Tammy Abraham To Accept England Call

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
ogasir
Egg
Egg
Re: TAMMY ABRAHAM: Update on Nigeria's Chase.....

Post by ogasir »

Abeg mek dem leave Father Abraham alone. The guy would rather play youth football for the English National team than play for the SE
IN SUPER EAGLES WE TRUST
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Otitokoro wrote:Let me get this straight...
Someone, who was top scorer in the English Championship last season, played in the FIFA WC U20 final and was a winner and who is currently a regular starter for a premiership club (and scoring) cannot make the top 30 of a team whose only striker plays in China??
Sure.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:If we're to be truly fair and objective i don't see how Abraham even makes a list of 30 players invited to camp to follow fight for a shirt as of today. Maybe next yr or after the wc he might but I doubt it. Good catch if all we want is potential .

Getting Udohkai or Torunarigha would be real big deals, until then pinnick has only gotten him s buddy's son to commit to Nigeria.
Otitokoro,

While I believe Abraham can make Nigeria's Top 30, the stuff you mentioned above is not a justification for making top 30 for SE. If they were, why has Sadiq Umar not gotten a call up? After all, Sadiq has played in Serie A for Roma and Bologna and won Olympic Medal with the U23. How about Onuachu, etc. The fact is that Abraham has to show what he has in camp and those club accolades mean diddly until he outclasses his competition in camp. We had Ebuehi hyped here. He got to camp and has not yet outplayed a guy playing in Cyprus.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Pinnick's PR woes continues. The maga went and opened his mouth after a paddy paddy session with what amounts to a family friend. He should know better than this kind of okada PR approach. His credibility just went down the tubes. Imagine how much trust future prospect will place in their dealings with this pot bellied hustler.
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Kongi I don't believe that pin nick was lying. The same situation happened with ola aina. I believe that tommy wants to play at the World Cup but doesn't want to totally give up on England. His probably undecided at the moment
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

john12 wrote:Kongi I don't believe that pin nick was lying. The same situation happened with ola aina. I believe that tommy wants to play at the World Cup but doesn't want to totally give up on England. His probably undecided at the moment
Aina never backtrack did he?
OCCUPY NFF!!
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Pinnick's PR woes continues. The mags went and opened his mouth after a paddy paddy session with what amounts to a family friend. He should know better than this kind of okada PR approach. His credibility just went down the tubes. Imagine how much trust future prospect will place in their dealings with this pot bellied hustler.
Yeah...I was wondering if he should have waited for the process to process before he begin talk..
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Pinnick's PR woes continues. The mags went and opened his mouth after a paddy paddy session with what amounts to a family friend. He should know better than this kind of okada PR approach. His credibility just went down the tubes. Imagine how much trust future prospect will place in their dealings with this pot bellied hustler.
This is very embarrassing.
He should have kept it close to his chest until Tammy had made up his mind.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote:
Frankly, info about a potential change of allegiance is not info we need to know. It's a high risk low reward strategy that usually makes it worse for the party in a weaker position. If you are planning on robbing a bank you don't call them to tell them you're on your way in a black Toyota Camry and a raider baseball cap.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

that Abrah whatever is one of the most useless striker in the league this season. the guy is yet to even score a real goal.... what a useless player , not fit to waer green white green

bobo is even a massive junk in FIFA
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Damunk wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:But for the profile of the EPL, I am not sure Tammy Abraham is an upgrade on Sadiq Umar. I am surprised Rohr has not gone back to look at that Olympics 2016 bronze-winning squad in Brazil. Against Japan, for example, Sadiq was unplayable.
Sadiq too is a 'potential' but not ahead of Tammy. At best I'd say theyre at par. Though I believe Tammy is physically stronger and can stay on his feet in the face of a heavy challenge, unlike Sadiq.
But nuthin spoil. They're players of the future and should only get better.
But Tammy needs to be locked down.
lol You couldn't be more wrong.
Just wondering if you have actually watched Abraham play
I have. I can tell you the exact opposite of what you wrote is true
Umar is far stronger and far more robust in the face of a heavy challenge.
Overall he is a better player than Abraham
Then he must have bulked up recently.
It was quite frustrating watching him getting knocked over so easily like a featherweight at the Olympics last year, despite his goals.
He's a bit older now and hopefully stronger.
But is he getting top flight games?
even at the olympics he wasnt a featherweight chief
If you watrched him closely you would have seen his hold up play was good even then.
On a number of occasions he even dispossessed opposing defenders or harangued them into making mistakes
but like Drogba of early-days he went to ground to try and win freekicks far too often. I dont know if he still has that habit

Abraham from what i can see is a different kind of player. A taller version of Ighalo. Not a target man but a good fox in the box.
Outside of the 18 he keeps it neat and simple however he doesnt seem to have the pace or skill to be a wide forward IMHO
Given his youth and promise i agree it would be a major coup to get him to switch at this stage
I dont think he has done anything to justify leapfrogging Umar
But choosing Nigeria at this stage unlike the opportunistic Shola Ameobi is a good sign
it shows he is doing it for the right reasons like Iwobi
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

niyi wrote:
i spoke too soon
note to self: read the entire thread before commenting
Dr. Wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by Dr. Wazobia »

Damunk wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
--- Let brotherly love continue ---
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Nobody wants to be associated with una :sad: :sad:
niyi wrote:
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

This boy said it a while ago,no! But this Pinnick guy is begging and he doesn't realise he is representing Nigeria,Tammy doesn't warrant so much attention Pinnick obviously thinks that nepotism is a good way of selecting players as he publicly announced that he is friends with father and insists he'll play for Nigeria and has never stated another reason!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Eaglezbeak wrote:This boy said it a while ago,no! But this Pinnick guy is begging and he doesn't realise he is representing Nigeria,Tammy doesn't warrant so much attention Pinnick obviously thinks that nepotism is a good way of selecting players as publicly announced that he is friends with father and insists he'll play for Nigeria and has never stated another reason!
Pinnick is following what we were all taught in Kindergarten

'Tis a lesson you should heed:
Try, try, try again.
If at first you don't succeed,
Try, try, try again
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Rawlings wrote:Nobody wants to be associated with una :sad: :sad:
niyi wrote:
Except you. You dearly want to be associated with Nigeria. That's why you're here. Enjoy it. And enjoy us playing at the World Cup next year while Ghana sits at home preparing for another Afcon failure. :rotf:

You're welcome.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

smartbrother wrote:
Damunk wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:But for the profile of the EPL, I am not sure Tammy Abraham is an upgrade on Sadiq Umar. I am surprised Rohr has not gone back to look at that Olympics 2016 bronze-winning squad in Brazil. Against Japan, for example, Sadiq was unplayable.
Sadiq too is a 'potential' but not ahead of Tammy. At best I'd say theyre at par. Though I believe Tammy is physically stronger and can stay on his feet in the face of a heavy challenge, unlike Sadiq.
It was quite frustrating watching him getting knocked over so easily like a featherweight at the Olympics last year, despite his goals.
If you watrched him closely you would have seen his hold up play was good even then.
On a number of occasions he even dispossessed opposing defenders or harangued them into making mistakes
but like Drogba of early-days he went to ground to try and win freekicks far too often. I dont know if he still has that habit

Abraham from what i can see is a different kind of player. A taller version of Ighalo. Not a target man but a good fox in the box.
Outside of the 18 he keeps it neat and simple however he doesnt seem to have the pace or skill to be a wide forward IMHO
Given his youth and promise i agree it would be a major coup to get him to switch at this stage
But choosing Nigeria at this stage unlike the opportunistic Shola Ameobi is a good sign
In the last 2 years (2015-2017)
Sadiq Umar has played 13 senior games and scored 2 goals
Tammy Abraham has played 56 senior games and scored 28 goals
YNWA
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

heavyd wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Damunk wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Damunk wrote:

Well damn...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

heavyd wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Damunk wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Damunk wrote:

In the last 2 years (2015-2017) Tammy Abraham has played less than 5 games in any top flight league
Sadiq Umar has played Serie A football for 3 consecutive seasons
Regards
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

smartbrother wrote:
heavyd wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Damunk wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Damunk wrote:

In the last 2 years (2015-2017) Tammy Abraham has played less than 5 games in any top flight league
Sadiq Umar has played Serie A football for 3 consecutive seasons
Regards
How many games and how many goals?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

The bottom line is he won't make a decision until after the Zambia game..Both Nigeria and England are in good positions to qualify. However, his chances of making the England squad, even as a wild card, are pretty slim. However, he stands an outside chance of making the Nigeria squad (but not the first 11).

With players like Moses, Iheanacho and Iwobi playing around him he has a crop of players he can develop with. He has to carefully weigh his options. Because this is not an area of deficiency in the team and the window won't stay open for much longer. Bazee and Dressers are both on Rohr's radar. Nigeria may not come knocking again..
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

maceo4 wrote:How many games and how many goals?
I don't debate cheerleaders.
sorry mate
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

maceo4 wrote:How many games and how many goals?
13 games, 2 goals, 2 years.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.