Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:16 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 48960
...so Senegal don lay the gauntlet down for SE. Win or draw to keep Africa bragging right.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:38 pm
Posts: 2399
My fear is the Brazilians will be upset with this result and come out with a vengeance against us. They won't want to go back to back games without a win.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 48960
olu wrote:
My fear is the Brazilians will be upset with this result and come out with a vengeance against us. They won't want to go back to back games without a win.
...Senegal is led by a very professional leader in Mane, plus some supporting casts. They don't fear big name Brazil, as for our folks, I sure hope they keep calm and play without scare or intimidation.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:46 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 43493
Una too dey hype nonsense from friendlies. Senegal will get to the world Cup now and get bullied by Korea and Japan, abeg make I hear word.

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brazil 1 Senegal 1
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:10 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 5029
iworo wrote:

Sadio Mane nutmegs Brazil ace en route to winning and scoring penalty for Senegal

It was a Liverpool takeover in the international friendly between Brazil and Senegal on Thursday with Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane getting on the scoresheet.

The Brazilian frontman broke the deadlock after just nine minutes to give his side the lead, as he produced a stunning finish to beat the goalkeeper from close range.

However, Mane was yet to have his say on the game and as seen in the video below, he not only won the penalty just before half-time, but he also converted it too as Senegal found an equaliser.





It was brilliant play from the 27-year-old as he nutmegged Marquinhos before sandwiching himself between two defenders as they brought him down in the box.

Mane kept his cool and produced a classy finish from the spot, and so now it remains to be seen who has the last word to potentially secure the victory in an entertaining encounter that Liverpool fans in particular would have enjoyed.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/10/1 ... r-senegal/


My one proposal that I want to institute is banning certain websites from being posted on these forums, top of which will be caughtoffside, a website with no value whatsoever, it's not informational, entertaining, interesting to read nor does it even retain a degree of comic value.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:26 am
Posts: 9226
mcal wrote:
olu wrote:
My fear is the Brazilians will be upset with this result and come out with a vengeance against us. They won't want to go back to back games without a win.
...Senegal is led by a very professional leader in Mane, plus some supporting casts. They don't fear big name Brazil, as for our folks, I sure hope they keep calm and play without scare or intimidation.

How’s this possible when our coach constantly tells the whole world we must play scared and intimidated?

_________________
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15


"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brazil 1 Senegal 1
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 14682
Location: Here
Gotti wrote:
The second report above is erroneous...
Saw the game, and it was NOT Mane who scored the PK (it was #9).

Meanwhile, the thread will soon be shuffled off to the World forum.

Nope, it was Diedhou, #19. :)

_________________
"The young Walt Disney was sacked because he lacked imagination. They advised Marilyn Monroe to become a secretary and Elvis to go back to driving a lorry."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 13663
elerineye wrote:
mcal wrote:
olu wrote:
My fear is the Brazilians will be upset with this result and come out with a vengeance against us. They won't want to go back to back games without a win.
...Senegal is led by a very professional leader in Mane, plus some supporting casts. They don't fear big name Brazil, as for our folks, I sure hope they keep calm and play without scare or intimidation.

How’s this possible when our coach constantly tells the whole world we must play scared and intimidated?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brazil 1 Senegal 1
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:32 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 32597
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
kalani JR wrote:
iworo wrote:

Sadio Mane nutmegs Brazil ace en route to winning and scoring penalty for Senegal

It was a Liverpool takeover in the international friendly between Brazil and Senegal on Thursday with Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane getting on the scoresheet.

The Brazilian frontman broke the deadlock after just nine minutes to give his side the lead, as he produced a stunning finish to beat the goalkeeper from close range.

However, Mane was yet to have his say on the game and as seen in the video below, he not only won the penalty just before half-time, but he also converted it too as Senegal found an equaliser.





It was brilliant play from the 27-year-old as he nutmegged Marquinhos before sandwiching himself between two defenders as they brought him down in the box.

Mane kept his cool and produced a classy finish from the spot, and so now it remains to be seen who has the last word to potentially secure the victory in an entertaining encounter that Liverpool fans in particular would have enjoyed.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/10/1 ... r-senegal/


My one proposal that I want to institute is banning certain websites from being posted on these forums, top of which will be caughtoffside, a website with no value whatsoever, it's not informational, entertaining, interesting to read nor does it even retain a degree of comic value.

Huh???

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

The glory has departed from Arsenal. :(

Zlatan doesn't score lucky goals, goals are lucky to be scored by Zlatan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brazil 1 Senegal 1
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:52 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 5029
cchinukw wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
iworo wrote:

Sadio Mane nutmegs Brazil ace en route to winning and scoring penalty for Senegal

It was a Liverpool takeover in the international friendly between Brazil and Senegal on Thursday with Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane getting on the scoresheet.

The Brazilian frontman broke the deadlock after just nine minutes to give his side the lead, as he produced a stunning finish to beat the goalkeeper from close range.

However, Mane was yet to have his say on the game and as seen in the video below, he not only won the penalty just before half-time, but he also converted it too as Senegal found an equaliser.





It was brilliant play from the 27-year-old as he nutmegged Marquinhos before sandwiching himself between two defenders as they brought him down in the box.

Mane kept his cool and produced a classy finish from the spot, and so now it remains to be seen who has the last word to potentially secure the victory in an entertaining encounter that Liverpool fans in particular would have enjoyed.

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/10/1 ... r-senegal/


My one proposal that I want to institute is banning certain websites from being posted on these forums, top of which will be caughtoffside, a website with no value whatsoever, it's not informational, entertaining, interesting to read nor does it even retain a degree of comic value.

Huh???


caughtoffside is a terrible website, people should avoid posting from it because it is misleading.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 13663
olu wrote:
My fear is the Brazilians will be upset with this result and come out with a vengeance against us. They won't want to go back to back games without a win.


for friendly match again??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: tufiakwa!

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:10 pm
Posts: 1860
Location: Canada
YUJAM wrote:
Senegal suffered in the firstb20 mins as they couldn’t cope with Brazil’s high pressing because they didn’t have enough options to pass to from defense. That changed when Senegal adjusted their tactics so Diatta and Gueye dropped down in midfield to collect passes. Before this Kouyate tried to play that role but was easily plucked off by the Brazilians. For Senegal, Mane, Sarr and Gueye were the stars. Racine Coly debuting at LB was awful.

Overall Brazil the better side. At times especially early in the half they were to clever for the Senegalese but that changed as the match wore on. Neymar, Gabriel, Firmino and Co were a handful for the Senegalese D as expected.

The real star is Aliou Cisse to be honest. He's showing that you can still put your opponent under pressure without compromising your solid defense. Hope Rohr picks up a thing or two from this young manager.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 8597
Brazil obviously did not scout Mane enough. They should have known that no one in the world can simulate a penalty call like him. Once he feels you leaning on him, he’ll go down; and it’s not a dive because there’s always unquestionable contact :!:


Cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group