Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:59 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:49 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 44194
My take.

First I don’t think the Senegalese side gets enough credit on this forum. Nyang is a liability and Manes has not performed up to expectations but they have very good performers, Gaye and Ndiaye midfield combo is solid, and they play hard. The problem with Senegal is occasionally they’ll leave gaps for their opponents in the counter because their defenders move forward too much. But overall a solid team with a big engine that probably have a gear or two in reserve. Can they do it against Algeria?

Algeria is arguably the most tactically balanced side in the tournament. The team is capable of punishing tactical imbalances in other teams. In their CF they have a guy who has great mobility and can really pull central defenders out of position. They can also attack on both sides of the field with Mahrez a persistent threat cutting inside from the right. Their central midfield is strong with Bennacer, an excellent midfield player. However, Algeria have shown weaknesses when faced with a team with strong defensive midfield and mobile attackers. The Ivorians gave them fits because they had these attributes.

But going into the final, the Algerians are the clear favorites. They are better than the Senegalese all around especially in the tactics. Senegal have to play their best game and minimize the mistakes if they are too win. They also will have to deal with the Algerian psychological shenanigans. The x-factor is going to be the ref. If he allows the Algerians to disrupt the game by fouling as the S African ref did a in their first match, Senegal will find it even harder.

_________________
Quote:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 17493
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
YUJAM wrote:
My take.

First I don’t think the Senegalese side gets enough credit on this forum. Nyang is a liability and Manes has not performed up to expectations but they have very good performers, Gaye and Ndiaye midfield combo is solid, and they play hard. The problem with Senegal is occasionally they’ll leave gaps for their opponents in the counter because their defenders move forward too much. But overall a solid team with a big engine that probably have a gear or two in reserve. Can they do it against Algeria?

Algeria is arguably the most tactically balanced side in the tournament. The team is capable of punishing tactical imbalances in other teams. In their CF they have a guy who has great mobility and can really pull central defenders out of position. They can also attack on both sides of the field with Mahrez a persistent threat cutting inside from the right. Their central midfield is strong with Bennacer, an excellent midfield player. However, Algeria have shown weaknesses when faced with a team with strong defensive midfield and mobile attackers. The Ivorians gave them fits because they had these attributes.

But going into the final, the Algerians are the clear favorites. They are better than the Senegalese all around especially in the tactics. Senegal have to play their best game and minimize the mistakes if they are too win. They also will have to deal with the Algerian psychological shenanigans. The x-factor is going to be the ref. If he allows the Algerians to disrupt the game by fouling as the S African ref did a in their first match, Senegal will find it even harder.


Yujam,

Yes, Algeria will be favorite but Senegal has by far the best player in this tournament -- Sadio Mane. No one has been able to control Mane and he repeatedly finds space behind the defense. I will not count out Senegal.

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 2392
Algeria just have the right factors going for them right now... all the so called heavyweight teams have been very underwhelming in these tournament... Ghana, Nigeria, Egypt, Cameroon, CIV and even Senegal who have been very lucky. Algeria just happened to be that team that have all the momentum going their way in a tournament where the so called favorites failed to live up to the event... We can argue Algeria up to these point, haven't really been tested and stretched to their limits any of the teams they've met so far, so expect a boring final with a slim Algerian win.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:36 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 44194
They can definitely flat out best Algeria if they play well. The side that will play on Friday is going to be quite different from the one that played Algeria in game 2. Gana, Gassama and Gomis did not play. Same will play in place of Kalidou who will be suspended. Gassama is probably an upgrade defensively from Wague and Gomis has deputized well in goal. But arguably Gana can make a huge difference in this one.

The only reason I wouldn’t put money on Senegal in this one is because they make mistakes that give Ygritte opponents open looks on goal.





Enugu II wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
My take.

First I don’t think the Senegalese side gets enough credit on this forum. Nyang is a liability and Manes has not performed up to expectations but they have very good performers, Gaye and Ndiaye midfield combo is solid, and they play hard. The problem with Senegal is occasionally they’ll leave gaps for their opponents in the counter because their defenders move forward too much. But overall a solid team with a big engine that probably have a gear or two in reserve. Can they do it against Algeria?

Algeria is arguably the most tactically balanced side in the tournament. The team is capable of punishing tactical imbalances in other teams. In their CF they have a guy who has great mobility and can really pull central defenders out of position. They can also attack on both sides of the field with Mahrez a persistent threat cutting inside from the right. Their central midfield is strong with Bennacer, an excellent midfield player. However, Algeria have shown weaknesses when faced with a team with strong defensive midfield and mobile attackers. The Ivorians gave them fits because they had these attributes.

But going into the final, the Algerians are the clear favorites. They are better than the Senegalese all around especially in the tactics. Senegal have to play their best game and minimize the mistakes if they are too win. They also will have to deal with the Algerian psychological shenanigans. The x-factor is going to be the ref. If he allows the Algerians to disrupt the game by fouling as the S African ref did a in their first match, Senegal will find it even harder.


Yujam,

Yes, Algeria will be favorite but Senegal has by far the best player in this tournament -- Sadio Mane. No one has been able to control Mane and he repeatedly finds space behind the defense. I will not count out Senegal.

_________________
Quote:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:39 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 44194
Tobi17 wrote:
Algeria just have the right factors going for them right now... all the so called heavyweight teams have been very underwhelming in these tournament... Ghana, Nigeria, Egypt, Cameroon, CIV and even Senegal who have been very lucky. Algeria just happened to be that team that have all the momentum going their way in a tournament where the so called favorites failed to live up to the event... We can argue Algeria up to these point, haven't really been tested and stretched to their limits any of the teams they've met so far, so expect a boring final with a slim Algerian win.


Yup if there is one thing I’ve learned it is finals are often times anticlimactic. Hope this one ☝️ s different.

_________________
Quote:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:27 am
Posts: 24806
Location: your girls place
I don't trust this Senegal team. They rely on individual brilliance as opposed to playing like a team. They should have put Tunisia to bed but instead dragged the game to extra time. This game is Algeria's to lose.

_________________
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

Assanal fans on CE are the biggest hypocrites on the web.

A-J-A-X for life!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:10 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:20 am
Posts: 20690
Location: Chiraq
Senegal will win, the didn't know how to react to the dirty tactics from this first matchup, this time they will be ready.

_________________
Image
Saints baby we did it

“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:55 am
Posts: 31260
Location: Canada
King Futcha wrote:
Senegal will win, the didn't know how to react to the dirty tactics from this first matchup, this time they will be ready.

Hero worship from clueless basketball fan Frazier. :taunt: :D Senegal will be beaten silly. :lol:

_________________
Image
Visit my blog at http://www.soccergoat.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:43 pm
Posts: 5401
I DON'T RECALL THE FIRST MATCHUP, BUT...


...I'm picking Algeria to win it. They seem very balanced offensively and defensively, and organized.

On a side note, the crowds at the matches have been totally underwhelming in numbers. If my memory serves me well, the last edition in C. Africa had more and enthusiastic fan attendance. The numbers were even low, like the attendance in age grade and female tournaments, before host country was shown the door. I don't know if this has anything to do with the switch in hosts. I don't know how it can be done, but CAF needs to make sure that the host country can find a way to turn out the fans.
Bell

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:14 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:20 am
Posts: 20690
Location: Chiraq
ohsee wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
Senegal will win, the didn't know how to react to the dirty tactics from this first matchup, this time they will be ready.

Hero worship from clueless basketball fan Frazier. :taunt: :D Senegal will be beaten silly. :lol:


whatever you say clay

Image

_________________
Image
Saints baby we did it

“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:49 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:41 pm
Posts: 9718
Algeria has dealt comfortably with the West African powerhouses they've met in the tournament so far. They would have also defeated CIV in normal time if it wasn't for the missed penalty. But if Senegal plays a tight game in the final and it goes to penalties then anything can happen.

_________________
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:09 pm
Posts: 21832
Location: NORTH AMERICA
King Futcha wrote:
Senegal will win, the didn't know how to react to the dirty tactics from this first matchup, this time they will be ready.

Cataract is curable. It's anybody's game but Algeria should be the favorite based on the games so far. But trust you to bet on the wrong horse as usual. Let's just blame cluelessness :lol:

_________________
Nancy Pelosi: " I'll rather see Trump in prison than impeached"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 81476
Location: Earth
Senegal will win as long as Niang sits on the bench, he is the worst striker in AFCON..however Algeria do look good, I want Senegal to win because i am biased when it comes to a brother coaching. Also i don't want Algeria to have 2 AFCONS...

bottomline i want Senegal to win because they are West Africans and i am very biased when it comes to my people ..

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 81476
Location: Earth
Orion wrote:
Algeria has dealt comfortably with the West African powerhouses they've met in the tournament so far. They would have also defeated CIV in normal time if it wasn't for the missed penalty. But if Senegal plays a tight game in the final and it goes to penalties then anything can happen.

CIV also missed a PK

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:02 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:20 am
Posts: 20690
Location: Chiraq
Ekorian wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
Senegal will win, the didn't know how to react to the dirty tactics from this first matchup, this time they will be ready.

Cataract is curable. It's anybody's game but Algeria should be the favorite based on the games so far. But trust you to bet on the wrong horse as usual. Let's just blame cluelessness :lol:


I backed Kawhi to go to the Clippers you? I backed Halep over Serena, you?

run along dude.

_________________
Image
Saints baby we did it

“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 36898
This is final anything can happen,just hope this will not be some yeye game.Let my guy Mane win it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:15 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:41 pm
Posts: 9718
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Orion wrote:
Algeria has dealt comfortably with the West African powerhouses they've met in the tournament so far. They would have also defeated CIV in normal time if it wasn't for the missed penalty. But if Senegal plays a tight game in the final and it goes to penalties then anything can happen.

CIV also missed a PK

Not true. Bounedjah missed a penalty at around the 48-minute mark. I didn't see any missed penalty from CIV. I'm not talking of the penalty shootout.

_________________
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:47 pm
Posts: 44649
Location: Akoko Highlands
I hope Senegal wins. But they are lacking real power up front, aside from Mane.

Wish them the best.

_________________
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 7710
I hope Algeria wins, so Naija can feel better about their loss to the "African champions"

_________________
Akpeyi -- V. Moses, TroostEkong, Omeruo, s. Atanda --- Ndidi, Mikel, Nwakaeme -- Chukwueze, Onyekuru, Osimhen


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 81476
Location: Earth
Orion wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Orion wrote:
Algeria has dealt comfortably with the West African powerhouses they've met in the tournament so far. They would have also defeated CIV in normal time if it wasn't for the missed penalty. But if Senegal plays a tight game in the final and it goes to penalties then anything can happen.

CIV also missed a PK

Not true. Bounedjah missed a penalty at around the 48-minute mark. I didn't see any missed penalty from CIV. I'm not talking of the penalty shootout.

my fault, I was thinking Sen vs Tun

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:37 am
Posts: 38322
Location: From the place where hardcore is beautiful
May the best team win, both have been the tournament’s best teams and both deserve to win it. I don’t have any horse in this race so I don’t care who wins tbh.

_________________
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by Bigpokey24 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:34 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 31614
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
King Futcha wrote:
ohsee wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
Senegal will win, the didn't know how to react to the dirty tactics from this first matchup, this time they will be ready.

Hero worship from clueless basketball fan Frazier. :taunt: :D Senegal will be beaten silly. :lol:


whatever you say clay

Image

My local coach hero. :thumb:

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

The glory has departed from Arsenal. :(

Zlatan doesn't score lucky goals, goals are lucky to be scored by Zlatan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 22672
King Futcha are you Senegalese chief?

_________________
Patience Africa (1976)- Bhula Sangoma
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j8ZDMLRbhtA


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Waffiman and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group