Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:25 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:15 pm 

Kai, these decisions by those operating the VAR are simply sham. That first pk saw the ball saved before Aurier stepped on Aguero. Was the call correct? IMO, YES. The second, the GK misses ball entirely and clearly fouls Sterling. VAR says no pk. IMO, the second is also a pk. GK misses ball completely and fouls Sterling.

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:20 pm 

Enugu II wrote:
Kai, these decisions by those operating the VAR are simply sham. That first pk saw the ball saved before Aurier stepped on Aguero. Was the call correct? IMO, YES. The second, the GK misses ball entirely and clearly fouls Sterling. VAR says no pk. IMO, the second is also a pk. GK misses ball completely and fouls Sterling.

OK :veryangry: how about the Sterling tackle on Dele?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:21 pm 

Enugu II wrote:

What about the red card miss that Sterling should have head to early shower?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:48 pm 
Site Admin

Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Enugu II wrote:

I have said this from the get-go that EPL refs are conspiring to discredit VAR's effectiveness.

The system has to be tweaked.

They should borrow a leaf from the NFL that constantly tweaks its Instant Replay with the aim of getting it right.

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:53 pm 

Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

I have said this from the get-go that EPL refs are conspiring to discredit VAR's effectiveness.

They should borrow a leaf from the NFL that constantly tweaks its Instant Replay with the aim of getting it right.

I have sometimes thought that VAR implementation in the PL is the revenge of the refs

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:16 pm 

...the VAR review of Sterling v Lloris the GK is correct. No pk.
Note, Sterling did touch the ball first but ball was going out of bounds, that even if the goalie never touched him he would not have gotten the ball back.
So no clear goal scoring chance, no pk.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:23 pm 

mcal wrote:
Note, Sterling did touch the ball first but ball was going out of bounds, that even if the goalie never touched him he would not have gotten the ball back.

Does a penalty call hinge on a "goal scoring chance" or simply a foul in the box?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:22 pm 

bushboy wrote:
mcal wrote:

Does a penalty call hinge on a "goal scoring chance" or simply a foul in the box?

He's watching too much NFL football!

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:32 am 
Site Admin

Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
txj wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:

I have sometimes thought that VAR implementation in the PL is the revenge of the refs

There's some truth to your suspicion.

It is rather obvious if you ask me. :?

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:55 am 

Is that all you saw?

Zinchenko on Moura?
Sterling on Alli?
Fernandinho on Ndombele?

And these are from one match. There is enough backlog wahala from previous meetings.

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:16 am 

mcal wrote:

You are confusing matters here. The analysis you gave here is for considering if a red should be issued or not. In the case of penalty, it does not matter if Raheem was facing the goal or Baltimore,it is a simple was there a contact? If yes, then it is a foul and because it happened in the penalty box a penalty.

That said, for how long will keepers continue to dive at the feet of players knowing their body momentum would also end up fouling a player everytime they fail to make a contact with the ball. I have been seeing this silly attempt by keepers to win the ball from when I was a kid and I am so sick of it now, I have no sympathy for keepers who still dive in for the ball at the feet of players. 9 out of ten when they do it, it results in a penalty.

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:19 am 

As for the VAR in the EPL, it does not matter what tool you use, place it in the hands of compromised incompetent morons, the result would still be the same. All we are seeing with the abuse of the VAR is the confirmation of how bent these officials are, we now know that they deliberately make those atrocious calls we take for mistake before the coming of VAR.

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:08 pm 

bushboy wrote:
mcal wrote:

...nope, dangerous play, high boot, etc...but this is not, as even slo-mo replayed showed Sterling initiated or was looking for that touch.
They did review it at least.
If and only if, Lloris the goalie feigned the dive without an outstretched arms the player will still go down, he has advance the ball so far out and looking for contact.