Pochettino Sacked

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Olayemi14
Egg
Egg
Poch canned

Post by Olayemi14 »

Tottenham have sacked head coach Mauricio Pochettino after five years in charge of the Premier League club.

The former Southampton boss, 47, was appointed in May 2014 and led the club to the Champions League final last season, where they lost to Liverpool.

But Spurs have made a disappointing start to the current campaign and are 14th in the Premier League.

"We were extremely reluctant to make this change," said Spurs chairman Daniel Levy.

"It is not a decision the board has taken lightly, nor in haste. Regrettably domestic results at the end of last season and beginning of this season have been extremely disappointing.

"It falls on the board to make the difficult decisions - this one made more so given the many memorable moments we have had with Mauricio and his coaching staff - but we do so in the club's best interests."
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50480860
Active member of the JOM & JM Fan Clubs. Baba Eleran of Chelsea FC.
emjay
Egg
Egg
BREAKING... Mauricio Pochettino Sacked!!

Post by emjay »

Mauricio Pochettino has been sacked by Tottenham after five years in charge of the club.

He led Spurs to top-four finishes in four of his five seasons in charge, as well as their first Champions League final in the 2018/19 campaign.

However, Spurs have won just five matches this season and chairman Daniel Levy said a change had to be made in the "club's best interests"
Read more details here.
https://www.footynaija.com.ng/2019/11/b ... acked.html
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg
Pochettino Sacked

Post by Ipe Grams »

:shock: :?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... am-manager

Mauricio Pochettino has been sacked by Tottenham after a dreadful run of results. The Argentinian manager, who enjoyed such progress since moving to north London in 2014, culminating in reaching last season’s Champions League final, has watched his fortunes slump after a difficult summer.

Pochettino’s team have taken 14 points from 12 matches this season and, in a larger sample size back to February, 25 from 24 games – in other words, relegation form. Pochettino departs along with his assistants Jesús Pérez, Miguel D’Agostino and Toni Jiménez.
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Pochettino Sacked

Post by 100%Naija »

Left the club cause Jose Boringho was hanging out. Good for him. Move on to a real club. Rottentotonham is trash!
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

WRONG FORUM :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

green4life wrote:WRONG FORUM :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
:rotf:
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

why is this here
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

green4life wrote:WRONG FORUM :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
:laugh:
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BREAKING... Mauricio Pochettino Sacked!!

Post by Senator WIRES »

Actually, he made Spurs to punch above the club level :D
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Where is ohen freaking hen when you need him?
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Poch canned

Post by Nkume »

He won nothing!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He is better than Emery.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

green4life wrote:Where is ohen freaking hen when you need him?

I dey watch Brexit, what is going on?

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

He should have left after they commissioned the stadium and the Champions league final. That was the peak of the mountain for him. He was never gonna get beyond that.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Arsenal should sack Emery and hire Poch
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

oloye wrote:Arsenal should sack Emery and hire Poch
And win nothing.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Damn una fast o.

Just saw this trending :shock:

What will it take for Arsenal board to do us fans the honours? :-x
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Will be a good hire for Arsenal.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

When you advice a child and he fails to listen, it is the child who will then have to feel the wrath of his decisions.

When I asked Poche to leave Tottenham, he was twerking! He had a fantastic offer from Madrid and another from United. But he was twerking and refused to listen to me. I also asked him to resign early this season before they damage his career! He didnt listen !

well, HIA-YOU-ARE! Shey your eye don clear!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I think Arsenal and Spurs should merge. Maybe a North London United side might be able to challenge for the Premier League title.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote:When you advice a child and he fails to listen, it is the child who will then have to feel the wrath of his decisions.

When I asked Poche to leave Tottenham, he was twerking! He had a fantastic offer from Madrid and another from United. But he was twerking and refused to listen to me. I also asked him to resign early this season before they damage his career! He didnt listen !

Sharaaaap my fren. :lol:

Pooch na your boy. Shey you were twerking and supporting him early in the season especially after they drew 2-2 at Etihad? Now wey yawa done gas, you done jump ship :rotf:

It's easy to be a 'big boy' manager when you don't have to win anything year in year out. But once the oga releases the purse strings small, you must improve the results from the previous season whether you like am or not. Such is life. Everything else na tori. Bunch of losers at WHL :rotf:
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

danfo driver wrote:When you advice a child and he fails to listen, it is the child who will then have to feel the wrath of his decisions.

RM careers usually have a short shelf life. There is no guarantee he'd have lasted there.

On the balance it was the right career move to stay at the time.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I think Arsenal and Spurs should merge. Maybe a North London United side might be able to challenge for the Premier League title.
Two losers. They deserve each other. I read Waffiman comments on spurs thread consoling spurs fans. Perhaps because he knows Emery's neck is next on the chopping block :rotf: Lovely :rotf: