Lampard aims fresh dig at Mourinho - De Bruyne & Salah

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Lampard aims fresh dig at Mourinho - De Bruyne & Salah

Post by cchinukw »

Frank Lampard aims a dig at former boss Jose Mourinho for letting Kevin De Bruyne and Mohamed Salah
leave Chelsea

as he says world-class stars didn't get 'patience' from 'managers who didn't stick with them'
Frank Lampard addressed media ahead of Cheslea's clash with Southampton
He said the Blues must be patient stick with the players unlike previous years
Kevin De Bruyne and Mo Salah were sold when Jose Mourinho was in charge
By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER
PUBLISHED: 17:41, 24 December 2019 | UPDATED: 17:46, 24 December 2019

Frank Lampard appeared to make a subtle dig at former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho for allowing players like Mohamed Salah and Kevin De Bruyne to leave the club.

Both players struggled under Mourinho during their time at Stamford Bridge but have gone on to become two of the top players in the Premier League since being sold by the Blues.

Salah joined Roma for just £12m in 2016 before quickly moving on to Liverpool where he has won consecutive Golden Boots and a Premier League Player of the Season award.

Chelsea manager Frank Lampard speaks to the media during a press conference on Tuesday +5
Chelsea manager Frank Lampard speaks to the media during a press conference on Tuesday

Kevin De Bruyne is regarded as one of the best midfielders in the world +5
Mohamed Salah has become one of the stars of the Premier League +5
Lampard aims a dig at Jose Mourinho for letting Kevin De Bruyne (L) and Mo Salah (R) leave

RELATED ARTICLES
Previous
Next

'I don't know how people can think that way... Tottenham...

Tottenham ban fan who threw drink at Chelsea keeper Kepa...
SHARE THIS ARTICLE

ADVERTISING

De Bruyne also failed to establish himself at the club and left for Wolfsburg for £18m in 2014.

After shining in Germany he signed for Manchester City for £55m, where he has been one of the keys to the club's back-to-back title wins.

Speaking ahead of Chelsea's Boxing Day clash with Southampton, Lampard, who played with both players, appeared to make a comment in relation to the two players.

Salah (L) failed to establish themselves under Mourinho (R) at Stamford Bridge +5
Salah (L) failed to establish themselves under Mourinho (R) at Stamford Bridge

'If we're not patient and if we don't stick with the players, we might end up in a situation like we were before where absolute top, world-class players in this moment were at Chelsea when they were 20, 21 and managers didn't stick with them so much then,' he said.

'I'm in a position where I'm going to stick with them.'

Mourinho has previously denied he was responsible for letting Salah leave.

De Bruyne also sturggled with the Blues and was allowed to join Wolfsburg in 2014 +5

'When the club decided to sell him, it was not me,' the now Tottenham manager said in January

'I bought him, I didn't sell him, and my relationship with him was good, is good.

'I think that he doesn't regret that move because everything went well. Everything went well for him and the progression went well for him but, at that moment, he was just a kid with a huge desire to play every week, every minute and we couldn't give him it.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... leave.html
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Lampard aims fresh dig at Mourinho - De Bruyne & Salah

Post by kajifu »

He need to slow down and not get ahead of himself.Jose make him be who he is today,he could have ship him to reserved.Jose as much as I cant stand him for treating my club and our legend like small boy.Worst coching spurs,hope Danfo curse goes to him also....
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

kajifu wrote:He need to slow down and not get ahead of himself.Jose make him be who he is today,he could have ship him to reserved.Jose as much as I cant stand him for treating my club and our legend like small boy.Worst coching spurs,hope Danfo curse goes to him also....
I think he has a valid point.

Since Mourinho decided to start the mind games then let the mind games continue.

Mourinho is a very stupid man inspite of his coaching genius. Ancelotti nor dey there? Can you imagine him debasing himself and getting into a spat with one of his former players?
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

cchinukw wrote:
kajifu wrote:He need to slow down and not get ahead of himself.Jose make him be who he is today,he could have ship him to reserved.Jose as much as I cant stand him for treating my club and our legend like small boy.Worst coching spurs,hope Danfo curse goes to him also....

Since Mourinho decided to start the mind games then let the mind games continue.

Mourinho is a very stupid man inspite of his coaching genius. Ancelotti nor dey there? Can you imagine him debasing himself and getting into a spat with one of his former players?
He has a valid point when he's only a baby in his managerial career.
He's not had time to buy and sell plsyers who will eventuslky turn out to be better players in future.

He talks as if that kind of mistake is beyond him.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

pajimoh wrote: He has a valid point when he's only a baby in his managerial career.
He's not had time to buy and sell plsyers who will eventuslky turn out to be better players in future.

Well said! Lampard has kind of forgotten that playing De Bruyne would have meant sitting Frank Lampard in 2014. I wonder he would have felt about that at the time.

Hindsight is always 20-20. No body knew that Kevin or Mo would become the players they are now. This is why we should never be quick to judge anyone now or in the future.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

pajimoh wrote:
cchinukw wrote:

His point will still be valid even if he too ends up making the same mistake.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

theYemster wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
cchinukw wrote:

Well he better be prepared to throw the same stone at himself.
My point is he's taking a dig now cos he's yet to make the same mistake. Most managers who have been through that do not dig each other for that
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Typical example of how pajimoh constantly fails to analyze situations before speaking ....I keep saying it the guy is naturally not intelligent at all....smh... Jose said Lamps used conte tactics...everyone who saw the game knew Chelsea controlled the game for 98 mins limiting Kane to just one field goal...instead of Jose to blame himself, he cried about Conte ...knowing well Sarri was manager last season and lamps is an all out attacking manager using youths.... so Lamps spoke about Salah and Kevin.....

Instead of the racist apologist john pajimoh Barnes to think and speak intelligently, this weak man is talking about throwing bath water...my goodness, what are we dealing with here....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Typical example of how pajimoh constantly fails to analyze situations before speaking ....I keep saying it the guy is naturally not intelligent at all....smh... Jose said Lamps used conte tactics...everyone who saw the game knew Chelsea controlled the game for 98 mins limiting Kane to just one field goal...instead of Jose to blame himself, he cried about Conte ...knowing well Sarri was manager last season and lamps is an all out attacking manager using youths.... so Lamps spoke about Salah and Kevin.....

Instead of the racist apologist john pajimoh Barnes to think and speak intelligently, this weak man is talking about throwing bath water...my goodness, what are we dealing with here....
You just can't get your lips off my truncheon can you? Has Mikel dumped you?
You prehistoric squirrel, get off my nuts
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

theYemster wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
cchinukw wrote:

How was it a mistake? What will you now say of Roma that sold Salah or Wolsfburg that sold De Bruyne?

There is a maximum number of players to be kept on the roster so some 'GOOD' players who are not getting playing time will have to leave. As at when they were sold, no way they could have replaced those playing ahead of them.

This is like saying Ferguson made a mistake by allowing Pogba to leave!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

wanaj0 wrote:
theYemster wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
cchinukw wrote:

How was it a mistake? What will you now say of Roma that sold Salah or Wolsfburg that sold De Bruyne?

There is a maximum number of players to be kept on the roster so some 'GOOD' players who are not getting playing time will have to leave. As at when they were sold, no way they could have replaced those playing ahead of them.

This is like saying Ferguson made a mistake by allowing Pogba to leave!
Fact of the matter is players will be sold by mistake or the players themselves want s out. They will prove to be better and a mistake letting them go.
The thing is, a player might need a different environment and few things to fall in place to thrive. Maybe Salah won't be what he is today if he had stayed at Chelsea.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Oh my this pajimoh is actually really not intelligent..the bobo just keeps on exposing his poor and waste of so called education..kai ....this is just too easy
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

I...don't think it's much of a shot.