Bernardo Silva tweet condemned by Kick It Out

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Bernardo Silva tweet condemned by Kick It Out

Post by txj »

benteke wrote:
Coach wrote:On the contrary, Barnes is asking a valid point, why is it racist? What about comparing two black faces, one in infancy another a cartoon character, is racist? Is it the fact that one has stereotyped features? Before heckling Barnes, 'tis worth acknowledging the statement made, in order for it to be seen as racist, he demands to know where the FA, Kick It Out, have seen offence. A very valid point. Without knowing Silva, 'tis likely this was deliberate, but within the realms of what the two have considered banter, an arena where outrageous statements can be made an excused away as "bantz".
What about the video that Bernado posted, our Barnesey didn't venture into that one

If anything, the video further puts the tweet in the context in which it was used...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote: Well, we are focused on the incidents, while the institutional issues remains unaddressed.

Look at Danny Rose at Spurs- says he cannot wait to retire as a result of racist abuse; look at pretty much the entire Italian league, with players left to fend for themselves in what is a deep societal issue.

And we are fighting over tweets, black face and all...
That's unfair. People can and are standing up to both the deeper societal issues and the trivial.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Barnes gets himself in a twist over race. He has a tendency to absolve or play down racism...
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote:
txj wrote: Well, we are focused on the incidents, while the institutional issues remains unaddressed.

Look at Danny Rose at Spurs- says he cannot wait to retire as a result of racist abuse; look at pretty much the entire Italian league, with players left to fend for themselves in what is a deep societal issue.

That's unfair. People can and are standing up to both the deeper societal issues and the trivial.

Like who; the players fighting on their own while the focus is on tweets!

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

The YeyeMan wrote:Barnes gets himself in a twist over race. He has a tendency to absolve or play down racism...
Barnes is our pajimoh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:Barnes gets himself in a twist over race. He has a tendency to absolve or play down racism...
Barnes is our pajimoh

Damn I didn't know Barnes is such a disappointment. Was going to call him worse things but that's beyond the pale for him to say what he did in that article :curse: :curse:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

txj wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

Like who; the players fighting on their own while the focus is on tweets!
Chief, i came running to this board to see what true black brothers are saying about this case, it's a necessary discussion and if you notice, a lot of people said its just a stupid tweet while others have differing of opinions.

But most importantly, even when Lampard or Gerard were parachuted into their jobs there was appropriate so called "intelligent" discourse on this board in the direction of institutional racism.
Even when the black West Brom manager was sacked, i saw an adequate discussion on institutional racism and such bigger issues.

So i don't think it's correct foe you to say people here focus on useless tweets
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

txj wrote:
green4life wrote:
benteke wrote:
This is a classic exhibit why racism continues to be a massive problem in European football. There’s always a ‘rational’ explanation to justify or minimize the seriousness of these incidents. At the end of the day the punishment is the proverbial slap on the wrist. Barnes is a fcuuking disgrace.

Barnes is trying to place the issues in proper context, so we can have an intelligent discourse and not simply emotional outbursts.

If we are going to be successful in fighting racism, it must be based on substantive issues, not ephemerals...

What Silva did was stupid. We have no basis to be made, and should not have been a part of a private joke between two friends.

You cannot convince me that Mendy, in all his years in football, is not smart enough to see/feel racial animus, when directed at him, irrespective of the source.

Let us focus on the real issues.
Good luck trying to convince people. Intelligent discourse? Lol!
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... edium=Feed

Mendy writes letter defending Bernardo
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

marko wrote:https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... edium=Feed

Mendy writes letter defending Bernardo
He can defend as much as he likes, it was a racial tweet based on racial stereotype and Bernado will be charged and suspended.

Ignorance is no excuse
Oya back to the matter
open and close
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:
benteke wrote:
Coach wrote:On the contrary, Barnes is asking a valid point, why is it racist? What about comparing two black faces, one in infancy another a cartoon character, is racist? Is it the fact that one has stereotyped features? Before heckling Barnes, 'tis worth acknowledging the statement made, in order for it to be seen as racist, he demands to know where the FA, Kick It Out, have seen offence. A very valid point. Without knowing Silva, 'tis likely this was deliberate, but within the realms of what the two have considered banter, an arena where outrageous statements can be made an excused away as "bantz".
What about the video that Bernado posted, our Barnesey didn't venture into that one

If anything, the video further puts the tweet in the context in which it was used...
If we’re talking about the ‘naked mendy’ clip that compared mendy’s dark skin tone to his his black shirt and shorts, then I’m afraid you’ve lost the plot. When a white person makes fun of a black person’s blackness, he’d have to be daft not to understand the reason for the racial uproar. This is proverbial slippery slope deal: when does it elevate from being a benign joke to full blown racism? Do we have to wait for the monkey chants and banana peels to be certain it’s racism? Really? How about tackling the insensitivity from its root.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

John pajimoh Barnes still refuses to show face here and now we have a new racist apologist aka txj...hmmm are we gradually seeing all the racist expose themselves?
SuperEagles

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

FULL AUDIO John Barnes in heated racism debate after defending Manchester City’s Bernardo Silva over Twitter post to Benjamin Mendy

Audio:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/talksport. ... mendy/amp/

John Barnes joined talkSPORT for a candid and honest interview about his views on racism, after he defended Manchester City’s Bernando Silva over his controversial Twitter post.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

benteke wrote:FULL AUDIO John Barnes in heated racism debate after defending Manchester City’s Bernardo Silva over Twitter post to Benjamin Mendy

Audio:

John Barnes joined talkSPORT for a candid and honest interview about his views on racism, after he defended Manchester City’s Bernando Silva over his controversial Twitter post.
I always try to consider other people's opinions and be accomodating but this beggars belief. John Barnes unintentionally betrays his feelings towards dark skinned blacks and light skinned ones like himself. For him to claim there would be nothing wrong in drawing a picture of Kante with dark skin and big red lips is simply shocking. He clearly doesn't understand how hidden messages work. He then goes off on a tangent about Africans selling other Africans during slavery :sad:
Someone needs to go through his bank statement to see if he isn't receiving a monthly stipend from the KKK :curse:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Samora Machel wrote:
benteke wrote:FULL AUDIO John Barnes in heated racism debate after defending Manchester City’s Bernardo Silva over Twitter post to Benjamin Mendy

Audio:

I always try to consider other people's opinions and be accomodating but this beggars belief. John Barnes unintentionally betrays his feelings towards dark skinned blacks and light skinned ones like himself. For him to claim there would be nothing wrong in drawing a picture of Kante with dark skin and big red lips is simply shocking. He clearly doesn't understand how hidden messages work. He then goes off on a tangent about Africans selling other Africans during slavery :sad:
Someone needs to go through his bank statement to see if he isn't receiving a monthly stipend from the KKK :curse:
I heard that one when he said Africans sold others to be slaves.
John Barnes is interesting :biggrin:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:
benteke wrote:

If we’re talking about the ‘naked mendy’ clip that compared mendy’s dark skin tone to his his black shirt and shorts, then I’m afraid you’ve lost the plot. When a white person makes fun of a black person’s blackness, he’d have to be daft not to understand the reason for the racial uproar. This is proverbial slippery slope deal: when does it elevate from being a benign joke to full blown racism? Do we have to wait for the monkey chants and banana peels to be certain it’s racism? Really? How about tackling the insensitivity from its root.

Context being, privacy of the banter and acceptance of same by both parties. But once they took it out of that "closed circuit", it becomes a different thing.

Context bro. You should look it up!

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Victor Anichebe nails it.
Raheem Sterling joined his manager in defending Bernardo Silva against accusations of racism arising from his controversial tweet comparing Benjamin Mendy to a cartoon character from a Spanish advertising campaign, but their views cut little ice with the former Everton striker Victor Anichebe.
Anichebe, who was a pundit for Sky at the match, said that jokes were made in dressing rooms and that he didn’t think Silva was a racist but added: “He knows better … he’s followed by so many people. When you post something like this it opens up and invites other people to also joke about these things … that can spiral. Bernardo Silva will know he’s in the wrong now … I don’t think that he should do this and the way City have handled it I think it’s a joke … kind of saying that the media should focus on other things. No, you should correct your player not to put these things out into social media.”
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... r-anichebe
http://www.naijiant.com/
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

cic old boy wrote:Victor Anichebe nails it.
Raheem Sterling joined his manager in defending Bernardo Silva against accusations of racism arising from his controversial tweet comparing Benjamin Mendy to a cartoon character from a Spanish advertising campaign, but their views cut little ice with the former Everton striker Victor Anichebe.
Anichebe, who was a pundit for Sky at the match, said that jokes were made in dressing rooms and that he didn’t think Silva was a racist but added: “He knows better … he’s followed by so many people. When you post something like this it opens up and invites other people to also joke about these things … that can spiral. Bernardo Silva will know he’s in the wrong now … I don’t think that he should do this and the way City have handled it I think it’s a joke … kind of saying that the media should focus on other things. No, you should correct your player not to put these things out into social media.”
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... r-anichebe
is there a video of Vic's punditry
SuperEagles

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

http://www.naijiant.com/
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

cic old boy wrote:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperEagles

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Again the question being overlooked is, what is offensive about the picture? In isolation, a photo of a Malteser with a smiley face, wouldn’t be considered racist, the comparison to a black person is certainly entering dangerous territory, but...why is it deemed racist upon comparison and not before? How many were aware of this picture prior to the tweet? How many had condemned its use before Bernardo’s ill fated post?

Is it the comparison that makes it racist? Or the content of the caricature?