Liverpool FC - News, Developments and All Seasons

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liverpool (6 x European Champions): NEWS - SEASON/19-20

Post by txj »

kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:bia, my friends, come... this is a serious question abeg, I have asked it multiple times. How is a midfield of Henderson and Milner not in 10th place?
PNP era of Premier League, in these times of Brexit they are the Xavis and Iniestas of the world. Henderson being the Mackem Xavi and Milner the Yorkshire Iniesta.

There's a general misconception that quality MF play can only come from technical players and never from the athletic players like Milner and Hendo. That is completely wrong.

True, the best MFs often come from the technical players or esp, those who combine the two.

but great midfielders have also come from the athletic players, esp those who combine discipline, tactical awareness and high workrate, one of the best examples being the German great, Uli Stielike....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Damunk wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Damunk wrote:All you Liverpool FC fans should go watch 'THIS IS FOOTBALL', an original Amazon Prime documentary, episode 1.
You'll be proud. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=296834
Give me your fuking login so i can watch too.
Are you a joker? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Why you think you're too good to share an Amazon login and all your personal information and data with me?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

txj wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
danfo driver wrote:bia, my friends, come... this is a serious question abeg, I have asked it multiple times. How is a midfield of Henderson and Milner not in 10th place?
PNP era of Premier League, in these times of Brexit they are the Xavis and Iniestas of the world. Henderson being the Mackem Xavi and Milner the Yorkshire Iniesta.

There's a general misconception that quality MF play can only come from technical players and never from the athletic players like Milner and Hendo. That is completely wrong.

True, the best MFs often come from the technical players or esp, those who combine the two.

but great midfielders have also come from the athletic players, esp those who combine discipline, tactical awareness and high workrate, one of the best examples being the German great, Uli Stielike....
I'm not downplaying their utility or effectiveness, I spend a good amount of time praising Championship teams on here.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Adrian, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum Henderson, Mane, Salah, Firmino

Subs: Kelleher, Milner, Gomez, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Shaqiri, Origi

Klopp has gone for consistencies at least till international break after which games come thick and fast. Will be tough but we should win. Let’s go Red Men! YNWA....
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

What a goal by Alexander.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Perfect assist by Firmino to Mane.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

The Reds R oh so lethal on the counter!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Why does Sallah always find it convenient to be selfish especially when it is Mane he has to pass to. Someone needs to issue him a dirty slap, it is becoming ridiculous
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Mane has every right to be angry, it is becoming ridiculous, Sallah is doing it deliberately
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Mane has every right to be angry, it is becoming ridiculous, Sallah is doing it deliberately

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

And what does Klop do, he takes off the victims and leave the culprit

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

oloye wrote:Mane has every right to be angry, it is becoming ridiculous, Sallah is doing it deliberately
Fair point but to throw such a temper tantrum when your team is winning 3-0? It makes it seem more about “You” than the “team”. Yes Salah used him as a decoy but goodness, it can’t be that serious now.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Sleaky72 wrote:
oloye wrote:Mane has every right to be angry, it is becoming ridiculous, Sallah is doing it deliberately
Fair point but to throw such a temper tantrum when your team is winning 3-0? It makes it seem more about “You” than the “team”. Yes Salah used him as a decoy but goodness, it can’t be that serious now.
It is annoying because that has been going on for ages, not just this match. It is only a matter of time before it boils to the surface. Especially when the manager now decides to take him off instead of the stupid and selfish player.

If you have been watching Mane,over several matches he has been bottling the frustration.Sallah did it twice in this game, even Klop was furious at one point.

Things like that destroy team spirit, Mane has been generous to him. If it was me I would slap him if not on the field, it would happen in the dressing room

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

oloye wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
It is annoying because that has been going on for ages, not just this match. It is only a matter of time before it boils to the surface. Especially when the manager now decides to take him off instead of the stupid and selfish player.

If you have been watching Mane,over several matches he has been bottling the frustration.Sallah did it twice in this game, even Klop was furious at one point.
I hear U loud and clear but it does go both ways. There ave been occasions when Mane has been a ball hog as well. I just think the reaction was way OTT considering that he had already scored and they were up by three. Regardless wetin concern me. Let dem deal with it.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Sleaky72 wrote:
oloye wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

I hear U loud and clear but it does go both ways. There ave been occasions when Mane has been a ball hog as well. I just think the reaction was way OTT considering that he had already scored and they were up by three. Regardless wetin concern me. Let dem deal with it.
It was long coming, that is the point, this has been brewing long before now. It was bound to happen sooner or later, that why I said I was not surprised by Mane"s reaction.

Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

I was really mad at the non pass to Mane. In that situation you have 2 options, use him as decoy or pass to him. He chose the former but that non pass to Firmino is really bad. It just makes it look like he wants the team to work for him instead of the other way round.
Happy about the win. Take 2 weeks and make up and get back at it.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

oloye wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:

Things like that destroy team spirit, Mane has been generous to him. If it was me I would slap him if not on the field, it would happen in the dressing room
This is what makes Firmino the most important member of that Liverpool attack. Salah is the most talented but he is flawed. Firmino is so selfless, he makes the right choice every time, and has the technique to make it happen. That Mane goal, the weight of that pass was perfect. The role he played on the bench of keeping Mane calm. Either way, that's as impressive a front 3 as I have seen in EPL in all my years of watching since the 90s. Well done guys.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

Salah is way too selfish. This little thing in failing to find your team mate is what won’t make him on the level of Messi and Ronaldo despite his ability.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

kbt wrote:Salah is way too selfish. This little thing in failing to find your team mate is what won’t make him on the level of Messi and Ronaldo despite his ability.
Ronaldo and Messi ain’t selfish?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Mohammed needs to cut the selfishness in his game.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Sleaky72 wrote:
...Liverpool and City are raking up goals, that may be the decider at the end.
Mane is right to be mad, Salah's selfihness is gonna ruin the team progress.
This is just like SE video match in the 90s I believe, where Siasia failed to make clear pass to Yekini for a comfortable win vs Algeria and Westerhoff was pissed about it.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Sleaky72 wrote:
kbt wrote:Salah is way too selfish. This little thing in failing to find your team mate is what won’t make him on the level of Messi and Ronaldo despite his ability.
Ronaldo and Messi ain’t selfish?
...they "sell fish" when they need to help the club win :biggrin:
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

mcal wrote:
Sleaky72 wrote:
...Liverpool and City are raking up goals, that may be the decider at the end.
Mane is right to be mad, Salah's selfihness is gonna ruin the team progress.
This is just like SE video match in the 90s I believe, where Siasia failed to make clear pass to Yekini for a comfortable win vs Algeria and Westerhoff was pissed about it.
Wow aren’t we being a little too desperate and OTT here? What an analogy. Comparing a World Cup qualifier to a league game that ur up by three goals? Ok have it ur way. I’m dne here.