Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:21 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:47 pm
Posts: 826
Location: Tora Bora
Football's governing body in Africa has been shown to be in a state of disarray, an audit has revealed.

The investigation into the Confederation of African Football (Caf) questioned the body's accounting, its governance, and its payments.

Amongst other details, the audit, carried out by Pricewaterhouse Coopers (PwC), found that:

Caf's accounting was "unreliable and not trustworthy"
Some 35 of 40 large payments, totalling $8.3m, were "unusual" or had "little or no supporting documentation"
Caf is "understaffed" with an "overworked" and "demotivated" workforce
Caf's presidential office was "directly involved" in the controversial decision to employ Tactical Steel, a little-known gym equipment manufacturer, to become a key supplier of sportswear

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/african

_________________
Active member of the JOM & JM Fan Clubs. Baba Eleran of Chelsea FC.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:39 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:44 pm
Posts: 15678
Location: Toronto, Canada
...in other news, the sky is blue!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

_________________
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:30 pm
Posts: 23101
SylverEagles wrote:
...in other news, the sky is blue!! :roll: :roll: :roll:



:D

_________________
Patience Africa (1976)- Bhula Sangoma
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j8ZDMLRbhtA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:04 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 33597
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
At least exposure and admittance is a start.

It's what they do with the recommendations going forward that matters.

For that they need transformational leadership to make a difference.

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Lets go Arsenal 2020!

I am German when we win and Turkish when we lose - Mesut Ozil.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:47 pm
Posts: 826
Location: Tora Bora
Infantino is gutting CAF. An organization handling millions is being run like a parking garage.

cchinukw wrote:
At least exposure and admittance is a start.

It's what they do with the recommendations going forward that matters.

For that they need transformational leadership to make a difference.

_________________
Active member of the JOM & JM Fan Clubs. Baba Eleran of Chelsea FC.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:38 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 33597
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
Olayemi14 wrote:
Infantino is gutting CAF. An organization handling millions is being run like a parking garage.

cchinukw wrote:
At least exposure and admittance is a start.

It's what they do with the recommendations going forward that matters.

For that they need transformational leadership to make a difference.

Which period are they auditing?

Also, there should be no surprises about the governance findings. The NFF could do with a root and branch inspection of it's systems and proper independent audit of the books.

It is not a bad thing, the press sensational reporting not withstanding.

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Lets go Arsenal 2020!

I am German when we win and Turkish when we lose - Mesut Ozil.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 14979
Location: Here
Looks like Ahmad does not trust Hayatou's people and vice versa.

One of the complaints is that he got rid of a 2K Puma deal for a million dollar deal with his buddy's firm.
Caught with their hands in the cookie jar, they returned the money.

But one wonders whom Puma bribed to get such a deal to start with.
That needs to be investigated too.

_________________
"The young Walt Disney was sacked because he lacked imagination. They advised Marilyn Monroe to become a secretary and Elvis to go back to driving a lorry."


Last edited by Kabalega on Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:47 pm
Posts: 826
Location: Tora Bora
FIFA took over CAF immediately after the ANC. These issues might date back to Hayatou but also, covers the current management. This is really bad and embarrassing regardless of how we spin it.

cchinukw wrote:
Olayemi14 wrote:
Infantino is gutting CAF. An organization handling millions is being run like a parking garage.

cchinukw wrote:
At least exposure and admittance is a start.

It's what they do with the recommendations going forward that matters.

For that they need transformational leadership to make a difference.

Which period are they auditing?

Also, there should be no surprises about the governance findings. The NFF could do with a root and branch inspection of it's systems and proper independent audit of the books.

It is not a bad thing, the press sensational reporting not withstanding.

_________________
Active member of the JOM & JM Fan Clubs. Baba Eleran of Chelsea FC.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:02 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 33597
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
Olayemi14 wrote:
FIFA took over CAF immediately after the ANC. These issues might date back to Hayatou but also, covers the current management. This is really bad and embarrassing regardless of how we spin it.

cchinukw wrote:
Olayemi14 wrote:
Infantino is gutting CAF. An organization handling millions is being run like a parking garage.

cchinukw wrote:
At least exposure and admittance is a start.

It's what they do with the recommendations going forward that matters.

For that they need transformational leadership to make a difference.

Which period are they auditing?

Also, there should be no surprises about the governance findings. The NFF could do with a root and branch inspection of it's systems and proper independent audit of the books.

It is not a bad thing, the press sensational reporting not withstanding.

Bro, where we differ is you think this is a bad thing. I am not bothered about the findings as much as what happens from here on.

Its better its all out in the open than for the body to continue groping in the dark.

An audit report like that should have a number of recommendations to the board which if acted on should be a start at reversing the negative culture.

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Lets go Arsenal 2020!

I am German when we win and Turkish when we lose - Mesut Ozil.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group