Bernardo Silva tweet condemned by Kick It Out

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Bernardo Silva tweet condemned by Kick It Out

Post by benteke »

kalani JR wrote:OMG please check for Pep's comments on this. Iberians just don't get it.

He said Bernado speaks 5 languages :biggrin:
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

cchinukw wrote:The totally stupid one here is Benjamin Mendy who liked the tweet.

Bloody unbelievable and a load blue blistering barnacles upon his silly brain. :curse:
I think Mbappe did too.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo called this one on pep...wow bobo is defending the racist :boo: :boo: :boo: well Pajimoh also defended Bernado silva
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49820205
It would be a "mistake" to punish Manchester City midfielder Bernardo Silva for a tweet about team-mate Benjamin Mendy, says boss Pep Guardiola.
"There are many situations with white people where a cartoon will look similar," Guardiola said. "
Guardiola said: "Bernardo is one of the most lovely people I've met in my life. He speaks four or five languages - that's the best way to understand how open-minded he is.
"One of his best friends is Mendy. He's like a brother. He took a picture of Benjamin when he was young and related it with this cartoon, quite similar for the image."
:shock:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

"One of his best friends is Mendy. He's like a brother. He took a picture of Benjamin when he was young and related it with this cartoon, quite similar for the image."
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

yaya tried to tell yall, and what did yall do? make fun of him, call him old, bitter, washed up, krazy, jealous... the list goes on.
Saints baby we did it
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Amen brother, Amen.
Saints baby we did it
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
:shock:
As I mentioned previously, I'm not surprised Pep will rationalize it that way given the normalization of racism across Europe.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

King Futcha wrote: Amen brother, Amen.
He wanted for the other players to be make racial jokes at Mendy's expense behind his back. SMH.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

[/video]

guess this is not racist either
Saints baby we did it
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

King Futcha wrote:[/video]

guess this is not racist either
Mendy is living Get Out in real life.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

I would like to look beyond this issue to comment about much deeper manifestations of racism. By that I refer to the institutional kind.

Don't get me wrong, Silva was stupid and will deservedly be punished, in some form or the other.

Then what?

But the fight against racism cannot be focused on the lowest common denominators of words, symbols, tweets, etc, when the real manifestations of the issue is much deeper.

I am tired of the uproar about words and black-faces and all. Not saying they shouldn't be condemned, but how about we reserve the biggest outrage for the deeper manifestations of this cancer....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

txj wrote:I would like to look beyond this issue to comment about much deeper manifestations of racism. By that I refer to the institutional kind.

Don't get me wrong, Silva was stupid and will deservedly be punished, in some form or the other.

Then what?

But the fight against racism cannot be focused on the lowest common denominators of words, symbols, tweets, etc, when the real manifestations of the issue is much deeper.

I am tired of the uproar about words and black-faces and all. Not saying they shouldn't be condemned, but how about we reserve the biggest outrage for the deeper manifestations of this cancer....
Like certain ex players of certain colour getting top plush jobs at the expense of other colours without any experience whatsoever! that should be the focus, they are looking for cheap scapegoats! we call them out!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The issue here is the unbound phenomenon ubiquitous throughout all of the Englands, known as banter or rather, bants. All is fair under the ever-encompassing umbrella term, where all fire is friendly, rubber pelleted and easily laughed off. Again, one will argue, not in support of Bernardo, who deserves to be punished for pushing their “banter” mainstream, but rather in criticism of the beast that is banter. One would assume Bernardo has fired from his spud gun much the same but best efforts will be made to keep this uncovered, else risk the furor of Mr Whiteman.

Is Bernardo a racist? This evidence is far from conclusive.
An
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

txj wrote:I would like to look beyond this issue to comment about much deeper manifestations of racism. By that I refer to the institutional kind.

Then what?

I ain't tired at all. If it was a Jewish or LGBT target, there'd be hell to pay. Heck, it might even have meant an end to his professional career.

Mendy is a young black player and he is being subjected to public harassment. It should not just elicit an uproar. It's an outrage!
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

cchinukw wrote:

Then what?

I ain't tired at all. If it was a Jewish or LGBT target, there'd be hell to pay. Heck, it might even have meant an end to his professional career.
But this sort of link to what he's saying, everyone is always focused and outraged by the incidents rather the problem itself.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

kalani JR wrote:
cchinukw wrote:

Then what?

But this sort of link to what he's saying, everyone is always focused and outraged by the incidents rather the problem itself.
Institutionally speaking we already have Kick it Out as one strategy to tackle the problem. So an incidence like this is a welcome opportunity to test the effect of it's campaigning.

Shrugging off incidents like this further deepens the problem and does nothing to address it.

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

kalani JR wrote:
cchinukw wrote:

Then what?

how do we focus on the problem itself without focusing on the incidents?
Saints baby we did it
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Danfo is right about how silent blacks are and if it was about t heir massa they will be here defending oyibo.

EPL should ban him for the rest of the season nonsense.10 games and 100k fine.Also ban his coach and deduct City 5 points.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

King Futcha wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
cchinukw wrote:

Then what?

Kick Out is an organisation set up to focus on the problem strategically. Notwithstanding, each time there is an incident, it is an opportunity like the organisation has done, to engage with the football family and also flex some legal muscle.

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

King Futcha wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
cchinukw wrote:

Then what?

Not saying there shouldn't be a focus on the incident but I think the overall conversation has been besieged and prejudiced by club and footballing loyalties. Look at what people are posting here for instance (self included).

I think Bernando should be fined, maybe Pep too, but more importantly he should be given a lecture about the harmfulness of those stereotypes, it is extremely likely he didn't see the offensiveness in it. He obviously felt he was having regular banter with his boy as they usually do then brought up a cartoon that presented a clearly offensive caricature.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

The lowdown on Kick it Out!

History

Since Kick It Out’s inception in 1993, huge progress has been made in tackling all forms of discrimination.

Scroll through the timeline below to gain an insight into the key role the organisation has played in promoting equality and inclusion in football for 25 years.

About Us

Kick It Out is English football’s equality and inclusion organisation.

Working throughout the football, educational and community sectors to challenge discrimination, encourage inclusive practices and campaign for positive change, Kick It Out is at the heart of the fight against discrimination for everyone who plays, watches or works in football.

A small independent charity, the ‘Let’s Kick Racism Out of Football’ campaign was established in 1993 in response to widespread calls from clubs, players and fans to tackle racist attitudes existing within the game. Kick It Out was then established as a body in 1997 as it widened out its objectives to cover all aspects of discrimination, inequality and exclusion.

Internationally, Kick It Out has close links to FARE Network, and has been cited as an example of good practice by the Council of Europe, the European Commission, European parliamentarians and the British Council.

Aims and Objectives

Kick It Out is primarily a campaigning organisation which enables, facilitates and works with the football authorities, professional clubs, players, fans and communities to tackle all forms of discrimination.

The campaign has been pivotal in persuading and supporting the game’s stakeholders to take their equality responsibilities seriously.

VISION
Our Vision is that football will be a sport where people flourish in a supportive community, and where fairness is openly and transparently practised and enforced for the good of all participants.

CORE AIMS
Promote awareness of the benefits of equality, inclusion, diversity policies and practices in football.

Expose and challenge all aspects of discrimination and unfair practices and conduct at all levels of football.

Share information about good practices being pursued to achieve equality and fair outcomes.

Support individuals, groups, clubs, and authorities to effect actions themselves to achieve equality and fair outcomes.

Develop a wider awareness and acceptance of Kick It Out’s activities and its enabling and facilitating roles as a contributory force for good in football.

STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES
To significantly increase the awareness of inclusion and diversity, and the consequences of inappropriate behaviour across all levels of football (the voice of ethical football).

To actively share good practice, critical actions, and partnership working to empower and support football organisations to develop their own responsibility towards greater equity and fairness.

To clearly show the importance of exposing inequalities and the positive value and impact that can be made through collective preventative action.

In November 2017, Kick It Out published a landmark report entitled, ‘Football in pursuit of equality, inclusion and cohesion’ , calling on the whole of football to seize the power and popularity of the game to drive discrimination, exclusion, prejudice and hatred out.

The report, which can be read by clicking the link above, sets out a range of actions for the football authorities to add impetus to the progressive work currently being undertaken.

https://www.kickitout.org

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

King Futcha wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
cchinukw wrote:

Then what?

Well, we are focused on the incidents, while the institutional issues remains unaddressed.

Look at Danny Rose at Spurs- says he cannot wait to retire as a result of racist abuse; look at pretty much the entire Italian league, with players left to fend for themselves in what is a deep societal issue.

And we are fighting over tweets, black face and all...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp