Tammy Abraham To Accept England Call

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Tammy Abraham To Accept England Call

Post by Bigpokey24 »

may those players who disrespect Nigeria and use them to boost their desired call, never get more than 5 caps at international level, may the press waya them, may they lose confidence at the international level, and may they get dropped when it comes to world cups

I do not have any good wishes as far as international football for players who disrespect Nigeria... ( let them shine at club football , that's their level)
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

niyi wrote:I wish them the best.

However, it's dishonest to make statements like "I'm yet to make a decision" when you actually mean "I would rather see if I get an England call-up."

As far as I'm concerned, we should only pitch our national team invitation to players once and move on from them as soon as they turn it down. It shouldn't be too complicated.
Bros, we don't have that luxury.

We have to make Naijaria a desireable country to represent at any level.

At present, it is NOT!

Make I repeat myself. More and more Naijarians are being born and raised overseas and are Naijaria In Name Only (NINO). We have to court them, toast them, show them that there are no fans or country more appreciative of their sacrifice. It is a huge sacrifice representing Naijaria whether you guys want to accept it or not.

Me, I would want to make my kids feel so indebted and wanting to honor me to want to play for Naijaria if they are good enough. But if left to them, they should do what is best for their professional careers.

But from what I have seen of this country, it is a tough sell.

Ps., look at how some unscrupulous folks have tried to denigrate Balogun and Ekong. Some even went to the level of carrying out paid propaganda of how not a good person Ekong is simply because he doesn't want to be blackmailed.

Ps., we don't have a league (to write home about)... we are not too sure of the ages of our players who leave our shores... we should take the best Naijarian out there regardless of how Naijarian they feel.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Not a good decision to play for England. Will be used and dumped like many before him. Harry Kane, Rashford,Vardy are ahead of him. But well good luck to him with England. Loses any support from me the moment he plays for England. In fact I will be rooting against him. I am happy with Victor Osimhen development.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cellular wrote:
niyi wrote:I wish them the best.

However, it's dishonest to make statements like "I'm yet to make a decision" when you actually mean "I would rather see if I get an England call-up."

As far as I'm concerned, we should only pitch our national team invitation to players once and move on from them as soon as they turn it down. It shouldn't be too complicated.

At present, it is NOT!

Make I repeat myself. More and more Naijarians are being born and raised overseas and are Naijaria In Name Only (NINO). We have to court them, toast them, show them that there are no fans or country more appreciative of their sacrifice. It is a huge sacrifice representing Naijaria whether you guys want to accept it or not.

Me, I would want to make my kids feel so indebted and wanting to honor me to want to play for Naijaria if they are good enough. But if left to them, they should do what is best for their professional careers.

Ps., look at how some unscrupulous folks have tried to denigrate Balogun and Ekong. Some even went to the level of carrying out paid propaganda of how not a good person Ekong is simply because he doesn't want to be blackmailed.

Ps., we don't have a league (to write home about)... we are not too sure of the ages of our players who leave our shores... we should take the best Naijarian out there regardless of how Naijarian they feel.
abeg , forget torey...we are what we are, ..... Tammy is still a joke, the other players who picked naija aka Iwobi them,etc....so why did they pick us? Tammy is a loser
SuperEagles

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Cellular wrote:

At present, it is NOT!

Chief Cellular,

The issue is not Luxury. It´s the way and manner we carry ourselves as a people, or the way by which the NFF leadership executed this chase. The approached used woo Tammy wrong from the very beginning, giving him a red carpet reception, Pinnick saying Tammy´s dad and him are childhood friends etc. There was a way, by which we secured the services of Iwobi and Victor Moses (this was done, with no noise making or fanfare, simple underground moves). Balogun and Ekong were also approached by individuals (some on this board and one I know personally).

This is just a case of comparative advantage, If the players in question were top level Rugby or Cricket players, Nigeria will have no chance, however, with football we can use certain things to our advantage. Take Rugby union for example, there are some good players that will never make the All blacks squad, they suddenly remember they have a Scottish grand parent or Fiji link or Samoa heritage and they play for such countries, because of the prospect of playing regular international test match which boost their careers.

The NFF will choose, if it wants the country to be used as a bait for future calls or they should be look inwardly (not retreat), treat our leagues and HB players better in that way players will be drawn to us. If you don´t respect yourself, nobody will respect you.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

There's only one reason England will throw 2 Anglo-Nigeria rookies in a qualifiers - thwart Nigeria's interest.
England feels threatened enough to call up both players. The downside is, if they play and get discarded, it's over for them.
Hopefully they can be a reference how not to accept England call, if they are discarded that is.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I have sent two seperate IG messages to timori and Tammy to kindly take down the Nigerian flags from their pages and they should enjoy their one cap each.... yes i am petty
SuperEagles

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Maybe we need to understand how being of multiple cultures works in the modern world and realize just because they have Nigerian last names does not mean Nigeria owns them.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kalani JR wrote:Maybe we need to understand how being of multiple cultures works in the modern world and realize just because they have Nigerian last names does not mean Nigeria owns them.
if a KKK man comes into a building with black folks in there , will they say hey who is English Black or Nigerian?
SuperEagles

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

fabio wrote:
Cellular wrote:

At present, it is NOT!

Chief Cellular,

The issue is not Luxury. It´s the way and manner we carry ourselves as a people, or the way by which the NFF leadership executed this chase. The approached used woo Tammy wrong from the very beginning, giving him a red carpet reception, Pinnick saying Tammy´s dad and him are childhood friends etc. There was a way, by which we secured the services of Iwobi and Victor Moses (this was done, with no noise making or fanfare, simple underground moves). Balogun and Ekong were also approached by individuals (some on this board and one I know personally).

This is just a case of comparative advantage, If the players in question were top level Rugby or Cricket players, Nigeria will have no chance, however, with football we can use certain things to our advantage. Take Rugby union for example, there are some good players that will never make the All blacks squad, they suddenly remember they have a Scottish grand parent or Fiji link or Samoa heritage and they play for such countries, because of the prospect of playing regular international test match which boost their careers.

The NFF will choose, if it wants the country to be used as a bait for future calls or they should be look inwardly (not retreat), treat our leagues and HB players better in that way players will be drawn to us. If you don´t respect yourself, nobody will respect you.
Bros, I agree 100%.

But such recruiting efforts should be a concerted effort handled by a team with a plan. "I go wound you, I go wound you na pesin way no wan fight" as my Waffi pipul go tok. If we wan collect those boys, just stealthy go after them. And if the players leak the move, jos know say dem wan use Naija as a bargaining chip.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Bigpokey24 wrote:I have sent two seperate IG messages to timori and Tammy to kindly take down the Nigerian flags from their pages and they should enjoy their one cap each.... yes i am petty
Very petty. Act your age for once.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote: Let us just take delight in the fact that Nigeria is forcing Southgate's hand.
I predict there will be future wars over players like Bukayo Saka, Folarin Balogun and that young Arsenal GK, Arthur Okonkwo.

And that is just the beginning.... :D
What a pathetic spin at failure... A failure of the flagship policy.
gbosa... symptoms of a rohrbot on display, you know damunk lives and breath mediocrity
Im sure fabio will agree with you on CE.
He can't say that to my face...and he knows it. :idea:
Abi fabio? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Cellular wrote:
fabio wrote:
Cellular wrote:

At present, it is NOT!

Chief Cellular,

Bros, I agree 100%.

But such recruiting efforts should be a concerted effort handled by a team with a plan. "I go wound you, I go wound you na pesin way no wan fight" as my Waffi pipul go tok. If we wan collect those boys, just stealthy go after them. And if the players leak the move, jos know say dem wan use Naija as a bargaining chip.
I believe each person or player should be allowed to follow their heart in making a decision on who to represent. There is no need for coaxing. There are other foreign-born players who will never play for England, Germany or any other top footballing nation and don't need anyone to coax them to play for Nigeria. We heard the Okoye chap say he will not play for Germany even if called. Iwobi never even considered playing for England. I feel for Tammy but I wish him the best but I strongly suspect his international career will be short-lived.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:Maybe we need to understand how being of multiple cultures works in the modern world and realize just because they have Nigerian last names does not mean Nigeria owns them.
if a KKK man comes into a building with black folks in there , will they say hey who is English Black or Nigerian?
I don't know bigpoKKKey tell me.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:Im sure fabio will agree with you on CE.
Who can say that, to the face of an Ebora :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Abi Damunk? :D :D :D
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:Im sure fabio will agree with you on CE.
Who can say that, to the face of an Ebora :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Abi Damunk? :D :D :D
I thought not. :idea:
Better tell your friend.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Happening in the USA but on a smaller scale.

Tug of war between the US and The Netherlands.

The Netherlands as expected is getting the up hand.

USMNT roster suffers setback as rising Ajax defender turns down call-up
Ajax's Sergiño Dest, left, dues with Lille's Boubakary Soumare during UEFA Champions League match last month. (Olaf Kraak/EPA-EFE/Shutterstock)
By Steven Goff October 2
For years, Sergiño Dest played for U.S. junior national teams, and last month, the 18-year-old defender made his senior debut. But because he is a dual national, eligible for both the United States and Netherlands, Dest is keeping his options open.

So when U.S. Coach Gregg Berhalter invited him to upcoming matches in the Nations League, a competition that, if he stepped onto the field, would lock him into the U.S. program forever, Dest declined.

That decision was a clear setback to the rebuilding U.S. team, which sees Dest and other young players as key figures in the effort to qualify for the 2022 World Cup after missing out last year.

“I’ve had conversations with Sergiño,” Berhalter said in a statement issued Wednesday by the U.S. Soccer Federation. “The conversations were positive, and the content of these conversations is going to remain private.”

Minus Dest, Berhalter named 26 players for the matches against Cuba on Oct. 11 at Audi Field in Washington and Canada on Oct. 15 in Toronto. One team in the three-nation group will advance to the inaugural tournament’s final stage next year.

Dest, who has an American father but was born, raised and trained in soccer in the Netherlands, is an outside back who starts for European power Ajax. Last month, Berhalter started him against Mexico in East Rutherford, N.J., but because that was a friendly and not an official FIFA competition, he remained eligible to apply for a one-time switch.

With Dest’s rise at Ajax, the Dutch federation has taken a keen interest in him playing for the national team. Coach Ronald Koeman reportedly met with the player last week.

The U.S. squad will gather next week at George Mason University for training sessions. The 26 players include a young core featuring Chelsea’s Christian Pulisic, Schalke’s Weston McKennie and Werder Bremen’s Josh Sargent and veterans such as Toronto FC’s Michael Bradley and Jozy Altidore and Newcastle’s DeAndre Yedlin, who last week returned to Premier League action from a long-term groin injury.

Also back from injury is Reading defender Matt Miazga.

Players unavailable because of injury include RB Leipzig’s Tyler Adams, Wolfsburg’s John Brooks and Lille’s Tim Weah.

D.C. United’s Paul Arriola is back in the mix after skipping the September friendlies against Mexico and Uruguay for family reasons. He is among 18 players from MLS, which will conclude the regular season Sunday and start the playoffs Oct. 19-20.

The only newcomer is Philadelphia midfielder Brenden Aaronson, 18.

“We continue to bring some of the younger guys along, integrate some new players into camp, but also have a familiar base,” Berhalter said. “Most of the guys have been in camp before, understand how we want to play, and we think that continuity will help in our performance.”

U.S. roster
Goalkeepers: Brad Guzan (Atlanta United), Sean Johnson (New York City FC), Zack Steffen (Fortuna Düsseldorf).
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2 ... n-call-up/
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Lolly wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:I have sent two seperate IG messages to timori and Tammy to kindly take down the Nigerian flags from their pages and they should enjoy their one cap each.... yes i am petty
lully muhammed what does the term act you age really mean? So can you list the guidelines or official doctrine of the term act your age? or you are just as clueless as your meal provider buhari, the corrupt president who used cows to vote in Kano...so those cows , did they also act their ages?
SuperEagles

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Lolly wrote:
lully muhammed what does the term act you age really mean? So can you list the guidelines or official doctrine of the term act your age? or you are just as clueless as your meal provider buhari, the corrupt president who used cows to vote in Kano...so those cows , did they also act their ages?
I wrongly assumed you were an adult. My bad.

DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Smart decision by Tammy. England by far is the better marketable brand. Competition would be fierce so he has to be on top of his game. Tammy should not expect it to be a stroll in the park, He might get a few caps but he must expect stiff competition too.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

DIMKA76 wrote:Smart decision by Tammy. England by far is the better marketable brand. Competition would be fierce so he has to be on top of his game. Tammy should not expect it to be a stroll in the park, He might get a few caps but he must expect stiff competition too.
As soon as the transfer ban on Chelsea is lifted they’ll buy a striker and Abraham will be sent to villa or Watford. By that Osimhen should be at Man U . Forget these fake Nigerians. :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Lolly wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Lolly wrote:
well you and burahi sat in the same class to study home economics, your illiterate president is chooping our niara and building plenty cow stalls up north.... now don't you ever disrespect me on this forum, let this be the first and last time you run your mouth around my name... put some respect to the name bigpokey , you uneducated cow farmer who uses cows to vote to rig my country's election shame on your corrupt mind
SuperEagles

Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Lolly wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Lolly wrote:
well you and burahi sat in the same class to study home economics, your illiterate president is chooping our niara and building plenty cow stalls up north.... now don't you ever disrespect me on this forum, let this be the first and last time you run your mouth around my name... put some respect to the name bigpokey , you uneducated cow farmer who uses cows to vote to rig my country's election shame on your corrupt mind
It's obvious the bush never leave you. Dem go soon deport you. :lol: