Sadio Mane wins African Footballer of Year

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Sadio Mane wins African Footballer of Year

Post by txj »

Congratulations Sadio!

Sadio Mane! A Liverpool FC legend...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sadio Mane wins African Footballer of Year

Post by txj »

The Liverpool star has won the prize for the first time, holding off competition from his club team-mate and the Man City winger
Sadio Mane has beaten Liverpool team-mate Mohamed Salah and Manchester City's Riyad Mahrez to the CAF African Player of the Year award for 2019.

Mane was a standout player as Liverpool went all the way in the 2018-19 Champions League, while he has also enjoyed a strong start to the 2019-20 Premier League campaign.

The Senegal international placed in the top three in each of the previous three years, finishing runner-up to Salah in 2017 and 2018, and third in 2016, when Mahrez came first.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/mane-be ... 8l64lb1pvr
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Arguably an African great. One of the continent’s best ever. GOATs even. Isi-ewu?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
OCCUPY NFF!!
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Certainly well deserved
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Kai this was a guy who some claim Walcott was better than him.Aaaagh Arsenal miss the closes thing to Messi
Congrats Mane
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Absolute beast!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Very well deserved and beat an outstanding field of competitors.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

[/video]
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

extremely good player and individual!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

A good mentor too. Many African players in EPL, frequently gets calls and support from Sadio. Nice guy.
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...deserved!
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Very well deserved.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

marko wrote:extremely good player and individual!
Good ke? One of the best players in the world today, you are calling merely good? My only complaint about Mane is that he does not play as well for Senegal as he does for Liverpool, though that may be the fault of the Senegalese coach.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

ohsee wrote:
Good ke? One of the best players in the world today, you are calling merely good? My only complaint about Mane is that he does not play as well for Senegal as he does for Liverpool, though that may be the fault of the Senegalese coach.
and you are from Nigeria but pay tax to Canada; bro i cant believe you left nyash open like this. we are all guilty by association but when put in proper perspective the brutalization of Africa goes on for the next 100 yrs.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

One of the best in the World. Not sure Liverpool would be as dominant without him. A real Legend of the game.
-Simpli fy -
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

He is a descendant of Kwame Nkrumah :mad: :lol:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Just imagine how unstoppable he'd be if he wasnt brain dead. Tufiakwa! One of the dumbest footballers out there. So much talent and ability, very sad.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote:Just imagine how unstoppable he'd be if he wasnt brain dead. Tufiakwa! One of the dumbest footballers out there. So much talent and ability, very sad.
Parody. It's no longer possible to take you seriously. A shame.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

jette1 wrote:
ohsee wrote:
and you are from Nigeria but pay tax to Canada; bro i cant believe you left nyash open like this. we are all guilty by association but when put in proper perspective the brutalization of Africa goes on for the next 100 yrs.
:lol: :lol:
I was priming my weapons for a devastating riposte, but I remembered that I had promised not to yab you any more. Please learn to make suitable comparisons. And stop pushing your luck. :idea:

Do I work for Nigeria, or for a Nigerian government company? Do I use any Nigerian amenities? Did I get any training in Nigeria? Do I have a Nigerian passport?

Sadio Mane plays, i.e., works for Senegal. As a professional, he should do his job at the same level of competence wherever he agrees to work. :idea: