fouls committed in a game should be a reflection of how physical a team is. Algeria are among the teams with the most fouls, 34 against Senegal with some of then of the violent nature. They are without a doubt the most physical side at this ANC. As for your point about the difference in style between N African and W African sides, that just continued to feed in the stereotype that they are less physical because they aren’t. Because we are often times physically endowed, the assumption is that somehow our style of play is physical. This is a stereotype that we’ve seen across sports and has been discussed ad nauseam. Not sure why folks here are perpetuating this type of thinking.

olumide wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
oscar52 wrote:
Physical and Jambody = Senegal
Physical and average = Cameroon (2019 team)

Some of the Senegal players have zero skills.


Racial stereotypes here. Again vs Senegal, Algeria committed 34 fouls while Senegal committed half that. The stats belie your claims. I think we tend to confuse strength and physical fitness with physicality in the field of play.

You are conflating physicality with dirty play. Cameroon's second goal against Nigeria was almost entirely based on physicality, but there were not any fouls committed. Ndidi physically dominated Bafana Bafana without fouling often. Cameroon are the most physical because they select players and play in a manner that emphasizes rugged, strong players. There is nothing racial about this. Algeria foul often because they are somewhat dirty and very clever team that seeks to break up play and win back possession quick. It is about styles of play. For wll the talk of racial steretypes there is a fundamental difference in the patterns of plays for North African sides vs. West and Central African sides for the most part.

_________________
Quote:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 22843
Location: Ukwuani
1naija wrote:
Nigeria is. We can never be kwacked off the ball. The difference is other teams kwak the village way, but Naija kwak with high sense. You will think they are soft until you try to take the ball from them ; then they will brutalize you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:20 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 5829
Physical =/= excessive fouling.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 14920
The term is "Which," and not "who."

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 37566
danfo driver wrote:
The term is "Which," and not "who."

Oga Danfo how good is Arsenal new signing Pepe?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group