Liverpool FC - News, Developments and All Seasons

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Liverpool - Current League Champions Thread

Post by danfo driver »

kajifu wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Is Klopp just a German Alan Pardew?
Show some respect bro,what has Alan won as a coach?
Reading

Football League Second Division runner-up: 2001–02[127]

West Ham United

Football League Championship play-offs: 2005[128]
FA Cup runner-up: 2005–06[129]

Southampton

Football League Trophy: 2009–10[129]

Crystal Palace

FA Cup runner-up: 2015–16

Individual

Premier League Manager of the Season: 2011–12[130]
LMA Manager of the Year: 2011–12[67]
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

If Pardew was called Pardieu or Pardiola (and didn't **** his players' wives, which was his right under jus primae noctis), people on here (txj) will speak of him like he was a revolutionary.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:If Pardew was called Pardieu or Pardiola (and didn't #$% his players' wives, which was his right under jus primae noctis), people on here (txj) will speak of him like he was a revolutionary.
Yup! You know thats right!

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Alategun wrote:Klopp took too long to make the changes. Jones was holding on too long and it ended us costing us. Jones should have been off at 60 minutes.
Kpom. Jones is too full of himself.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

txj wrote:
mcal wrote:...New Castle stifle the Champs
Not sure they stiffled LFC.
They worked hard on defence, but there were enough chances created to win the game...

But Liverpool did not look sharp...thought Klopp should've used a better combination in MF. Jones offered nothing from the first kick...

Really happy to see Thiago back...
Clear and obvious penalty missed by the ref at the end when the Newcastle goalkeeper held onto Sadio's kicking leg. But, yes, Liverpool was not sharp with Firmino and Salah missing four clear chances.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

We all saw how they disrespected Sam Allardyce. if his name were Samulco Angelo Allardini, they'd canonize him!

Dude was chilling in quarantine for 11 months, and before then was reading to the elderly for years! Only to show up, put on his tracksuit and humiliate Herr Klopp. :oops: This is a guy who had not coached in years! Just imagine if he was not rusty, what he would have done to Klopp last week?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohsee wrote:
Alategun wrote:Klopp took too long to make the changes. Jones was holding on too long and it ended us costing us. Jones should have been off at 60 minutes.
Kpom. Jones is too full of himself.
Diokpa Dede, Ndewo... ekenekwa m unu!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

kalani JR wrote:If Pardew was called Pardieu or Pardiola (and didn't #$% his players' wives, which was his right under jus primae noctis), people on here (txj) will speak of him like he was a revolutionary.
Seriously :???:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:We all saw how they disrespected Sam Allardyce. if his name were Samulco Angelo Allardini, they'd canonize him!

Dude was chilling in quarantine for 11 months, and before then was reading to the elderly for years! Only to show up, put on his tracksuit and humiliate Herr Klopp. :oops: This is a guy who had not coached in years! Just imagine if he was not rusty, what he would have done to Klopp last week?

Leeds certainly canonized him!!!

https://youtu.be/tdcrrxRnGfI

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:We all saw how they disrespected Sam Allardyce. if his name were Samulco Angelo Allardini, they'd canonize him!

So true, just because the man drinks wine from a pint glass or doesn't dress like that Basque metrosexual at Arsenal, doesn't mean he isn't blessed with knowledge of the beautiful game. I saw him win games in the Championship, has Klopp done that? I saw him lead teams to the League Cup final, has Sacchi done that? I saw him finish top six in the Premier League has Capello who spent years in England even finished top 15?

I raise my tumbler of Chablis!

Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

kalani JR wrote:

So true, just because the man drinks wine from a pint glass or doesn't dress like that Basque metrosexual at Arsenal, doesn't mean he isn't blessed with knowledge of the beautiful game. I saw him win games in the Championship, has Klopp done that? I saw him lead teams to the League Cup final, has Sacchi done that? I saw him finish top six in the Premier League has Capello who spent years in England even finished top 15?

Klopp actually did same in Germany. Took Mainz to the Bundesliga against all odds. And took Dortmund to the top against all odds against almighty Bayern. Without Klopp, city would wipe the floor against everyone. City would have turned EPL to what Bayern is doing to Bundesliga. Respect Klopp. To me he is the best in the world.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

https://youtu.be/BLZtT1ogViA

We all walk in and by his grace.
Happy new year guys....

Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Happy new year RedMen! Stay safe. YNWA.....
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

ohsee wrote:
txj wrote:
mcal wrote:...New Castle stifle the Champs
Not sure they stiffled LFC.
They worked hard on defence, but there were enough chances created to win the game...

But Liverpool did not look sharp...thought Klopp should've used a better combination in MF. Jones offered nothing from the first kick...

Really happy to see Thiago back...
Clear and obvious penalty missed by the ref at the end when the Newcastle goalkeeper held onto Sadio's kicking leg. But, yes, Liverpool was not sharp with Firmino and Salah missing four clear chances.
...the stress of too many matches is affecting some these guys. e no easy to come play every week at full throttle and expect to win.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:

Exactly my point! Got destroyed by Bielsa (using div 2 players), but Klopp who has spent hundreds of millions failed. #GermanPardew
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:

My brother, tell them! :clap:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Alategun wrote:

Klopp actually did same in Germany. Took Mainz to the Bundesliga against all odds.
This is actually false.

In his first full season in div 2 with Mainz, they finished 4th and failed to get promoted
In his second full season in div 2 with Mainz, they finished 4th again and failed to be promoted
In his third full season in div 2, he was lucky to finish 3rd and got promoted

It wasnt against all odds. He continued to fail and fail and the club had to spend to help him.
And took Dortmund to the top against all odds against almighty Bayern.
First, he was at Dortmund for SEVEN (7) YEARS and only won 2 titles

Secondly, the 5 years before Klopp won the Bundesliga, these were the champions -

2005–06 Bayern Munich
2006–07 VfB Stuttgart
2007–08 Bayern Munich
2008–09 VfL Wolfsburg
2009–10 Bayern Munich

As you can see, at that time, winning Bundesliga with Bayern competing was not "against all odds." Bayern did not win the league every year that time. Stuttgart and Wolfsburg won it.
Without Klopp, city would wipe the floor against everyone. City would have turned EPL to what Bayern is doing to Bundesliga. Respect Klopp. To me he is the best in the world.
Here is the EPL champions in the last 10 years:

2010–11 Manchester United
2011–12 Manchester City
2012–13 Manchester United
2013–14 Manchester City
2014–15 Chelsea
2015–16 Leicester City
2016–17 Chelsea
2017–18 Manchester City
2018–19 Manchester City
2019–20 Liverpool

Please explain to me how (1) City would have wiped everyone and (2) how Klopp, who has coached Liverpool FOR FIVE (1) YEARS AND WON ONLY 1 TITLE is the reason City has not won the league every year. Literally, in 5 seasons, the guy managed to win the league last season after a lot of penalties for Salah and he saved the league from City? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

United won it 2 times and Chelsea won it 2 times. Klopp has done as much as Ranieri has done to stop City. :rotf:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

You don't even know when you're being ridiculed. :lol: :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

You don't even know when you're being ridiculed. :lol: :lol:
The Irony! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Talk about the real ridicule! :oops: :oops: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Hmm...TxJ, what does Bielsa and Ar-tu-tor have that Klopp does not have? :D
danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:

Exactly my point! Got destroyed by Bielsa (using div 2 players), but Klopp who has spent hundreds of millions failed. #GermanPardew
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Liverpool XI: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Henderson, Fabinho, Robertson, Thiago, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wijnaldum, Mane, Salah, Firmino

Subs: Kelleher, Milner, Jones, Minamino, Shaqiri, Origi, R. Williams, Phillips, N. Williams

Interesting line up. I guess with that tall CB out for Southampton, we can expect less danger from corners and free kicks. We should control play better though. We need a win. Come on RedMen! YNWA....
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Alategun wrote:Liverpool XI: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Henderson, Fabinho, Robertson, Thiago, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wijnaldum, Mane, Salah, Firmino

Subs: Kelleher, Milner, Jones, Minamino, Shaqiri, Origi, R. Williams, Phillips, N. Williams

Interesting line up. I guess with that tall CB out for Southampton, we can expect less danger from corners and free kicks. We should control play better though. We need a win. Come on RedMen! YNWA....
Egungun, well said! YMCA!!! :clap:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote:Hmm...TxJ, what does Bielsa and Ar-tu-tor have that Klopp does not have? :D
Zero Premier League titles.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.