Arteta's white privilege

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Arteta's white privilege

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

[/video]

Look and look closer. Does this man come across as a leader with conviction that's willing to stick to his guns and take risks based on his beliefs?

What has he done to justify his selection as coach other than say the right things and know the right people? Is he any more knowledgeable than Makalele, Viera or Thuram? There seems to be an unjustifiable aura around him that he knows it all. He's the messiah..... the one that will save a sinking ship but he has never led before as a coach yet millions are ok with him steering the titanic.
This is the most subtle kind of white privilege. He never had to prove his capabilities on his own but he's given the top job without much hassle but a salary negotiation.

I don't buy it. I see an empty suit with the right looks and personality but I don't see a leader. I just don't see him getting any more out of Pepe,Lacazette or Luis. Yes he was a great player but that's not a requirement for good coaching.Time will tell but I'm willing to bet that he'll be gone in a year.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arteta's white privilege

Post by maceo4 »

What about the example of Henry?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:[/video]

Look and look closer. Does this man come across as a leader with conviction that's willing to stick to his guns and take risks based on his beliefs?

What has he done to justify his selection as coach other than say the right things and know the right people? Is he any more knowledgeable than Makalele, Viera or Thuram? There seems to be an unjustifiable aura around him that he knows it all. He's the messiah..... the one that will save a sinking ship but he has never led before as a coach yet millions are ok with him steering the titanic.
This is the most subtle kind of white privilege. He never had to prove his capabilities on his own but he's given the top job without much hassle but a salary negotiation.

I don't buy it. I see an empty suit with the right looks and personality but I don't see a leader. I just don't see him getting any more out of Pepe,Lacazette or Luis. Yes he was a great player but that's not a requirement for good coaching.Time will tell but I'm willing to bet that he'll be gone in a year.
what privilege did you use to appoint Rohr? Age privilege?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Viera deserves the job. I agree this is White privilege indeed.
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

:rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Another Arsenal related thread they refuse to merge because its their team!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

danfo driver wrote:Another Arsenal related thread they refuse to merge because its their team!
DD, just to let you know, I am actually monitoring Jagsban's thread to see if it is F&F material. I was initially considering merging until the yabs were being traded.

This thread has been framed as a white privilege topic and is wider than Arsenal club. As you can see, Rohr has been brought into the conversation event though in jest.

Hope that helps and thanks for raising this. :thumb:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This is a assanal thread...they are discussing the manager.. yall can carry on ....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

airwolex wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Bigpokey24 wrote:This is a assanal thread...they are discussing the manager.. yall can carry on ....
Is Rohr also the Arsenal manager?

Is this about Arsenal, about the topic of white privilege or yabbis? I go ask 1Naija wetin dem dey put for that una Houston turkey :sneaky:

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Rhor + our FA, aka season tkt holder, chief = Arsenal, so dis na all Nigerian thread :biggrin:
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

How these guys dey take do am? :scared:

Alan Pardew appointed head coach of Dutch club ADO Den Haag
Daniel Zeqiri
24 DECEMBER 2019 • 10:37AM
Follow

Alan Pardew returns to football...but not as you might think CREDIT: PA

Alan Pardew will return to football as head coach of ADO Den Haag, the Dutch club have confirmed.

Pardew has been out of work since a short and unsuccessful stint at West Bromwich Albion and will be tasked with improving the fortunes of Den Haag who sit three points from safety in the Eredivisie.

The former Crystal Palace player has coached exclusively in England - with spells at Reading, West Ham United, Charlton Athletic, Southampton, Newcastle United and Crystal Palace on his CV - but will now try his hand in Holland.

In a statement on Den Haag's official website, Pardew said: "The team is in a difficult period, but we will do everything we can to turn the tide. We must all do by sticking together - the players, the staff, the staff and the fans. Together we can try and come back."

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

Pardew follows in the footsteps of fellow English coach Steve McClaren by moving to Holland, who enjoyed one season at FC Twente in 2012-13.

Further back, Sir Bobby Robson won consecutive league titles with PSV Eindhoven in 1991 and 1992, working with players of the calibre of Brazilian forward Romario.

Pardew's previous job at West Brom was tarnished by suggestions of indiscipline, including one notorious incident in Barcelona when four players - Jonny Evans, Gareth Barry, Jake Livermore and Boaz Myhill - were accused of stealing a taxi. The players subsequently apologised.

Reflecting on his time at the Hawthorns in an exclusive interview with Telegraph Sport, Pardew said: "You have to be honest and accept that it didn't work out. Sometimes you can lose the squad and I have to accept that happened.”

The Eredivisie is currently on its annual winter break, but Pardew will have a presentable chance to make a winning start when Den Haag return against rock-bottom RKC Waalwijk on January 19.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... -den-haag/

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

He is taking along former Charlton Manager, Chris Powell

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -Haag.html

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Please Merge this useless thread
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

wale1974 wrote:Please Merge this useless thread
With?

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Nothing privileged about Den Haag, deep in the doldrums, who better than a Field Marshall, custodian of the fine art? If not Samwell, biggest of the Bigs, then Akwa Akwuru Pardew is able and ready.