Liverpool FC - News, Developments and All Seasons

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liverpool - Current League Champions Thread

Post by txj »

kbt wrote:Congrats City. Well deserved
For me this is not football...Pandemic football is not football...

Someone might say its cus I'm a Liverpool fan. That's true, but the facts on the ground, re results/performance prove the lie that is this season...

City under Pep is a top team. Just not on the evidence of this season...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
kbt
Egg
Egg
Re: Liverpool - Current League Champions Thread

Post by kbt »

txj wrote:
kbt wrote:Congrats City. Well deserved
For me this is not football...Pandemic football is not football...

Someone might say its cus I'm a Liverpool fan. That's true, but the facts on the ground, re results/performance prove the lie that is this season...

City under Pep is a top team. Just not on the evidence of this season...
We only have ourselves to blame. We were top in December and then threw it away with our terrible form in 2021.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liverpool - Football Thread

Post by Coach »

The ball rolls much the same in project restart as it did prior to the pangolin’s one night stand with bat girl in a Wuhan massage parlour. Eerie silence and extra substitutions aside. In addendum, according to the “genius” of Professor Chris Whitty, the Blue Moon strain is much the same as the Red Mersey variant. As surreal as it might be, the football played is 38 games, 3 points a win, 1 for a draw and winner takes all. Season 2020/21 is every bit football and much like the season before, the title is going to the rightful winners. Liverpool are currently 6th or wherever and presently putting up the worst defence of a title since Al Hayman rolled out another make believe heavyweight champion.

@Tx, it’s football brethren, pinch the skin till it bleeds, yes, that is David Moyes besting a whole Jurgen Gegenpress in the race for Europe. As King Dave boomed into the mic, mastering the art of ceremony, in a post-match presser featuring DJ Khalid, “all I do is win, win, win, no matter what”...

Surely there’ll be plenty walking alone should UCL prove elusive. Make it happen Jurgen.
Last edited by Coach on Wed May 12, 2021 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:The ball rolls much the same in project restart as it did prior to the pangolin’s one night stand with bat girl in a Wuhan massage parlour. Eerie silence and extra substitutions aide. In addendum, according to the “genius” of Professor Chris Whitty, the Blue Moon strain is much the same as the Red Mersey variant. As surreal as it might be, the football played is 38 games, 3 points a win, 1 for a draw and winner takes all. Season 2020/21 is every bit football and much like the season before, the title is going to the rightful winners. Liverpool are currently 6th or wherever and presently putting up the worst defence of a title since Al Hayman rolled out another make believe heavyweight champion.

@Tx, it’s football brethren, pinch the skin till it bleeds, yes, that is David Moyes besting a whole Jurgen Gegenpress in the race for Europe. As King Dave boomed into the mic, mastering the art of ceremony, in a post-match presser featuring DJ Khalid, “all I do is win, win, win, no matter what”...

Surely they’ll be plenty walking alone should UCL prove elusive. Make it happen Jurgen.
Its surreal football. Even the players know it!

I am yet to see one quality game in any league across Europe. Even the CL s/final between PSG and Bayern was rendered unreal by the absences...

This is not futbol...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

12 points after 8 games, 19th Dec - 7 March, unbeaten...Football.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:12 points after 8 games, 19th Dec - 7 March, unbeaten...Football.
When you bring together financial resources and football knowledge, you have a good chance to create something special.

"This is obviously the case. They have a brilliant squad and the best manager in the world.
A couple of weeks ago vs Palace(?), who fielded an academy player in defence, City had 5 international center backs available.

Tis not real football.

The standards and fitness of players is unequal, varying amongst players, sometimes in the same team and from game to game.

When you have the resources of City, as Klopp pointed out above (or Chelsea), it makes it easier to overcome these challenges...

Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Liverpool XI: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, R. Williams, Phillips, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Thiago, Salah, Diogo Jota, Firmino

Subs: Adrian, Kelleher, Mane, Jones, Tsimikas, Shaqiri, Origi, Woodburn, N. Williams

Here we go again. Mane on the bench. Hope he isn’t injured. He finally breaks the goal drought and now on the bench. Hope the midfield can win this for us. Best of luck RedMen! YNWA….
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

how was that not a PK?
Unbelievable!!!

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

wahala dey.. if united loses, I hope they lose to Villareal as wll...pathetic
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

chei pool are about to sneak into the champs league
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Klopp-Mane, interesting. Completely blanked Jurgen’s high five. Hmm.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

That was interesting . Reminds me of the early salah months. All out attacking without much of a defense at least until VVD joined. It was a fun game of football. Alisson will give me a heart attack. Trent is really a midfielder. What a talent. Mentality monsters. Philip was immense. Weat Brom next. YNWA….
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

Champions League qualification is in our hands (also taking into account goal difference can still decide it). We simply have to win the 3 remaining games.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

What’s the deal with Sadio Mane?
Why would he do his Coach like
that in front of everyone and after a
great team win?
Wonder how Klopp deals with this.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Liverpool XI: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Phillips, R. Williams, Robertson, Fabinho, Thiago, Jones, Mane, Salah, Firmino

Subs: Adrian, Wijnaldum, Tsimikas, Shaqiri, Origi, Woodburn, Clarkson, N. Williams, Koumetio

Jota injured. We have to bring it home now. No messing around. Midfield have to dominate and no mistakes at the back. 3 points a must! Go on RedMen! YNWA…..
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Liverpool win with the last kick. The GK headed in the corner kick!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Allison wants CL so badly.

Keepers making a difference. Unlike some Kepas.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Wow, what a game. Alisson, Trent, Salah and the rest. Pray this helps push us over the line.
cruxifixoy2k
Egg
Egg

Post by cruxifixoy2k »

Now this result is not good for both Chelsea and Leicester. Whoever drop points in the Chelsea vs Leicester game is out of the top 4. I hope Chelsea will be the team to drop out.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

And some say “it’s not football”.

Wonderful moment, bested only by the post-match interview. Articulate, eloquent, powerful.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

cruxifixoy2k wrote:Now this result is not good for both Chelsea and Leicester. Whoever drop points in the Chelsea vs Leicester game is out of the top 4. I hope Chelsea will be the team to drop out.

Another home game for Chelsea. Chelsea has been atrocious at home recently.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

Well that was exciting :thumbs:
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

cruxifixoy2k wrote:Now this result is not good for both Chelsea and Leicester. Whoever drop points in the Chelsea vs Leicester game is out of the top 4. I hope Chelsea will be the team to drop out.
If Leicester lose against Chelsea, they can still win their last game to get to 69 points. If Liverpool win their next two, we will also be on 69, so it goes to goal difference.