"Chairman's racist comments left me baffled" GERALD

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet
"Chairman's racist comments left me baffled" GERALD

Post by Senator WIRES »

Gerald Asamoah has reacted with dismay to the racist comments made by Schalke chairman Clemens Tonnies last week.
The German uttered the condescending statements against Africans at a public event in Paderborn last Thursday.

“Instead of increasing taxes, we should rather finance 20 power plants in Africa every year. Then Africans would stop cutting down trees and producing children when it's dark,” Tonnies is quoted as saying as per DW.

Despite coming out to issue a statement of apology on the comments he later branded ‘foolish’, Tonnies wasn’t spared as former Schalke player Asamoah took to social media to condemn the comments made by the chairman of the German club.
“Honestly I am a little bit speechless,” Asamoah wrote on Instagram.
“I work with Clemens Tonnies for a long time and we became friends. He never acted racist towards me. His words did surprise, shock and hurt me.

“It’s clear that this is not okay. He insults me and all the other affected ones. We can’t tolerate it.

“He called me personally and apologized himself, nevertheless, we will sit together soon because something like that can’t happen (!!)
“And it’s sad that we still have to talk about something like that in 2019.”
http://www.goal.com/en-gh/
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: "Chairman's racist comments left me baffled" GERALD

Post by Bigpokey24 »

you will never see pajimoh in such threads to condemn racism , the sad part is pajimoh stays in ghana..a ghanaman suffers racism , he blames the black man
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

OMG, speechless.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Senator WIRES wrote: “I work with Clemens Tonnies for a long time and we became friends. He never acted racist towards me. His words did surprise, shock and hurt me.

...racists tend not to show their ugly side to their friends, especially if they are black so as to protect whatever it is they enjoying at that moment.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

This is disgusting :twisted: :twisted:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Bigpokey24 wrote:you will never see pajimoh in such threads to condemn racism , the sad part is pajimoh stays in ghana..a ghanaman suffers racism , he blames the black man
I just entered this thread to read and I would have commented but because of you, so you can be right, I'm getting out.
But you noticed how you haven't commented yourself?
You're so stupid they stopped holding election in your village have given you a life time post as the unopposed stupidest person alive. Congrats.

Oh, by the way, comment on Mr Tonnies comments? Cheers :D
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

What I dont understand most times is what goes on in these people's heads. This one is sitting down talking about taxes, and his head goes to Africa and why they cut down trees there and have sex in the dark. Same as Trump. He was thinking of immigration from Mexico and his head went to Africa.

I dont understand it, honestly. What did we do to these people?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

danfo driver wrote:What I dont understand most times is what goes on in these people's heads. This one is sitting down talking about taxes, and his head goes to Africa and why they cut down trees there and have sex in the dark. Same as Trump. He was thinking of immigration from Mexico and his head went to Africa.

...ask zee-lot, he is a busboy at one of the trump resorts. And real deal, he works on the grounds of 1600 Penn Av, they talk to trump all the time :biggrin:
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

i dont see anything racist about the statement. its all subjective
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

danfo driver wrote:What I dont understand most times is what goes on in these people's heads. This one is sitting down talking about taxes, and his head goes to Africa and why they cut down trees there and have sex in the dark. Same as Trump. He was thinking of immigration from Mexico and his head went to Africa.

you better be happy that you're not on Rant and Rave....
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

you better be happy that you're not on Rant and Rave....
Tufiakwa! I have resisted any temptation to enter there for all these years. Long may it continue! :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

By Reuters
9 hours ago
Schalke boss Toennies temporarily steps down over controversial comments

BERLIN, Aug 7 (Reuters) - Schalke 04 president Clemens Toennies has stepped down as club boss for a period of three months following a board hearing into controversial comments he made last week triggering a racism row.
Toennies, a billionaire owner of a meat processing company, had told a conference last week that instead of increasing taxes to protect the environment there should be more power stations built in Africa.

"Then the Africans would stop cutting down trees and produce babies when it is dark," Toennies said in his speech in Paderborn.

His comments instantly triggered a wave of angry reactions including from several former Schalke players, and calls for his immediate resignation from his post at the Bundesliga club that has one of the largest and most loyal fan base in Germany.

"I am a bit speechless," said Ghanaian-born former Germany and Schalke player Gerald Asamoah. "His comments surprised me, shocked me and injured me. He is insulting me and everyone else involved."

Toennies quickly issued a public apology saying his comments were wrong and inappropriate but said he stood fully behind the club's fight against racism, discrimination and exclusion.

Schalke's honorary board met late on Tuesday with Toennies and following a four-hour discussion that ran into the night rejected the claims of racism but said he had violated the club's anti-discrimination rules.

"He accepted this violation and again expressed his regret. This is why Clemens Toennies has announced that he will step down from chair of the board for a period of three months," the club said in a statement. :oops:

Schalke kick off their Bundesliga season next week against Borussia Moenchengladbach. (Reporting by Karolos Grohmann Editing by Amlan Chakraborty)
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I no go lie, I will gladly take the power plant :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Most bigots are actually smart and cunning. They know whom to target based on how the reaction will be like. For example this guy just insulted africans and now he has to stand down for 3 months only. Imagine if he said the same thing against jews.....he will be gone as early as yesterday. It's not that he doesn't hate them too. He does but he knows the repercussions of it would be severe so he won't dare do it. He knows that he could say whatever and then tomorrow you will find the same thing shaking hands with some dude from CAF or some president of some african country.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bk-one wrote:

Most bigots are actually smart and cunning. They know whom to target based on how the reaction will be like. For example this guy just insulted africans and now he has to stand down for 3 months only. Imagine if he said the same thing against jews.....he will be gone as early as yesterday. It's not that he doesn't hate them too. He does but he knows the repercussions of it would be severe so he won't dare do it. He knows that he could say whatever and then tomorrow you will find the same thing shaking hands with some dude from CAF or some president of some african country.
:clap: :clap: e own for don finish! jews dont play. but many Africans are 1diots. thats the problem.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

bk-one wrote:

End of story :clap: :clap:
The African is seen as weak and fair game
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Samora Machel wrote:
bk-one wrote:

and many Africans are weak and accept to be fair game.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Samora Machel wrote:
bk-one wrote:

We have the....I am better than those mentality aka Uncle Ruckus Complex......I am fine as long as he is not directly referring to me mentality.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

danfo driver wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:
bk-one wrote:

if you go to Rant and Rave, you will read that it is plantation mentality to complain about racism, and how the victims are better off in oyinboland than back at home.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Yiba
Egg
Egg

Post by Yiba »

The committee that questioned Tönnies did not find his statements as racist. It is a sad day for Schalke fans and Germany.

He was not punished or anything. He decided to step down for only 3 months!
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Yiba wrote:The committee that questioned Tönnies did not find his statements as racist. It is a sad day for Schalke fans and Germany.

That was akin to tasking a wolf with renovating a hen house.

The whole thing was nothing but a PR stunt and the sad thing is they are going to get away with it.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Yiba wrote:The committee that questioned Tönnies did not find his statements as racist. It is a sad day for Schalke fans and Germany.

With the influx of the latest batch of immigrants under the Merkel administration, a silent revolution is brewing in Germany. Make una suffry suffry o. Nazis are growing in numbers by the day. This is no coincidence that this animal uttered those words. Im not surprised
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:
bk-one wrote:

if you go to Rant and Rave, you will read that it is plantation mentality to complain about racism, and how the victims are better off in oyinboland than back at home.
The Herman Cain's of this world are all over