Who Is The Best EPL Goalie Ever?

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Who Is The Best EPL Goalie Ever?

Post by Kabalega »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52097923
Match of the Day: Top 10 podcast - Premier League goalkeepers

You can rank your favourite goalkeeper below
Clean sheets are crucial and there have been plenty of match-saving goalkeepers to have played in the Premier League - but who is the greatest?

That was the subject discussed by Gary Lineker, Alan Shearer and Ian Wright on the latest edition of the Match of The Day: Top 10 podcast and we want you to get involved by ranking your favourites from a shortlist drawn up by the Match of the Day commentary team.

To hear the MOTD team's final selections - recorded during a debate held in Lineker's kitchen, before the coronavirus outbreak in the UK - make sure you listen to the podcast on BBC Sounds.

And at the bottom of the page have a go at ranking the 10 players yourself.

Listen to the third episode of Match of the Day: Top 10
Watch Match of the Day: Top 10 - goalscorers
How to judge the Premier League's greatest goalkeeper?

Goalkeepers in the past had to be good with only their hands, keeping the ball out of the net, but there is a growing emphasise on outfield skills too.

"The goalkeeping position has evolved massively," says Lineker. "They have become more part of the football team because they have to play with their feet."

Shearer said: "When we started out, the goalkeeper had to keep the ball out of the goal, that was his job. Now he has got to be able to play."

Asked if he studied goalkeepers before going into games, Wright said: "Definitely. For example, I knew former Coventry goalkeeper Steve Ogrizovic always liked to pat the ball down and then catch it so any shot that went in he used to do that. Anything that was coming in, I would just go in for."

Here is my list.
What's your list?

https://ranked-list-images.files.bbci.c ... f4ec8.html
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu