Liverpool FC - News, Developments and All Seasons

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: Liverpool - League, World and European Champions Thread

Post by kalani JR »

Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Today must be the worst day of Steven Gerrard's life. That thing must be in so much pain as he realizes that Jordan Henderson is a bigger Liverpool Legend than he would ever be.
Fair point

Champions League (Reached final twice)
European Super Cup
Premier League
World Club Championship

Henderson has won more prestigious titles.
You measure these things via emotionally connection which Henderson will never have over Gerrard.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Today must be the worst day of Steven Gerrard's life. That thing must be in so much pain as he realizes that Jordan Henderson is a bigger Liverpool Legend than he would ever be.
Fair point

European Super Cup
Premier League
World Club Championship

And you factor in the reason they call him "Steven-Me," he would look at the trophies Hendo won and the trophies hendo is likely to win in the future and it will hurt--knowing the type of person he is.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Fair point

European Super Cup
Premier League
World Club Championship

You measure these things via emotionally connection which Henderson will never have over Gerrard.
You will find out. You underestimate the power of success. the way they feel about Hendo today is not the way the will feel about him in 1,2,3,4,5 years time, after the emotions of winning has sipped into their system. Gerrard is loved because he is a scouser. Hendo will be loved because he is a winner who brought joy to their hearts and restored them to where they believe is their rightful place.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Fair point

European Super Cup
Premier League
World Club Championship

You will find out. You underestimate the power of success. the way they feel about Hendo today is not the way the will feel about him in 1,2,3,4,5 years time, after the emotions of winning has sipped into their system. Gerrard is loved because he is a scouser. Hendo will be loved because he is a winner who brought joy to their hearts and restored them to where they believe is their rightful place.
Gerrard did win things for them as captain, so supplanting him won't be that easy. Someone like Owen who was local, won the Ballon d'Or and scored the winning goals in the FA Cup final will probably not be seen as a bigger player than Salah or Mane but Gerrard is another level to every player since Dalglish/Keegan.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Henderson FWA player of the year. He took hold of the team when Fabinho got injured and we had our best run. Fabinho got back and played 3 bad games. Henderson went back in at 6 and we dominated Athletico. Shame we lost that game. Well deserved Captain!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

kalani JR wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Fair point

European Super Cup
Premier League
World Club Championship

Henderson is a legend. Gerard is a legend and won the UEFA and CL cups with Liverpool. However I am sure some still remember when he threatened to join Chelsea.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Fair point

European Super Cup
Premier League
World Club Championship

Henderson is a legend. Gerard is a legend and won the UEFA and CL cups with Liverpool. However I am sure some still remember when he threatened to join Chelsea.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I remember well well... and then he slipped. :lol:
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

Henderson winning reminds me when Drogba had
29 goals(1 PK, while Lampard took at least 10)
10 assists
Top scorer
Titles(Premier League + FA Cup + FA Community Shield)
While the lone goal in the FA Cup Finals

But lost to Rooney smh
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Like I said, e go do you like film trick. They are already painting his pics on their house.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... nolds.html
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Liverpool: Alisson, Williams, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Milner, Wijnaldum, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Minamino, Origi.

Subs: Adrian, Fabinho, Firmino, Mane, Salah, Shaqiri, Jones, Alexander-Arnold, Elliott.

Interesting line up. Last game of the season. Newcastle checked out and are in the beach already. Liverpool probably have a few beers in them. Don’t know how to read this. Hopefully Minamino grabs this opportunity. Always looked like a nearly man. Always a split second to a situation even though he makes the right movement.
It is on Peacork for US folks.
Let’s go final time this season RedMen! YNWA.....
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

What a season. Who would have thought after coming so close last year that we would go one better. Lots of people thought that we had blown our best chance last year to win it having run City so close but the team came back stronger just like they did last year in the Champions League after the loss to Real Madrid. They never give up! Well done Reds!
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

The run the team has put together since VVD joined 2 1/2 years ago is remarkable
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Ozan Kabak
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i so much despise Liverpool for knowing they've won the league and then playing Chelsea like it was a cup final...after Chelsea helped them to win the league by beating City... i hope nothing but down the hill going forward for pool, i see klop the joke doing a dortmund next season
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Bigpokey24 wrote:i so much despise Liverpool for knowing they've won the league and then playing Chelsea like it was a cup final...after Chelsea helped them to win the league by beating City... i hope nothing but down the hill going forward for pool, i see klop the joke doing a dortmund next season
Pep once had 100 pts and now he's down to 81. What goes up must come down.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

There's only one Stevie G. Its not even a discussion for Liverpool fans..

https://youtu.be/3OQToElxke4
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

txj wrote:There's only one Stevie G. Its not even a discussion for Liverpool fans..

Yeah I don't understand why people think Henderson will supplant him in the eyes of Liverpool fans.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:
txj wrote:There's only one Stevie G. Its not even a discussion for Liverpool fans..

Yeah I don't understand why people think Henderson will supplant him in the eyes of Liverpool fans.
you will find out.

It was how some people said the market will collapse and I told them that I know investors like the back of my hand. Now we all see the market.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
This i give it to Steve and the pool fans,3 goals down and the fans still believe.
Waht a player for Liverpool
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Xhaka please not today biko.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

kajifu wrote:Xhaka please not today biko.
?
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

It's not easy to get Gerrard type players anymore. Too much money in football so teams have depth in almost all positions.
Gerrard carried the Liverpool of those days in a different way the JH is currently doing. I think he had something like 8 seasons with 10+ goals and 3 seasons with 20+ goals playing box to box midfield. The two blunders were the Chelsea related events, the tap and the slip.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Molue Conductor wrote:It's not easy to get Gerrard type players anymore. Too much money in football so teams have depth in almost all positions.
Gerrard carried the Liverpool of those days in a different way the JH is currently doing. I think he had something like 8 seasons with 10+ goals and 3 seasons with 20+ goals playing box to box midfield. The two blunders were the Chelsea related events, the tap and the slip.
Hmm.. why did Gerrard threaten to join Chelsea? :rotf: :rotf: