Club Owner V Player

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet
Club Owner V Player

Post by Senator WIRES »

I like his gut in confronting the Chairman. :lol: :lol:
'I'm on the verge of losing everything... please leave': Bury midfielder Stephen Dawson makes incredible plea to chairman Steve Dale in heated live radio row over unpaid wagess

Bury midfielder Stephen Dawson and chairman Steve Dale had a heated row over unpaid wages on talkSPORT.

The pair were invited to speak to one another live on air to discuss the predicament that Bury are in.

The League One side have had four games suspended this season as Dale has been unable to provide proof of financial commitments.

FULL TRANSCRIPT OF DISCUSSION
STEPHEN DAWSON (Bury midfielder)

Listen, chairman. Let's cut to the chase. You haven't bothered to pay us in months.

You've constantly lied to everyone. You've not shown facts to the EFL. You haven't shown that you've got the money to sustain this club.

For months you've kept quiet. You've sacked good people at the club. You've not paid anyone in months.

I'm on the verge of losing everything. I've had to listen to what you've had to say for months.

You can try to say you've saved the club. Get your money and leave the club. Or otherwise, this club is no more.

STEVEN DALE (Bury owner)

Ask Mr Dawson: did he receive, from the beginning, 50 per cent of his wages?

DAWSON

Excuse me, 50 per cent from who? We've had to...

DALE

Have the PFA paid you, up to the CVA, 50 per cent of your wages? Yes or no?

DAWSON

They paid us two months' wages.

DALE

No, they paid you four months.

DAWSON

Steve, I'm not going to row.

DALE

Just answer: yes or no.

DAWSON

We've received two months off the PFA, which is a loan. You have paid me once in six months. I do not lie.

DALE

Let's get to the chase here. The PFA paid, on my request, that I would repay the money to them, which we've agreed. It's been agreed and signed. (You've had) 50 per cent of your wages every month since the catastrophe started.

Is that right or is that wrong?

DAWSON

Lies.

DALE

Sorry?

DAWSON

Lies.

He's got no money.

DALE

There's no requirement to throw money at them (today). It's been agreed in the CVA to take all the players and we've agreed with the PFA to completely pay the players up within the CVA. That has been dealt with.

DAWSON

(exasperated grown) It's lies.

DALE (addressing host Jim White)

Jim, you arrange for me to meet Simon Jordan and I'll give him all the proof to back up what I'm saying. I'm not getting into slanging matches.

JIM WHITE

Is it not true that Simon Jordan asked you to show him your evidence of proof of funds and you've still to do that?

DAWSON

He can't do it.

DALE

Look, you've got a man on the line who's just like the people online who just keep saying the same stuff over and over.

WHITE

Give the players and fans some hope here. You're still the owner.

DALE

I'm fully aware of that. By saving the club from bankruptcy from Stewart Day's era, all I've got is stick.

I tell you something, it's no wonder chairmen walk away from clubs.

MARTIN KEOWN

Steve, can I just ask. I'm just looking for a solution now. Is it not in the best interests if you step aside?

Do you own the land the ground sits on? Are you holding onto that for any reason? Are you hoping this club dies a death so you can sweep up and sell the land?

DALE

What a stupid remark. Can you hear yourself? Oh yeah, there really is (a financial benefit) - making a fortune out of it!

WHITE

Stephen Dawson has come on, he's a desperate man struggling to feed his family.

DALE

Do you truly believe that remark? That Mr Dawson is struggling to feed his family and getting thrown out of his house.

WHITE

I believe he's in financial crisis.

DALE

Everything with you guys is blow it to the maximum. Mr Dawson is not going to get thrown out of his house.

He can feed his family.

DAWSON

That sums up everything. It sums up the man and human being he is. How does he know that I'm not getting kicked out?

DALE

They are allegations by you.

DAWSON

If I lose my job next week then my house is gone. Simple. He's just told lies for six months.

He doesn't pay anyone. If he has the chance to sell I'm begging him.

DALE

Ask Mr Dawson, was he paid last month in full by me. Since the CVA, have I paid you every month?

DAWSON

Lies. And I can prove it.

DALE

No, I said to you: since the CVA, have you been paid every month by me?

DAWSON

No.

DALE

The club will not close. Fact. I'm the one who's not sleeping, trying to save it from a catastrophe.

Well let's just watch this space and I'll prove it.

I'll get Jill Neville to send you a letter: she's paid that man every month since the CVA.

A lot of people will eat their words when this is sorted.
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Club Owner V Player

Post by pajimoh »

Not a good situation for all parties concerned. I wish them the best
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!