Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:18 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 5:39 pm
Posts: 1898
Location: New York
Eto'o aims to use studies to 'give back to Africa'
By Oluwashina Okeleji


Image

African football legend Samuel Eto'o says he wants to use his business management studies at Harvard Business School in the USA to give back to Africa.

The four-time African Player of the Year winner announced his retirement from football at the age of 38 in September.

Eto'o believes crossing the Atlantic Ocean to the United States for business education will help his quest to give back to the continent.

"I want to help and to make my positive contribution to the transformation of our continent," Eto'o told French news website Jeune Afrique.

"When you're a footballer, you pay people to take care of your career and things generally.

"But when it's up to you to manage people, and you want to develop them, you practically need to learn new skills.

The ex-Cameroon and Barcelona forward, who remains his country's record scorer with 56 goals in 118 games, confirmed his decision to study for life after football.

"In January I will start a business management studies at Harvard University after they kindly accepted me for a specialised training," he explained.

"I will live in Boston for almost a year for this. It won't be easy, but it's a nice challenge and you know I always love to challenge myself."

Eto'o had a trophy-laden professional career in Spain and Italy, but enjoyed much of his club success at Barcelona, where he played from 2004 to 2009.

His trophies with the Catalan club included three La Liga crowns and two European Champions League titles.

He also won the Champions League, under Jose Mourinho, at Inter Milan in 2010, and has an Olympic gold medal, which he won with Cameroon in 2000.

Eto'o whose career also include spells in Russia, Turkey and Qatar is the leading all-time scorer in the Nations Cup with 18 goals.

He appeared at four World Cup finals with the Indomitable Lions - 1998, 2002, 2010 and 2014 - playing in eight matches and scoring three goals.

The striker also won back-to-back Africa Cup of Nations titles with his country at the 2000 and 2002 editions.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50558963


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Posts: 12000
Location: seattle
This gesture is simply layered in a conquered mind; even when financial power and independence means you have to give the master more of your already earned cash to acquire more affirmation and stamp of approval. If Eto wasn't still tied to the never ending vestiges of enslavement why would he not establish a business institute of his own right there in Cameroon

_________________
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 30202
With expertise acquired from...the tree of wisdom perhaps? The impression is, he's going to a revered institution, to learn a skill and repatriate it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:26 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 32845
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
Admirable.

I like it when footballers are forward thinking like this. Kudos to him. :thumb: :thumb:

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

The glory has departed from Arsenal. :(

Zlatan doesn't score lucky goals, goals are lucky to be scored by Zlatan


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Posts: 12000
Location: seattle
Coach wrote:
With expertise acquired from...the tree of wisdom perhaps? The impression is, he's going to a revered institution, to learn a skill and repatriate it.


The impression; which is why he is doing it. The theory of health is knowing you already have all capacities possible to apply yourself when unconstrained by financial factors. There is nothing more to acquire but a further seceding of power and acceptance of inferiority to the master

_________________
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:47 am
Posts: 6932
:lol:

_________________
"I watched a lot football last year when I was out in Spain. I was really disappointed with the quality of the premier league. I have got to say what has happened in the summer with the managers and the influx of more players I think this is going to be our best season."
Gary Neville - Man United vs S.Hampton 08/20/2016


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 14704
Location: Here
jette1 wrote:
This gesture is simply layered in a conquered mind; even when financial power and independence means you have to give the master more of your already earned cash to acquire more affirmation and stamp of approval. If Eto wasn't still tied to the never ending vestiges of enslavement why would he not establish a business institute of his own right there in Cameroon


Did you read the article?

Quote:
"I want to help and to make my positive contribution to the transformation of our continent," Eto'o told French news website Jeune Afrique.

"When you're a footballer, you pay people to take care of your career and things generally.

"But when it's up to you to manage people, and you want to develop them, you practically need to learn new skills
.

_________________
"The young Walt Disney was sacked because he lacked imagination. They advised Marilyn Monroe to become a secretary and Elvis to go back to driving a lorry."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Posts: 12000
Location: seattle
Kabalega wrote:
jette1 wrote:
This gesture is simply layered in a conquered mind; even when financial power and independence means you have to give the master more of your already earned cash to acquire more affirmation and stamp of approval. If Eto wasn't still tied to the never ending vestiges of enslavement why would he not establish a business institute of his own right there in Cameroon


Did you read the article?

Quote:
"I want to help and to make my positive contribution to the transformation of our continent," Eto'o told French news website Jeune Afrique.

"When you're a footballer, you pay people to take care of your career and things generally.

"But when it's up to you to manage people, and you want to develop them, you practically need to learn new skills
.


You simply don’t get it

_________________
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 30202
Who does? Kindly detail the preferred steps for Samwell Eto’o Brute’s forage into, what he has unashamedly declared, the unknown. Does one need education before establishing a Business institute or is, as ever the case in black Africa, money all you need?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Posts: 12000
Location: seattle
Coach wrote:
Who does? Kindly detail the preferred steps for Samwell Eto’o Brute’s forage into, what he has unashamedly declared, the unknown. Does one need education before establishing a Business institute or is, as ever the case in black Africa, money all you need?

what exactly is education, certificate?

_________________
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group