Junior Agogo: Former Ghana, Nottingham Forest... Dead at 40

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
aykwes8
Egg
Egg
Junior Agogo struggles with Speech After Stroke

Post by aykwes8 »

I'm sure Nigeria football fans remember him very well lol

his story starts at 1:13 mark
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Junior Agogo struggles with Speech After Stroke

Post by Orion »

I saw the documentary a while back. Poor dude, hope he is getting better.

It is very unusual for a young, fit, and athletic person to suffer a stroke (although it can happen on rare occasions).
Last edited by Orion on Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:?

wow i didn't know about this.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

akamoke

Post by akamoke »

I hope he comes right with therapy and rehabilitation. Rooting for you Man
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Shame on the 2 ghanamen just hearing about this...this was posted 3 years ago...shame
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

tfco wrote::?

You ought to be ashamed of yourself. I knew about this years ago. His story was on BBC Africa. All you care about is the EPL and being a nuisance on CE. I bet if Pogba lost a strand of hair, you would be the 1st to know.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

bret- hart wrote:

You ought to be ashamed of yourself. I knew about this years ago. His story was on BBC Africa. All you care about is the EPL and being a nuisance on CE. I bet if Pogba lost a strand of hair, you would be the 1st to know.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Wha choo looking at?!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
bret- hart wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:clap: :clap:

good to see he's made a full recovery

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Hope he gets much much better in Jesus name
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

tfco wrote::clap: :clap:

good to see he's made a full recovery
Shame on you
SuperEagles

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

BEST wishes...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
bret- hart wrote:

let him clarify which hair o...
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

Wonderful personality, hope he continues getting better.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

Junior Smoking and dancing..Ghanaians react :lol: :sneaky:

https://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/ ... wsource=cl
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

zee wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
bret- hart wrote:

:rotf: :lol: :rotf: :lol: :rotf: :lol: :rotf: :lol: :rotf: :lol: :rotf: :lol:
Wickedness too plenty for CE. :D I hope Agogo recovers fully.
gurrano
Egg
Egg

Post by gurrano »

My brother all I can say is that peeps should do all they can to address the risk factors for stroke so that they can give themselves a higher probability of avoiding it. I had an experience about 6 years ago where my stroke started while I was in the middle of a tennis match. I was initially in denial because like you I thought things like this could not happen to people who are in good physical condition like I was. Stupidly I played through to the end of the match and drove home first before going to the hospital as I kept telling myself that my leg not being able to move properly must be something else since I did not feel any different or have all the other stroke symptoms. Luckily for me, it was something I could recover from physically though I still have some challenges that I have found ways to cope with.

After a barrage of medical tests and all, they could not find out why I had the episode as all the results indicated that I was fine with regards to all the stroke risk factors.

The lesson I learnt from that experience is that it is better that one has done all within his/her control to limit the risk of a stroke occurring as I personally would have been really angry with myself if my episode was one that could have been avoided by having a healthier lifestyle
Orion wrote:I saw the documentary a while back. Poor dude, hope he is getting better.

It is very unusual for a young, fit, and athletic person to suffer a stroke (although it can happen on rare occasions).
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

even I knew this from my non-football fan Ghanaian friends
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Senator WIRES wrote:Junior Smoking and dancing..Ghanaians react :lol: :sneaky:

https://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/ ... wsource=cl
and so? i see nothing wrong in that video. you people and the mighty holier than thou
SuperEagles

Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

gurrano wrote:My brother all I can say is that peeps should do all they can to address the risk factors for stroke so that they can give themselves a higher probability of avoiding it. I had an experience about 6 years ago where my stroke started while I was in the middle of a tennis match. I was initially in denial because like you I thought things like this could not happen to people who are in good physical condition like I was. Stupidly I played through to the end of the match and drove home first before going to the hospital as I kept telling myself that my leg not being able to move properly must be something else since I did not feel any different or have all the other stroke symptoms. Luckily for me, it was something I could recover from physically though I still have some challenges that I have found ways to cope with.

After a barrage of medical tests and all, they could not find out why I had the episode as all the results indicated that I was fine with regards to all the stroke risk factors.

The lesson I learnt from that experience is that it is better that one has done all within his/her control to limit the risk of a stroke occurring as I personally would have been really angry with myself if my episode was one that could have been avoided by having a healthier lifestyle
Orion wrote:I saw the documentary a while back. Poor dude, hope he is getting better.

:clap: :clap: Thank you.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

zee wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
bret- hart wrote:

:bump: :laugh: :laugh: :rotf: :rotf: :laugh: :biggrin: :ohmy:
Dis wan pass GHANA MUST GO (83) U wan give us STROKE 4 hia??????

:winking: :bump:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

gurrano wrote:My brother all I can say is that peeps should do all they can to address the risk factors for stroke so that they can give themselves a higher probability of avoiding it. I had an experience about 6 years ago where my stroke started while I was in the middle of a tennis match. I was initially in denial because like you I thought things like this could not happen to people who are in good physical condition like I was. Stupidly I played through to the end of the match and drove home first before going to the hospital as I kept telling myself that my leg not being able to move properly must be something else since I did not feel any different or have all the other stroke symptoms. Luckily for me, it was something I could recover from physically though I still have some challenges that I have found ways to cope with.

All the very best, bro
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ohsee wrote:
zee wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
bret- hart wrote:

:rotf: :lol: :rotf: :lol: :rotf: :lol: :rotf: :lol: :rotf: :lol: :rotf: :lol:
Wickedness too plenty for CE. :D I hope Agogo recovers fully.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: