LVP 2 : 1 TOT (Match Thread)

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: LVP 2 : 1 TOT (Match Thread)

Post by txj »

Kabalega wrote:How come there was no VAR review of the penalty?
There is VAR review of all PKs and goals.

But how in the hell did those PK reviews pass muster for Manure?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: LVP 1 : 1 TOT (Match Thread)

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:He did it again! Sanchez allowed a bouncing ball to go over his head! Literally! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Kaii!! Oloye! you see am?

He takes too many chances for a center back...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: LVP 0:1 TOT (Match Thread)

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:I haven’t seen Pool play this many long balls in the opening half during Klopp’s tenure.
They're looking to take the top off of the spurs backline; and they are using it to counter their high pressing...

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

txj wrote:
green4life wrote:I haven’t seen Pool play this many long balls in the opening half during Klopp’s tenure.
.... and they are using it to counter their high pressing...
Makes sense especially early in the first half. That was a smart adjustment.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

When Mourinho used that tactic against Liverpool at Anfield in the 0-0 draw, Klopp blew his gasket and complained about long balls.
Today Klopp used it to win
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

benteke wrote:
When Mourinho used that tactic against Liverpool at Anfield in the 0-0 draw, Klopp blew his gasket and complained about long balls.
Wow..you are really retarded as far as football is concerned.

LFC did not use the long ball to win today.

You need to educate yourself bout the game...I've been telling you this for more than a year now!

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

txj wrote:
benteke wrote:

You need to educate yourself bout the game...I've been telling you this for more than a year now!
Listen, i might be dumb as you say, but you are surely dumber than me :rotf:

Liverpool used the long ball a lot as a tactic and they ended up winning.
Klopp complained when someone else used the long ball as if he does not ever use it ever.
It was a great switch of tactics as well.

I don't even want to care what they did after, now i know why Klopp was complaining about the long ball :biggrin:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

benteke wrote:
txj wrote:
benteke wrote:

Klopp complained when someone else used the long ball as if he does not ever use it ever.

I don't even want to care what they did after, now i know why Klopp was complaining about the long ball :biggrin:

Clearly you don't understand the discussion here and are too stupid to earn.

LFC had 68% possession.

In terms of the details of the passing, this is how it was:

Passes

LFC SPURS
662 Total 311
33 Crosses 13
0 Through Balls 2
71 Long Balls 57
558 Short Passes 239

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

txj wrote:
benteke wrote:
txj wrote:
benteke wrote:

LFC had 68% possession.

Passes

LFC SPURS
662 Total 311
33 Crosses 13
0 Through Balls 2
71 Long Balls 57
558 Short Passes 239
Okay then. :thumbs:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

benteke wrote:
txj wrote:
benteke wrote:
txj wrote:
benteke wrote:

LFC had 68% possession.

Passes

LFC SPURS
662 Total 311
33 Crosses 13
0 Through Balls 2
71 Long Balls 57
558 Short Passes 239
Nothing wrong with the crosses. Usually they work the passing game through the middle and spread to their FB for the diagonal key pass. Today’s long ball approach was different and it made sense because Pooch initially had his press higher up the pitch to counter/ disrupt Klopp’s plan A.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

green4life wrote:
benteke wrote:
txj wrote:
benteke wrote:
txj wrote:
benteke wrote:

LFC had 68% possession.

Passes

LFC SPURS
662 Total 311
33 Crosses 13
0 Through Balls 2
71 Long Balls 57
558 Short Passes 239
Nothing wrong with the crosses. Usually they work the passing game through the middle and spread to their FB for the diagonal key pass. Today’s long ball approach was different and it made sense because Pooch initially had his press higher up the pitch to counter/ disrupt Klopp’s plan A.
Yes indeed. I get you dude, we are on the same page with regards to the long balls.
Those long balls are what nullified Spurs tactics and then allowed Liverpool to do what they do best and win, that was my point anyway. Good spot :thumb:
Last edited by benteke on Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

'Dumb and Dumber, I'd call them': Roy Keane lays into Tottenham full backs Serge Aurier and Danny Rose in typically bullish style after their roles in Liverpool defeat
Roy Keane slammed the performances of Tottenham's full backs Serge Aurier and Danny Rose against Liverpool, labelling the pair 'Dumb and Dumber' after Sunday evening's clash.

The pair endured a tough time at Anfield, with Rose struggling against his opposite number Trent Alexander-Arnold, while his team-mate on the opposite flank was at fault for conceding the penalty that led to the Reds' victory.

Talking in the Sky Sports studio after the game, Keane said: 'The two Tottenham full-backs were dreadful. Dumb and Dumber, I'd call them.
I thought they were really poor. You can't compare them to Liverpool, the two lads who are absolutely fantastic.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -Rose.html
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

txj, how about Fabinho? what a player!

If fit, Ox, Keita,or even Milner should be starting ahead of Henderson. Fabinho and Wjinaldum are holding the midfield very well.

And of course, Sadio Mane is a player who has a bag of tricks, both professional and "back-yard soccer" kinds, and is not afraid to unleash them. After dealing with Rose, he knew exactly what Aurier was going to do :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:txj, how about Fabinho? what a player!

If fit, Ox, Keita,or even Milner should be starting ahead of Henderson. Fabinho and Wjinaldum are holding the midfield very well.

And of course, Sadio Mane is a player who has a bag of tricks, both professional and "back-yard soccer" kinds, and is not afraid to unleash them. After dealing with Rose, he knew exactly what Aurier was going to do :lol: :lol: :lol:
How did we miss Mane?
Some know nothing was saying Walcott is a better player that is why Mane even play for Southampton.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Kaji, Mane would’ve obstructed Iwobi’s development and frankly, AI aka Artificial Intelligence aka Alex Ogbuefi, was more suited for the system in place. From a contextual perspective, Iwobi was better for Beloved, now and ever after, amen.