Station bans pundit Passirani for racist comment on Lukaku

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Station bans pundit Passirani for racist comment on Lukaku

Post by Bigpokey24 »

An Italian television station says it will not use one of its pundits again after he made a racist comment about Inter Milan striker Romelu Lukaku.

Speaking on TopCalcio24, Luciano Passirani said: "If you go one-on-one with him he will murder you.

"The only way to come up against him is maybe give him 10 bananas to eat..."

Programme director Fabio Ravezzani said, despite Passirani's "immediate apologies" that "he could no longer participate in our broadcasts".

Lukaku, who moved from Manchester United to Inter in the summer, helped his side to a 1-0 win against Udinese on Saturday.

"Mr Passirani is 80 years old and to compliment Lukaku he used a metaphor that turned out to be racist," added Ravezzani.

"I think it was a terrible lack of momentary lucidity.

"I cannot tolerate any kind of errors, even if momentary."

Lukaku was recently subjected to monkey chants by Cagliari fans when he scored a penalty for his side in a 2-1 victory.

Afterwards, the Belgium international said the abuse showed the game was "going backwards".
:shock:
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49713647

trust Pajimoh to ignore such
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Station bans pundit Passirani for racist comment on Luka

Post by danfo driver »

but but but,,, Gareth Bale!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

very sad i tell you, very sad ..
SuperEagles

100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

So they really think monkey chant and banana references is enough to mess with people's money? Haha...i'll chuck it up and then assault that mofucker in the most secluded (camera free location) i find him in. I will make sure i shove a banana up his mouth too, as added bonus.

I D 1 0 T!
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

100%Naija wrote:So they really think monkey chant and banana references is enough to mess with people's money? Haha...i'll chuck it up and then assault that mofucker in the most secluded (camera free location) i find him in. I will make sure i shove a banana up his mouth too, as added bonus.

I D 1 0 T!
...they play with your mind, you react, they stick with it. Now they (white people) know "monkey and banana" riles a black person.
JACKAL
Egg
Egg
GIVE LUKAKU 10 BANANAS TO STOP HIM

Post by JACKAL »

https://sports.yahoo.com/italian-tv-pun ... 52034.html

An Italian sports pundit suspended after he made a racist remark on air about Inter striker Romelu Lukaku has denied he is a racist.
Luciano Passirani made the comments on TopCalcio24 on Sunday while praising Lukaku's performances for Inter this season after the Nerazzurri earned a third win from as many Serie A games by beating Udinese 1-0.

Speaking on the Qui Studio a Voi Stadio show, Passirani started off by saying: "I don't see any other player in Italy now like Lukaku. [...] I really like him," before adding, "the only way to stop him is to say, 'Here are 10 bananas that you can eat'."
A clip was subsequently shared on social media of the incident and Passirani has now been banned from appearing on the show.
"Mr Passirani is 80 years old and to compliment Lukaku he used a metaphor that turned out to be racist," said programme director Fabio Ravezzani.
"I think it was a terrible lack of momentary lucidity. I cannot tolerate any kind of errors, even if momentary."
Passirani has now attempted to set the record straight and says he would like the opportunity to apologise in person to the Belgium international.
He told Corriere dello Sport: "I have been in the world of football for 40 years and have never received a suspension for behaviour in any of the roles I have held, but I accept the decision made against me."

But he stressed: "I would not like to pass for a racist. My partner who has lived with me for 17 years is black, I have two black granddaughters. I am not a racist and I believe I am an educated person in every respect.
"In my career I met so many black players and I never had any problems."
Lukaku made the move to Inter from Manchester United in August and has scored twice in three Serie A outings so far. He was the target of abuse in Inter's win over Cagliari at the start of September.

Monkey chants could be heard as the Belgium striker converted a penalty in the 2-1 win, with Lukaku posting on Instagram afterwards: "Football is a game to be enjoyed and we shouldn't accept any form of discrimination that will put our game in shame.
"Ladies and gentlemen it's 2019 – instead of going forwards we're going backwards."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: GIVE LUKAKU 10 BANANAS TO STOP HIM

Post by Bigpokey24 »

mods shangalo this thread to world forum, already posted there
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=297107
SuperEagles

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Merged duplicate thread with the one with the earlier time stamp.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

once again pajimoh refuses to acknowledge racist behaviours towards black players
SuperEagles

Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

'I'm not a racist... my partner is black and I have two little black granddaughters': Disgraced Italian TV pundit offers a cliched defence after being sacked for saying the only way to stop Romelu Lukaku is 'if you have 10 bananas to give him'
Disgraced Italian TV pundit Luciano Passirani, who said the only way to stop Inter Milan striker Romelu Lukaku is 'if you have 10 bananas to give to him to eat', has spoken out for the first time since being sacked.

The 80-year-old's racist comments on station TopCalcio24 were picked up globally and he was soon met with a barrage of abuse from outraged football fans.

Passirani has since spoken to broadcaster Telelombardia, as reported by Corriere dello Sport, in a bid to prove he is 'not a racist' by revealing his partner of 17 years and his two granddaughters are black.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sport ... ukaku.html
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

I hope his grand daughters are proud of his behaviour.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Lived with a black partner for 17 years? from his age, i will say stupid old man with a very old way of thinking
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

I'm surprised that he was sacked in Italy of all places.
http://www.naijiant.com/
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

cic old boy wrote:I'm surprised that he was sacked in Italy of all places.
Same here.
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:once again pajimoh refuses to acknowledge racist behaviours towards black players

But but but... Gareth Bale!

Keep waiting. This is the same boy who was caught using razor blade to pill his own skin as a child. When asked why he was doing something so disgusting, he said "I want to remove this ugly black cover." :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?