Liverpool FC - News, Developments and All Seasons

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Alategun
Egg
Egg
Re: Liverpool (6 x European Champions): NEWS - SEASON/19-20

Post by Alategun »

4-2 now.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Mane scores the hard ones and misses the easy ones lol. On to the next one. Bournemouth away.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Liverpool: Alisson, Gomez, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Milner, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Salah, Firmino

Subs: Adrian, Mane, Shaqiri, Origi, Jones, Alexander-Arnold, Elliott

Gini And Trent with well deserved rest. Lallana not on the bench. It might be 4231 switching to 442 at times.
let’s go RedMen! YNWA...,,
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Ox on the left. He really hasn’t played well on the left. Hope today is his day.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

U don’t need Milner in a game like this. Take him off, play Origi and move Ox to middle maybe after 60 minutes
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Well Ox scores. I guess this is why I watch from my couch lol
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

Boring game. :sleep:
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Kako
Egg
Egg

Post by Kako »

2-0 6 x European Champions :)
Ara lao mada o, ao ni daran.
Arambara!

Ohamadike of Ijebu Igbo in Biafra land

I am a cat face yorobber son of Afonja skull miner!
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

U want to build a defender in the Lab, look at VVD. Rolls Royce
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Keita, Mane, Salah, Firmino

Subs: Adrian, Milner, Gomez, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Shaqiri, Origi, Jones

I thought Keita will start. Good line up. Good options off the bench. Win the midfield and we win! Let’s go RedMen! YNWA.....
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...2nd goal by Mo Salah fantastic, impossible angle. That goalkeeper is worse than what we see at the AFCON.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Salah misses 4 easier ones and scores a difficult one lol... Keita beast. Same with Mane
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

Job well done for the Reds. Now to focus on Watford on Saturday.
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50755948
Liverpool are planning to make a move for Red Bull Salzburg winger Takumi Minamino in January.

Minamino, who is believed to have a release clause of £7.25m, played in both his side's Champions League group games against the Reds this season.

Liverpool are stepping up their pursuit of the 24-year-old because interest in the Japan forward is increasing.

Minamino has scored nine goals in 22 appearances for Salzburg this season and provided 11 assists.

One of his two Champions League goals came in Salzburg's 4-3 group stage defeat by Jurgen Klopp's side at Anfield in October.

In the return on Tuesday, the Austrian side lost 2-0 but Minamino was a constant threat in the first half and Liverpool are keen to do a deal as they believe he is worth more than treble his release clause.

Despite playing against Liverpool in this season's Champions League, the forward would be eligible to play for the holders in the competition if he does move following a rule change by Uefa last year.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

kbt wrote:https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50755948
Liverpool are planning to make a move for Red Bull Salzburg winger Takumi Minamino in January.

Minamino, who is believed to have a release clause of £7.25m, played in both his side's Champions League group games against the Reds this season.

Liverpool are stepping up their pursuit of the 24-year-old because interest in the Japan forward is increasing.

Minamino has scored nine goals in 22 appearances for Salzburg this season and provided 11 assists.

One of his two Champions League goals came in Salzburg's 4-3 group stage defeat by Jurgen Klopp's side at Anfield in October.

In the return on Tuesday, the Austrian side lost 2-0 but Minamino was a constant threat in the first half and Liverpool are keen to do a deal as they believe he is worth more than treble his release clause.

Despite playing against Liverpool in this season's Champions League, the forward would be eligible to play for the holders in the competition if he does move following a rule change by Uefa last year.

This is a good signing, fast with quick feet. Works hard too. Brewster out on loan then and no place for Wilson.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

See him playing mostly in the Firmino role. Has the work rate and the selflessness, as well as the technical skills to be an effective deputy.
Brilliant scouting and signing. Hopefully it works out...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

txj wrote:See him playing mostly in the Firmino role. Has the work rate and the selflessness, as well as the technical skills to be an effective deputy.
So what happens with Origi then? I see Origi best as a 9. Doesn’t get enough playing time as it is. I thought Minamino will sub Salah and Mane easily. Sure Klopp will figure out the rotation and he has Shaq as extra forward/midfield. Good times at Anfield
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Alategun wrote:
txj wrote:See him playing mostly in the Firmino role. Has the work rate and the selflessness, as well as the technical skills to be an effective deputy.
So what happens with Origi then? I see Origi best as a 9. Doesn’t get enough playing time as it is. I thought Minamino will sub Salah and Mane easily. Sure Klopp will figure out the rotation and he has Shaq as extra forward/midfield. Good times at Anfield
Origi remains the Plan B, as he offers something different, being more direct than any other forward.

Minamino is an option across the four roles upfront, but I highlighted his suitability for the Firminho role because not many are able to play in that role. This IMO is a really clever signing...
Last edited by txj on Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Klopp signed till 2024! Good news
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Lovren our injured. On hindsight, shouldn’t have been risked on Tuesday. I guess run of games gelps Gomez back to his best, I hope
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote:
Alategun wrote:
Origi remains the Plan B, as he offers something different, being more direct than any other forward.

Minamino is an option across the four roles upfront, but I highlighted his suitability for the Firminho role because not many are able to play in that role. This IMO is a really clever signing...
Couldn't agree more. He was the standout player for Salzburg in the two legs IMO (Huang was also good).

I see him as a Firmino deputy and possibly replacement. Apparently, Liverpool players were telling Klopp to consider buying him after one of the games - not knowing that a deal was already long in place.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Alategun
Egg
Egg

Post by Alategun »

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Shaqiri, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Subs: Adrian, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Robertson, Origi, Williams.

Attacking side. 4231? Robertson rested. Trent 1 yellow card away from suspension. If he picks up one, I think he will serve it by missing the Villa game. So should be available for Leicester anyhow.
Need to win. Let’s go RedMen! YNWA......
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

I feel so sorry 4 coaches who R cursed with really dumb players. Watford totally outplayed and out coached Liverpool, yet somehow find themselves down a goal becuz they have some truly mentally deficient players. Nigel Pearson must be pulling his hair out. Their chances were so clear cut but somehow they managed to blow three tap ins! That’s almost impossible 2 do! And then get caught on a counter off their own corner kick!!!