LIV 2 : 2 CHE (PKs:5-4) EURO SUPER CUP

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: LIV 2 : 2 CHE (PKs:5-4) EURO SUPER CUP

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

No one is talking about the equalizing PK but I’m going to make the following observation. The men’s game is simply too fast for female referees. What’s the logic behind female refs in the men’s game? Is it that there aren’t enough qualified male referees? Every time you make a purely political decision, there’s bound to be trouble eventually :!:

Cheers.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:No one is talking about the equalizing PK but I’m going to make the following observation. The men’s game is simply too fast for female referees. What’s the logic behind female refs in the men’s game? Is it that there aren’t enough qualified male referees? Every time you make a purely political decision, there’s bound to be trouble eventually :!:

Cheers.
:blink:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: LIV 2 : 2 CHE (Match Thread) EURO SUPER CUP

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:It will go into penalties and Liverpool will lose again
Yup!

See how they are being dragged around like a rag doll by a novice and small children. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:lol: :lol: We go again!
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:No one is talking about the equalizing PK but I’m going to make the following observation. The men’s game is simply too fast for female referees. What’s the logic behind female refs in the men’s game? Is it that there aren’t enough qualified male referees? Every time you make a purely political decision, there’s bound to be trouble eventually :!:

Cheers.
She got that call wrong, but many male referees have also gotten penalty calls wrong. And in this case, VAR looked at it and supported her decision. Are you saying that the men’s game is also too fast for VAR referees?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kalani JR wrote:

Cheers.
Don’t forget that after he was humiliated by a girl, Dammy, in EaglesNest, TonyTheTigerKiller is angry and as such going after every woman!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

danfo driver wrote:

Cheers.
She got that call wrong, but many male referees have also gotten penalty calls wrong. And in this case, VAR looked at it and supported her decision. Are you saying that the men’s game is also too fast for VAR referees?
They supported her decision because they did not want to humiliate her, that was no penalty. That is what happens with PC, once you go that route, you begin to bend all the rules in the name of PC. You cannot be trying to make officiating better while at the same keep shooting yourself in the foot. Let the women officiate female football, keep men out of it and for crying out Lord let the men officiate the men's game.

What next play a mixed 11? A mix of the two European female club champions with the men.... Some of these guys just meet over drinks and come up with some asinine decisions.

I have nothing against female refs, I just don't like PC.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Cheers.
I don't know why but football is the only sport where men fans act and speak so damn primitive.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I agree with you.

I was also afraid that if one of the players lost heir temper and shouted at her, people will attack the player and say he is anti-women.

Then you have the issue of yellow cards! I noticed that she was giving yellow cards for the slightest challenges. I wondered whether she was using her experience with the female game to referee this game

oloye wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Cheers.
They supported her decision because they did not want to humiliate her, that was no penalty. That is what happens with PC, once you go that route, you begin to bend all the rules in the name of PC. You cannot be trying to make officiating better while at the same keep shooting yourself in the foot. Let the women officiate female football, keep men out of it and for crying out Lord let the men officiate the men's game.

What next play a mixed 11? A mix of the two European female club champions with the men.... Some of these guys just meet over drinks and come up with some asinine decisions.

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

What a magnificent talent is Ngolo Kante! The guy has shown himself to be a beast on offense and defence. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: He was unfortunate to be on the losing side.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Chelsea looked absolutely brilliant, if they continue to play like this, why not a shot for the premiership? kante is a best in midfield, I believe Chelsea got sucker punched by united on Sunday, 5 shots on target, 4 went in, football is indeed a funny game
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

marko wrote:Chelsea looked absolutely brilliant, if they continue to play like this, why not a shot for the premiership? kante is a best in midfield, I believe Chelsea got sucker punched by united on Sunday, 5 shots on target, 4 went in, football is indeed a funny game
Exactly, 2 reasons Chelsea lost vs United.....hitting the post 2ce and no compact defensive structure
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

Cheers.
Don’t forget that after he was humiliated by a girl, Dammy, in EaglesNest, TonyTheTigerKiller is angry and as such going after every woman!
This has got to be the dumbest thing that’s ever been written on CE :!:

Cheers.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
marko wrote:Chelsea looked absolutely brilliant, if they continue to play like this, why not a shot for the premiership? kante is a best in midfield, I believe Chelsea got sucker punched by united on Sunday, 5 shots on target, 4 went in, football is indeed a funny game
Exactly, 2 reasons Chelsea lost vs United.....hitting the post 2ce and no compact defensive structure
The team Chelsea paraded yesterday, even the likes of City will struggle to beat them, but then again, football is a strange game
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Mr. Piffington wrote:

Cheers.
I don't know why but football is the only sport where men fans act and speak so damn primitive.
Congratulations on your own 2 cents. The internet does promote free speech even when you don’t know what the heck you’re talking about :!:

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

oloye wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Cheers.

Chief Oloye, it’s a good thing Liverpool went on to win the game otherwise, I can guarantee you that there would have been at least a million and one video replays of that PK call :!:

Cheers.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
oloye wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Cheers.

Chief Oloye, it’s a good thing Liverpool went on to win the game otherwise, I can guarantee you that there would have been at least a million and one video replays of that PK call :!:

Cheers.

Saw the highlights last night and I think it was no penalty. Abraham sold it.

Th irony of it. He won the penalty for the equalizer and lost the penalty to give Liver pool the win.

Equation balanced out.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

balo wrote:
oloye wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Cheers.

Cheers.

Saw the highlights last night and I think it was no penalty. Abraham sold it.

Th irony of it. He won the penalty for the equalizer and lost the penalty to give Liver pool the win.

Equation balanced out.
What was more annoying is the ref trying to be bold over what was obviously a glaring error. The more they keep trying to fix these things the more glaring it is that it is humans who are stupidly making mistakes and too arrogant to own up to it. What stops the ref from insisting on looking at the VAR why delegate that responsibility to someone else?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

danfo driver wrote:
kalani JR wrote:

Cheers.
This has got to be the dumbest thing that’s ever been written on CE :!:

Cheers.
Then it is fitting for the dumbest person ever to write on CE-- YOU! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Cheers :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
The team Chelsea paraded yesterday, even the likes of City will struggle to beat them, but then again, football is a strange game
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Am I the only one who actually knows how to analyze games here?

Let me say it upfront, Chelsea did very well yesterday.

But are people forgetting two critical issues--

1. Did you watch Liverpool in pre-season? Forget what they did to Norwich.

2. Liverpool started the game with Milner and Henderson in midfield. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote:Am I the only one who actually knows how to analyze games here?

2. Liverpool started the game with Milner and Henderson in midfield. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Most teams are still in pre-season mode, I normally wait until after labor day before i start picking my favorites..... However if Chelsea builds from yesterday's game, I see them competing and maybe sneak into the top 4... Many forget Chelsea finished 3rd last season and the differences all the way down to 6th were small... However I think pool is playing on 1st gear
They had Fabinho, Hen and Milner, they brought on Wjnaldim and Fermino in the 2nd half..so they were actually going up against mount and that useless Abrah..pool players do look fatigued though. Chelsea really pushed them back ....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:Am I the only one who actually knows how to analyze games here?

Truth be told they are few people like you may be a handful that knows how to analyze the game with no emotion.
You also know how to spot good coach or talent.I remember what your said about Mustafi why is Arsenal going for him,some people lie that Pep wanted him but he choose Arsenal when in truth no one even look at him.Today same people want him out for free.I remember CL you said Ajax will beat Real even with Real away advantage in that first leg game.

But how come Milner and Hendo playing well in Liverpool MF?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

kajifu wrote:

Truth be told they are few people like you may be a handful that knows how to analyze the game with no emotion.
You also know how to spot good coach or talent.I remember what your said about Mustafi why is Arsenal going for him,some people lie that Pep wanted him but he choose Arsenal when in truth no one even look at him.Today same people want him out for free.I remember CL you said Ajax will beat Real even with Real away advantage in that first leg game.

But how come Milner and Hendo playing well in Liverpool MF?
that one pass me :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: