Tammy Abraham To Accept England Call

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Re: TAMMY ABRAHAM: Update on Nigeria's Chase.....

Post by Rawlings »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The boy is making a big mistake! He's not gonna make SE With all the players ahead of him already. He can however make the England wc team if he starts banging goals ahead of the wc. Harry Kane is the only big striker they have that is way better than him.

However, he would be a great addition to the new SE after the wc, like they say "if we qualify ".
He will easily make the SE starting 11, unless you want Naija strikeforce to be made up of Benchwarmers & Chinese implants :winking:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

ALL ELIGIBLE TO PLAY FOR NIGERIA ARE WELCOME, BUT...

...I'm concerned these "successes" would result in the NFA abandoning the need to develop local players and outsource this effort to foreign leagues. In the long run this cannot be sustained.
Bell
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Bell wrote:ALL ELIGIBLE TO PLAY FOR NIGERIA ARE WELCOME, BUT...

...I'm concerned these "successes" would result in the NFA abandoning the need to develop local players and outsource this effort to foreign leagues. In the long run this cannot be sustained.
Bell
The NFF would probably argue that they now have a U15 league for all the clubs in the NPFL as well as NPFL U19s participating in the NLO.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Bell
The NFF is developing local players, how? As soon as the first overseas opp comes along, the players flee our shores. The question is, and should always be: which sufficiently-good player, qualified to play for Nigeria, is happy to don the GWG?
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Bell
All our best talent leave the shores anyway, it's always just a matter of time. Now players are being poached right from the academies. Unfortunately until wages are comparable and the standard of the league improves, this trend will continue. So in a way sourcing from overseas is sustainable in the long run..
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Polly wrote:

Bell
The NFF is developing local players, how? As soon as the first overseas opp comes along, the players flee our shores. The question is, and should always be: which sufficiently-good player, qualified to play for Nigeria, is happy to don the GWG?
The issue is over rated. How many players in the Brazilian national team play in their local league? France has been using players from its colonies for decades from Tigana to Zidane. Nigeria is just catching up on the trend. Anyone good enough whether born in Nigeria or of Nigerian descent qualifies..As far as the local boys are given a fair chance to compete.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

We should go after Tammy aggressively.

He is a better prospect that Sadiq Umar, and we have a much better chance of getting him than Solanke.

Here is my analysis of the 6 Nigerians in England's U-20 WC winning side, as far as the SE is concerned.

1) Fikayo Tomori - We should go after him most aggressively. Can compete to be in the final 23 to Russia.

2) Ovie Ejaria - The SE midfield is loaded, and he may not make it to Russia based on options, but he is a long term prospect, and should be tracked.

3) Josh Onomah - Same with Ejaria, even though I rate Ejaria higher.

4) Seyi Ojo - Needs to raise his game a few notches to have a senior level international career with any country. A southpaw with pace is never a bad thing, but he'll need to add maturity and intelligence to his game. He has too much of 'Isaac Success' going on.

5) Dominic Solanke - No need to pursue. It will be a fruitless effort. His heart and mind are with England and it will be tough to convince him otherwise with the Liverpool move. He also does not brong any qualities we don't have in abundance elsewhere.

6) Ademola Lookman: His best option is with Nigeria, but he is drinking the English media cool aid at the moment and it will be be tough to even get him to look our way. Sadly we have seen this happen before, and he seems destined for a few meaningless caps for England.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

truetalk, True talk! :lol: :thumbs: :thumbs:
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Damunk wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:But for the profile of the EPL, I am not sure Tammy Abraham is an upgrade on Sadiq Umar. I am surprised Rohr has not gone back to look at that Olympics 2016 bronze-winning squad in Brazil. Against Japan, for example, Sadiq was unplayable.
Sadiq too is a 'potential' but not ahead of Tammy. At best I'd say theyre at par. Though I believe Tammy is physically stronger and can stay on his feet in the face of a heavy challenge, unlike Sadiq.
But nuthin spoil. They're players of the future and should only get better.
But Tammy needs to be locked down.
lol You couldn't be more wrong.
Just wondering if you have actually watched Abraham play
I have. I can tell you the exact opposite of what you wrote is true
Umar is far stronger and far more robust in the face of a heavy challenge.
Overall he is a better player than Abraham
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

European culture has been embedded into Africans DNA that's why most of our African countries are still suffering from colonial mentality. If sadiq umar was an English born player I am confident that he would had been called up or considered ahead of Tammy Abraham
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

john12 wrote:European culture has been embedded into Africans DNA that's why most of our African countries are still suffering from colonial mentality. If sadiq umar was an English born player I am confident that he would had been called up or considered ahead of Tammy Abraham
:agree: :agree:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

john12 wrote:European culture has been embedded into Africans DNA that's why most of our African countries are still suffering from colonial mentality. If sadiq umar was an English born player I am confident that he would had been called up or considered ahead of Tammy Abraham
Don't mind dem. Some of them even went to school there and came out with a colomentality degree. Now they want us to believe he's better than sadiq. :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Don't mind dem. Some of them even went to school there and came out with a colomentality degree. Now they want us to believe he's better than sadiq. :roll:
How is Sadiq form recently or folks are just going by last Olympics form..Also these England born obsession is solely because you can only comment on what see and have access to regularly . The exposure and coverage of the English league is far greater than Italy .it's natural that Tammy will have a edge. Sadiq must just double his effort or move to a club in England or Spain
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

The more the merrier. Someone mentioned Solanke, he seems to want to play for England, I think he will be a beast.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

smartbrother wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:But for the profile of the EPL, I am not sure Tammy Abraham is an upgrade on Sadiq Umar. I am surprised Rohr has not gone back to look at that Olympics 2016 bronze-winning squad in Brazil. Against Japan, for example, Sadiq was unplayable.
Sadiq too is a 'potential' but not ahead of Tammy. At best I'd say theyre at par. Though I believe Tammy is physically stronger and can stay on his feet in the face of a heavy challenge, unlike Sadiq.
Then he must have bulked up recently.
It was quite frustrating watching him getting knocked over so easily like a featherweight at the Olympics last year, despite his goals.
He's a bit older now and hopefully stronger.
But is he getting top flight games?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Rawlings wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:The boy is making a big mistake! He's not gonna make SE With all the players ahead of him already. He can however make the England wc team if he starts banging goals ahead of the wc. Harry Kane is the only big striker they have that is way better than him.

However, he would be a great addition to the new SE after the wc, like they say "if we qualify ".
He will easily make the SE starting 11, unless you want Naija strikeforce to be made up of Benchwarmers & Chinese implants :winking:
Benchwarmers and Chinese implants that have outscored the Almighty midgets..... Talk true would you take 11 dwarves over Chinese?
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

truetalk wrote:We should go after Tammy aggressively.

He is a better prospect that Sadiq Umar, and we have a much better chance of getting him than Solanke.

Here is my analysis of the 6 Nigerians in England's U-20 WC winning side, as far as the SE is concerned.

1) Fikayo Tomori - We should go after him most aggressively. Can compete to be in the final 23 to Russia.

Good player :agree:

2) Ovie Ejaria - The SE midfield is loaded, and he may not make it to Russia based on options, but he is a long term prospect, and should be tracked.

Not convinced he will be able to survive in the aggressive terrain of African Football. He is a very skilful tidy footballer but not aggressive and quick enough. I think he needed to have gone on loan this season to toughen him up

3) Josh Onomah - Same with Ejaria, even though I rate Ejaria higher.

Good player but wont be any more than a squad player.

4) Seyi Ojo - Needs to raise his game a few notches to have a senior level international career with any country. A southpaw with pace is never a bad thing, but he'll need to add maturity and intelligence to his game. He has too much of 'Isaac Success' going on.

The enigma... This boy is incredibly talented but again like Ejaria he is too laid back. This is what is frustrating Jurgen Klopp as well. He needs to have a breakout season this year or his Liverpool career may be over.

5) Dominic Solanke - No need to pursue. It will be a fruitless effort. His heart and mind are with England and it will be tough to convince him otherwise with the Liverpool move. He also does not brong any qualities we don't have in abundance elsewhere.

Might be a fruitless effort but I completely disagree that he doesn't have qualities we can utilize. Mark my words he will be a regular player for Liverpool in the next couple of seasons.

6) Ademola Lookman: His best option is with Nigeria, but he is drinking the English media cool aid at the moment and it will be be tough to even get him to look our way. Sadly we have seen this happen before, and he seems destined for a few meaningless caps for England.

Very Very good player. Has already turned down Nigeria but could be convinced. Will be an excellent addition to the squad.
For all these guys if Nigeria go to Russia and perform very well it just may sway their thinking as long as we can maintain or improve the level of Administrative and tactical competence we are currently displaying.
YNWA
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Damunk wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Then he must have bulked up recently.
It was quite frustrating watching him getting knocked over so easily like a featherweight at the Olympics last year, despite his goals.
He's a bit older now and hopefully stronger.
But is he getting top flight games?
I really cant understand how people can say one player is better than another when one of them has been seen on the field of play for yonks? Football is not just about skill. its about Form, Fitness (mental and Physical) and confidence. Without the first two, you wont have the latter.
YNWA
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...seems everytime I visit EN na dis Tammy kid dem dey hype again. Well, we wait until one screw up and then usual Nigerian arm-chair coaches go descend on him with 'useless' tag.
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

YNWA
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

It will be a major coup if Nigeria pull off this steal under the noses of the English FA...

Right now it's all down to what assurances both FA's can make to the player. He'll probably wait until after the Zambia game before making a commitment. As a Chelsea player, Victor Moses will play a significant role in influencing his decision. They speak the same lingo and he has already been to a WC to ginger him with the experience.

Rohr is all about building depth and for the future. If we have a great WC, we need a team that will sustain the momentum. This is where the likes of Tammy, Osimhen, Onyekuru, Bazee, Ebuehi, Iwobi, Ndidi take over. By then, they will already be part of the fabric on the team.