Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:56 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:43 pm
Posts: 20149
Location: Planet Earth
Tough luck Senegal. You gotta take your chances. For me the best team in the tournament won the title.

_________________
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:43 pm
Posts: 20149
Location: Planet Earth
This was almost a replay of the 1990 title Algeria won beating the same team in the finals that they did in the group stage.

_________________
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:02 pm
Posts: 7841
Concur!
Kudos to Algeria. They deserve the AFCON title as the best team over the tournament.
Mister Dolly wrote:
Tough luck Senegal. You gotta take your chances. For me the best team in the tournament won the title.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 2795
The best team at the tournament won and they did it with QUALITY. As for SE, you guys and your coach can hold your head high. You played, performed at balled to your level unfortunately, you lost to QUALITY. We can build from this tournament and learn from our mistakes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:09 pm
Posts: 21832
Location: NORTH AMERICA
Undeserving champion. Not impressed by this final. Ugly football and antics won the day. Shame :boo:

_________________
Nancy Pelosi: " I'll rather see Trump in prison than impeached"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 34314
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
Mister Dolly wrote:
This was almost a replay of the 1990 title Algeria won beating the same team in the finals that they did in the group stage.

Yup, and they won both finals by 1-0 with the winning goal scored from similar positions on the field (a shot from just outside the 18 yard box). And in both tourneys they beat a combination of Senegal and Nigeria 2-1 (one being an own goal) and 1-0 in the semis and final. And just like in 1990 they won all their matches.

More useless info. :D

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Last edited by theYemster on Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 2795
Underseving champion? Then who was the best team at this tournament??? Delusional Nigerians


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 7710
john12 wrote:
Underseving champion? Then who was the best team at this tournament??? Delusional Nigerians


Most Nigerians believe Ghana was

_________________
Akpeyi -- V. Moses, TroostEkong, Omeruo, s. Atanda --- Ndidi, Mikel, Nwakaeme -- Chukwueze, Onyekuru, Osimhen


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:09 pm
Posts: 21832
Location: NORTH AMERICA
john12 wrote:
Underseving champion? Then who was the best team at this tournament??? Delusional Nigerians

I wish our game with Algeria was the final. The game was an eyesore. Senegal had 12 shot on goal vs Algeria 1. Again, very disappointing final.

_________________
Nancy Pelosi: " I'll rather see Trump in prison than impeached"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 7710
Ekorian wrote:
john12 wrote:
Underseving champion? Then who was the best team at this tournament??? Delusional Nigerians

I wish our game with Algeria was the final. The game was an eyesore. Senegal had 12 shot on goal vs Algeria 1. Again, very disappointing final.


Most finals are like that. Even the world cup finals are usually terrible

_________________
Akpeyi -- V. Moses, TroostEkong, Omeruo, s. Atanda --- Ndidi, Mikel, Nwakaeme -- Chukwueze, Onyekuru, Osimhen


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 2392
Rawlings wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
john12 wrote:
Underseving champion? Then who was the best team at this tournament??? Delusional Nigerians

I wish our game with Algeria was the final. The game was an eyesore. Senegal had 12 shot on goal vs Algeria 1. Again, very disappointing final.


Most finals are like that. Even the world cup finals are usually terrible

World cup 2014 final was definitely not terrible


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:35 am
Posts: 7710
Tobi17 wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
Ekorian wrote:
john12 wrote:
Underseving champion? Then who was the best team at this tournament??? Delusional Nigerians

I wish our game with Algeria was the final. The game was an eyesore. Senegal had 12 shot on goal vs Algeria 1. Again, very disappointing final.


Most finals are like that. Even the world cup finals are usually terrible

World cup 2014 final was definitely not terrible


Look for the translation of "usually" in your local dialect?

_________________
Akpeyi -- V. Moses, TroostEkong, Omeruo, s. Atanda --- Ndidi, Mikel, Nwakaeme -- Chukwueze, Onyekuru, Osimhen


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 2795
They were by far the BEST team at the tournament followed by Senegal. Honestly, no surprises at all. You cannot criticize a coach for not doing an upset


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 1:09 pm
Posts: 21832
Location: NORTH AMERICA
john12 wrote:
They were by far the BEST team at the tournament followed by Senegal. Honestly, no surprises at all. You cannot criticize a coach for not doing an upset

If you think that this disjointed Senegal team is better than Nigeria, then there's a disconnect somewhere between your eyes and your brain.

_________________
Nancy Pelosi: " I'll rather see Trump in prison than impeached"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:12 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 31614
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
Ekorian wrote:
john12 wrote:
They were by far the BEST team at the tournament followed by Senegal. Honestly, no surprises at all. You cannot criticize a coach for not doing an upset

If you think that this disjointed Senegal team is better than Nigeria, then there's a disconnect somewhere between your eyes and your brain.

He was obviously too young when this happened
Image

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

The glory has departed from Arsenal. :(

Zlatan doesn't score lucky goals, goals are lucky to be scored by Zlatan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:53 am
Posts: 4359
Senegal is utterly useless.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 36898
Ekorian wrote:
john12 wrote:
They were by far the BEST team at the tournament followed by Senegal. Honestly, no surprises at all. You cannot criticize a coach for not doing an upset

If you think that this disjointed Senegal team is better than Nigeria, then there's a disconnect somewhere between your eyes and your brain.

I hope you know John 12 is Rohr?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 8526
How to win the African Nations Cup championship game:

- Be thoroughly dominated in possession by your opponents 63% to 37%
- Complete just 55% of your passes
- Have exactly one shot in 90+ minutes, the entire duration of the game
- Concede 12 shots to your opponents
- Concede 6 corner kicks to your opponents while taking jus 2 yourself
- Have that one shot you took deflected into his own goal by an opposing defender

Aaahhh, life is good :mrgreen: :!:


Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 29851
And of the 12 shots by Senegal, how many forced a save? Such was the nature of their display, Senegal would’ve been better served playing naked with none but palm leaves to preserve their decency. Naive.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:53 am
Posts: 4359
I have never seen Nigeria host this kind of parade after the Afcon win in 2013.

Image

Image

Image

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:14 pm
Posts: 1011
Ekorian wrote:
Undeserving champion. Not impressed by this final. Ugly football and antics won the day. Shame :boo:

I won't call them undeserving but they are not by far and away the best team as some people have suggested.

They are very well set defensively and their striker is a beast that works hard for the team every single minute he is on the pitch.

They are one of the top level teams along with us, Cameroon, South Africa, Ghana (yes even them), Egypt and Senegal.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Waffiman and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group