Drogba gets zero votes in Ivorien FA election

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet
Drogba gets zero votes in Ivorien FA election

Post by Comrade Machel »

:rotf: :rotf:
I like the guy a lot but this sh*t made wonder what's going on :D
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Drogba gets zero votes in Ivorien FA election

Post by danfo driver »

Comrade Machel wrote::rotf: :rotf:
Your headline is partially incorrect. Only one group has voted--the ex-players group. Out of that group of 14 ex-players or so, he got zero votes. 11 voted for the current president, zero voted for the 3rd candidate and 3 abstained.

Presently, members of the Active Footballers Association, the coaches, referees and the physios are yet to cast their votes.

Election in Africa is different. Defeating an incumbent is almost impossible. You think those 3 who abstained did not vote because they dont like to vote? :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

danfo driver wrote:
Your headline is partially incorrect. Only one group has voted--the ex-players group. Out of that group of 14 ex-players or so, he got zero votes. 11 voted for the current president, zero voted for the 3rd candidate and 3 abstained.

Presently, members of the Active Footballers Association, the coaches, referees and the physios are yet to cast their votes.

Election in Africa is different. Defeating an incumbent is almost impossible. You think those 3 who abstained did not vote because they dont like to vote? :lol: :lol:
Maybe they forgot or it got "lost".
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

danfo driver wrote:

Thanks chief. But it makes it more remarkable doesn't it. Ex players are the sort of people I would expect to hold Didier in high esteem. No?
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Maybe because he more French than Ivorien,
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

cchinukw wrote:Maybe because he more French than Ivorien,
Read this

https://mobile.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePa ... bat-937039
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

pajimoh wrote:
Read this

Those who know how politics in Africa work, know! :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

danfo driver wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Read this

Exactly. A while back I listened to his interview on a french media and the guy was letting out the truth about African football and Ivorian football in particular. Let's just say DD spoke like westerners. I thought to myself unless people are really looking for true change he will have a hard time.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

joplass wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Read this

Exactly. A while back I listened to his interview on a french media and the guy was letting out the truth about African football and Ivorian football in particular. Let's just say DD spoke like westerners. I thought to myself unless people are really looking for true change he will have a hard time.
Well I'm not sure DD was hard done by.
Why should they vote for DD, because he played with them? Is that all the criteria required?

According to the ex players, the guy they voted for sponsored them to do their badge and have a career in football management.
The guy is also active in the national league and has been VP for a while.

It shows the guy knows how to invest in ex footballers to the benefit of Ivorian football.
He also has a track record in management.

Yes, they might also owe him a favour.

Compare the guy to DD that has no track record in football management. He's not held any post for anyone to know his capabilities. He announced his candidacy on French radio.
He did not inform his old pals about his intention to run.
The question is, was he expecting people to just vote for him because his name is DD?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

pajimoh wrote:
joplass wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Read this

Why should they vote for DD, because he played with them? Is that all the criteria required?

According to the ex players, the guy they voted for sponsored them to do their badge and have a career in football management.

It shows the guy knows how to invest in ex footballers to the benefit of Ivorian football.

Compare the guy to DD that has no track record in football management. He's not held any post for anyone to know his capabilities. He announced his candidacy on French radio.
The question is, was he expecting people to just vote for him because his name is DD?
Thank you people think he can just walk in and win election because he was a great player.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

kajifu wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
joplass wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Read this

Thank you people think he can just walk in and win election because he was a great player.
You mean to say great Chelsea player; he won nothing for CIV
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

reminder of the good old days of the aesc camp lead by yaya vs the drogba camp.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...even if he win they will, as usual in Africa, handicap and suffocate him.
Unless he belong to the ruling or governing party.
Government owns football in Africa.
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

Africa politics is really bad..In Nigeria, CIV, Camerooun, Ghana, ex footballers cant break in, into these federations..
I would advise Drogba to be patient and play the waiting game, if he talks a lot, he could end up like Segun Odegbami aspiring to be NFF chairman. This is not to say that Segun odegbami has not been successful in other spheres of life.
Finally, when people /footballers make their money abroad, they are less generous in giving free meals, cash etc, this is their greatest undoing in Football Federation politics..
afc##