Somalia don yab us finish. They have their first WC win too!

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Somalia don yab us finish. They have their first WC win too!

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Somalia national team. They have imitated the kit of our WC nemesis

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... instructor

Somalia stunned Zimbabwe for first World Cup qualifying win

Second leg in Harare, which we’ll be streaming live, coming up tomorrow
Players from both sides look forward to the big match
It’s the upset everyone has been talking about. The highest-ranked team in the first round of African preliminaries beaten by the lowest, as Somalia earned their first-ever FIFA World Cup™ qualifying win.

“It’s a giant-killing when you think about it,” Somalia centre-half Mohamud Ali, a driving instructor by trade in the English city of Manchester, said of their 1-0 win over Zimbabwe.

"It was very emotional, very emotional, just knowing that millions of people would be watching the game in every single corner of the world. My brother gave the assist [for Anwar Sayid Ali’s 86th-minute winning goal] and we just had a moment hugging on the pitch.”

Wha choo looking at?!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Somalia don yab us finish. They have their first WC win

Post by Kabalega »

After the victory against Zimbabwe there was a harsh return to reality. “I came back on the Friday and on Saturday we had a game but I didn’t expect to be playing,” he says. “I was knackered and we got beat 4-0 but I got man of the match.

“I then rested, saw my family but on my second day back working I had a new client, who said: ‘Are you a footballer?’ I said: ‘I literally just came back from international duty. I play for Somalia.’ And he knew the captain from Zimbabwe, Alec Mudimu, who lives in Manchester.
So all these teams (9ja Eagles, Zimbabwe, Somalia...) are chockfull of ajebutters? :P
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Kabalega wrote:
After the victory against Zimbabwe there was a harsh return to reality. “I came back on the Friday and on Saturday we had a game but I didn’t expect to be playing,” he says. “I was knackered and we got beat 4-0 but I got man of the match.

“I then rested, saw my family but on my second day back working I had a new client, who said: ‘Are you a footballer?’ I said: ‘I literally just came back from international duty. I play for Somalia.’ And he knew the captain from Zimbabwe, Alec Mudimu, who lives in Manchester.
So all these teams (9ja Eagles, Zimbabwe, Somalia...) are chockfull of ajebutters? :P
Apparently ajebutters play football better than ajepakis :mrgreen:

Wha choo looking at?!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Apparently ajebutters play football better than ajepakis :mrgreen:
Do they?

The Naija Eagles have provided ample proof of mediocrity relative to population ....
But so have S.A, Ethiopia, & Kenya. :taunt:
Congo has legit excuses....
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu