Tammy Abraham To Accept England Call

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Tammy Abraham To Accept England Call

Post by Bigpokey24 »

why is the pathetic buhari in south Africa? answer lolly muhamed? to embezzle funds ? when last did the corrupt fraud pay salaries to civil servants, 6 years as president , and the naira is worthless
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Lolly wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: England internationals :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
SuperEagles

Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

I'm so glad that's over and done with :clap: no more bickering from those that think "he's worth fighting for" and no more pathetic fantasy Super Eagles squads with his name attached!
Nigerians are too indescret to pull such a thing off,the NFF should warn them that once the media gets involved they'll show no more interest!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Lolly wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: England internationals :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
While shameless Nigerians have his thread on Eagles Nest, the guy just told you how "proud" he is to play for his father land. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Eaglezbeak wrote:I'm so glad that's over and done with :clap: no more bickering from those that think "he's worth fighting for" and no more pathetic fantasy Super Eagles squads with his name attached!
Nigerians are too indescret to pull such a thing off,the NFF should warn them that once the media gets involved they'll show no more interest!
It was Pinnick who went blabbing to the media about Abraham definitely playing for Nigeria. :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Tammy Abraham says he is English and proud

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

He is not Nigerian. A Nigerian was unfortunately a sperm donor.

6:49 AM - 3 Oct 2019

people are going gaga :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
SuperEagles

DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

In all truth, Tammy played a dirty game here. He knew he always wanted an England shirt and forced the hand of the England coach to invite him by "flirting" with the idea of playing for Naija. Something he probably never had intention of doing. That is low. For this reason alone I have scant regard for him. He should just come out and say he wants to play for England rather than resorting to cheap blackmail.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

He got his wish!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:I'm so glad that's over and done with :clap: no more bickering from those that think "he's worth fighting for" and no more pathetic fantasy Super Eagles squads with his name attached!
It was Pinnick who went blabbing to the media about Abraham definitely playing for Nigeria. :lol:
:rotf: He thought Nepotism was going wheel him in!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

kalani JR wrote:Maybe we need to understand how being of multiple cultures works in the modern world and realize just because they have Nigerian last names does not mean Nigeria owns them.
Maybe WE, Nigerians (Fans and the NFF) need to understand how multiple cultures work and formulate a strategy.

Our arrogance as fans doesn't help.

The Rules
First the rules states some of these boys can play for multiple nations. So the rule doesn't exempt us from going after any player that qualifies to play for us regardless of where they were born. It recognises their origin input as much as their upbringing input.
We seem to exempt ourselves with "He's ajebutter" statement or Nigeria did not train him. We can't even use the rules that are in our favour to fight for what we could possibly get.

It's Abraham Today...
I know some thinks he's not worth fighting for but if you're used to losing to England all the time, when the one worth fighting for comes along, you think the outcome will be different?

A Strategy is Required
We must admit that living your life in a country like England and their setup will be an attraction to the likes of Abraham. Those who are expecting him to profess his love for Nigeria without question are not in his shoes while some understand the power and the difficulty of ignoring what you know for the unknown.
Nigeria need to court these players before they blow up and it has to be done discreetly, not in the glare of the public and fanfare announcements and relying on family ties only.

There has to be a culture of how "cool" it is to be a Super Eagle. The NFF, as an organisation, does not instil confidence in some of us to sell the SE as a viable alternative to other national teams with their administrative lapses.
I remember a player that decided to suit up for us, a Dutch based player I think and our coach could not even give him a few minutes playing time in a Grade A match to seal his eligibility for us. Had the dutch decided they need him and given him a grade A appearance, that would have been it.
I do admit now, maybe we are learning and some players are slowly being courted off camera and off the tabloid page.

The next BIG one
We need to start identifying potential SE players but first we must decide whether SE players mean ONLY those born, bred and play in Nigeria (ignoring the rule that states we can approach any one of Nigerian origin) or ANY Nigerian regardless of where they were born.

We need to start making overtures from their academy time and letting them know we care and see a future for them in the SE.

We should also be prepared for those who might say no to start with. It's a tough decision some of us might not appreciate.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

This Englishman's post is still on Eagles Nest. :lol: :lol: :lol: Nigerians are truly shameless :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

pajimoh wrote:
The next BIG one
We need to start identifying potential SE players but first we must decide whether SE players mean ONLY those born, bred and play in Nigeria (ignoring the rule that states we can approach any one of Nigerian origin) or ANY Nigerian regardless of where they were born.

We need to start making overtures from their academy time and letting them know we care and see a future for them in the SE.

We should also be prepared for those who might say no to start with. It's a tough decision some of us might not appreciate.
pajimoh, The Nigerian football fan will welcome any Nigerian player regardless of their place of birth. However, the first start is to respect yourself, have pride ( not proud) in yourself and develop yourself, the yourself here means your (League and HB players). That´s from it starts from.

We have an NFF leadership (Pinnick) who vision of SE is players of does not include or involve HB players. We have SE coach who comes into the country 4-5 days before a match, after the match is back to his base. Recently, I queried why Rohr is not in charge of the CHAN team (I was derided for making such a comment). Any attempts to even talk about HB players is shut down with mocking comments on CE.

Like I always point out those to all Pinnick enablers on SE. The two occasions, I witness SE win the Nations Cup and perform well in the WC. The foundation for that success was an internal investment and giving those internal investment, external exposure (we all remember Keshi Home Eagles Programme, how he was derided for playing against Niger et al). This is Azubuike Egwuekwe

How do you reflect on those ‘special moments’?

Yeah, when I sit down and think about the days I spent in the national team, I always give thanks to God for using somebody like (the late) Stephen Keshi to encourage me and other players still in the local league then. That’s no longer the situation now and I’m not happy about that because the present national team [coaches] don’t encourage our players in the local league.

Truth is, there are more quality players in the local league than in some of those leagues in Europe. But if you don’t give them chance in the national team, how would you know that they are good? That was a ‘war’ Keshi fought because he believed in the home grown players and we never disappointed.

It’s not that I’m criticising the present national team handlers, but I’m only trying to let them know that there are a lot of good and quality players in the local league that could be given opportunities in the national team.

During our time, you could notice that for each Nations Cup, there were always about six players from the local league in the Super Eagles’ final squad for the tournament.

There were about five local league players making the Super Eagles final squad to the World Cup and about eight home-based players making the Eagles team to the (FIFA) Confederations Cup, and we always did very well in each of the tournaments.

We [the home-based players] always gave good account of ourselves and from there some got offers to move to Europe. The current home-based players should be given that kind of opportunity to prove themselves.

When you heard about Keshi’s death, how did you receive the news? What was your reaction?

It was the most shocking news I’ve ever heard. I was terribly devastated because Keshi was like a father to me. He always encouraged me, always giving me the chance to prove myself. Even when I wasn’t playing well, he would keep on shouting at me to do the right things I was supposed to do on the pitch as a professional.

Honestly, speaking, Keshi was like a ‘God sent Angel’ to me. Not just only me, but all of us then playing in the local league. I pray Nigeria gets another ‘Keshi’ again in the national team that can encourage the home-based players too because we have the quality and potential.
Players will always accept or reject the call to play for SE. Acting desperate and focusing all your attentions on academy abroad will most likely increase your rejection rate.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
goke313
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by goke313 »

pajimoh wrote:
kalani JR wrote:Maybe we need to understand how being of multiple cultures works in the modern world and realize just because they have Nigerian last names does not mean Nigeria owns them.
Maybe WE, Nigerians (Fans and the NFF) need to understand how multiple cultures work and formulate a strategy.

Our arrogance as fans doesn't help.

The Rules
First the rules states some of these boys can play for multiple nations. So the rule doesn't exempt us from going after any player that qualifies to play for us regardless of where they were born. It recognises their origin input as much as their upbringing input.
We seem to exempt ourselves with "He's ajebutter" statement or Nigeria did not train him. We can't even use the rules that are in our favour to fight for what we could possibly get.

It's Abraham Today...
I know some thinks he's not worth fighting for but if you're used to losing to England all the time, when the one worth fighting for comes along, you think the outcome will be different?

A Strategy is Required
We must admit that living your life in a country like England and their setup will be an attraction to the likes of Abraham. Those who are expecting him to profess his love for Nigeria without question are not in his shoes while some understand the power and the difficulty of ignoring what you know for the unknown.
Nigeria need to court these players before they blow up and it has to be done discreetly, not in the glare of the public and fanfare announcements and relying on family ties only.

There has to be a culture of how "cool" it is to be a Super Eagle. The NFF, as an organisation, does not instil confidence in some of us to sell the SE as a viable alternative to other national teams with their administrative lapses.
I remember a player that decided to suit up for us, a Dutch based player I think and our coach could not even give him a few minutes playing time in a Grade A match to seal his eligibility for us. Had the dutch decided they need him and given him a grade A appearance, that would have been it.
I do admit now, maybe we are learning and some players are slowly being courted off camera and off the tabloid page.

The next BIG one

100% agree.....there are no tangible incentives to play for SE
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This thread has 11 pages on a forum section devoted for super eagles...whereas the real super eagles players like Osimhen as well as a former SE player who died this week, is being ignored....talk about charity beginning at home...kai :rotf: pure shame ...this is so funny...when tammy sings god save the queen, we go see how funny this will look some more :rotf:
SuperEagles

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Fabio, nothing I've said removed the need to have pride in one self. You're introducing arguement points. I am not saying we should concentrate on foreign academy players either.
However Nigerians are globe trotters and you cannot ignore Nigerians abroad. A team is as good as its scouting network. Even in Nigeria if your scouting network is bad then you'll miss some gems.
We want NFF to develop players, well up to a point they can, with their age related programmes. We must however admit, clubs do player development better than any FA, even in Germany, England, Brazil etc.
What we need our FA to do is act in a professional manner and make the SE marketable both on and off the field.
We are fond of divisive debate about players abroad and players at home.
Enjoy the best of both worlds

fabio wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
The next BIG one

pajimoh, The Nigerian football fan will welcome any Nigerian player regardless of their place of birth. However, the first start is to respect yourself, have pride ( not proud) in yourself and develop yourself, the yourself here means your (League and HB players). That´s from it starts from.

We have an NFF leadership (Pinnick) who vision of SE is players of does not include or involve HB players. We have SE coach who comes into the country 4-5 days before a match, after the match is back to his base. Recently, I queried why Rohr is not in charge of the CHAN team (I was derided for making such a comment). Any attempts to even talk about HB players is shut down with mocking comments on CE.

Like I always point out those to all Pinnick enablers on SE. The two occasions, I witness SE win the Nations Cup and perform well in the WC. The foundation for that success was an internal investment and giving those internal investment, external exposure (we all remember Keshi Home Eagles Programme, how he was derided for playing against Niger et al). This is Azubuike Egwuekwe

How do you reflect on those ‘special moments’?

Yeah, when I sit down and think about the days I spent in the national team, I always give thanks to God for using somebody like (the late) Stephen Keshi to encourage me and other players still in the local league then. That’s no longer the situation now and I’m not happy about that because the present national team [coaches] don’t encourage our players in the local league.

Truth is, there are more quality players in the local league than in some of those leagues in Europe. But if you don’t give them chance in the national team, how would you know that they are good? That was a ‘war’ Keshi fought because he believed in the home grown players and we never disappointed.

It’s not that I’m criticising the present national team handlers, but I’m only trying to let them know that there are a lot of good and quality players in the local league that could be given opportunities in the national team.

During our time, you could notice that for each Nations Cup, there were always about six players from the local league in the Super Eagles’ final squad for the tournament.

There were about five local league players making the Super Eagles final squad to the World Cup and about eight home-based players making the Eagles team to the (FIFA) Confederations Cup, and we always did very well in each of the tournaments.

We [the home-based players] always gave good account of ourselves and from there some got offers to move to Europe. The current home-based players should be given that kind of opportunity to prove themselves.

When you heard about Keshi’s death, how did you receive the news? What was your reaction?

It was the most shocking news I’ve ever heard. I was terribly devastated because Keshi was like a father to me. He always encouraged me, always giving me the chance to prove myself. Even when I wasn’t playing well, he would keep on shouting at me to do the right things I was supposed to do on the pitch as a professional.

Honestly, speaking, Keshi was like a ‘God sent Angel’ to me. Not just only me, but all of us then playing in the local league. I pray Nigeria gets another ‘Keshi’ again in the national team that can encourage the home-based players too because we have the quality and potential.
Players will always accept or reject the call to play for SE. Acting desperate and focusing all your attentions on academy abroad will most likely increase your rejection rate.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

We should focus on SE players on CE. Players like Osimhen, Umar, Awoniyi, Olayinka and etc. His parents maybe Nigerians, but he has now chosen to be an English player. Abraham won't be benching Kane or Vardy or Rashford anytime soon. Respect his decision,good luck to him. Won't support him, but good luck to him.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

I'm curious for those of your who have foreign born kids, who may even be mixed yet another nationality depending on your partner's background. Assuming they become sporting prodigies would you accept that they may not choose Nigeria or consider that the choice may not be as automatic for them as it is for you, seeing as their experience with Nigeria may be limited?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

ohenhen1 wrote:We should focus on SE players on CE. Players like Osimhen, Umar, Awoniyi, Olayinka and etc. His parents maybe Nigerians, but he has now chosen to be an English player. Abraham won't be benching Kane or Vardy or Rashford anytime soon. Respect his decision,good luck to him. Won't support him, but good luck to him.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: i think this thread should be moved to world forum , so we can discuss about the SE
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kalani JR wrote:I'm curious for those of your who have foreign born kids, who may even be mixed yet another nationality depending on your partner's background. Assuming they become sporting prodigies would you accept that they may not choose Nigeria or consider that the choice may not be as automatic for them as it is for you, seeing as their experience with Nigeria may be limited?
google 85 to Africa, then learn how foreign Nigerians pick the right choice.... well you be cameroonian so e no matter
SuperEagles

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

ohenhen1 wrote:We should focus on SE players on CE. Players like Osimhen, Umar, Awoniyi, Olayinka and etc. His parents maybe Nigerians, but he has now chosen to be an English player. Abraham won't be benching Kane or Vardy or Rashford anytime soon. Respect his decision,good luck to him. Won't support him, but good luck to him.
This discussion goes beyond Tammy. Before Tammy we had the same discussion and surely after him.......
Unless Tammy excells more than those you've mentioned then his international career will be a very limited one.
Nigeria has had succeses and failures whenbit comes to attracting foreign born Nigerians to the SE. What should be our policy and how do we go about it?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Damunk wrote:
bret- hart wrote:Abraham and Tomori are full of crap. If England calls them up to warm the bench they will honor the invite. Let them play for England jare.
You are obviously very very pained by this whole ordeal.
Why is that?
Relax.
Da'az fu'boll :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

On the contrary I am glad this crap is over. I wish them all the best however the way they both went about this was distasteful. If they had no desire to play for Nigeria, the best thing to do would be to decline the offer as soon as they were approached. I would have more respect for them if they did that instead of pretending they were considering playing for Nigeria. They obviously did this to force Southgate's hand.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.