Lampard and his terrible case of White fragility

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Lampard and his terrible case of White fragility

Post by marko »

Prince wrote:On Lampards case I think it is more a case of nepotism, he got his first job based on recommendation by his Uncle and he took that opportunity.
It is sometimes easier for kids of ex-players, Troy Deeney just drops his kids at Watford academy are you going to question him? Most kids fight tooth and nail with parents travelling miles to get a sniff of that academy. What those kids now choose to do with it is up to them.

In the industry we work in our kids stand a better chance than most.

On Steven Gerard a bit like John Barnes, Kenny Dalglish brought him in at Celtic. Started signing oldies like Ian Wright. A lot of them are now in Academy coaching so I think change will come
Yes i agree, sometimes, its who you know, personal recommendation goes a long way, perhaps new legislation is required to ensure ethnic minorities are considered for top coaching roles, similar to what you have in the US, i always get that feeling a black European coach stands a better chance of getting a premiership role than a British one, see no reason why a Rio Ferdinand who is quite popular cannot get a coaching job, he certainly looks the part and is still involved in the game, also a Patrick Viera, but lets develop the league in Africa to world standards so we can give opportunities to Nigerian ex-international, many of who have gone into coaching, stop hiring Europeans who have done nothing to improve African football except their own pocket
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

kalani JR wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
marko wrote:
Rawlings wrote:
metalalloy wrote:He is English. He is looking for an equal opportunity in his country. You are not making any sense.
Many Nigerian (black) coaches, in Nigeria, are looking for equal opportunities in their country; NFA prefers Oyibo coach.
If we don't even trust our own, how do u expect Oyibo to trust their own blacks?
Charity begins at home
You guys don't think you are being a bit unfair here? NFF hires mainly Nigerians (retired internationals) for youth teams and has hired Nigerians for the top coaching job in the country. Argument could be they treat their own worse in those positions, and expect them to suffer their incompetence but do try to give the oyinbo coaches more of what they desire. But at the end of the day there are only a few of these National positions, but it seems that's the only position these guys are waiting out for. I guess the local league is not attractive enough for them to work in? All comes down to the development of our game/league back home, if we had things working properly it would attract more of our retired players to develop their CVs locally and expand to other African countries before ever having to consider Europe.
Yeah, they have done poorly with supporting local coaches but they have not been hesitant to hire them especially when compared to the WOWOs in Ghana, CIV and Cameroon.
Mods?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Kunle
Egg
Egg

Post by Kunle »

marko wrote:Like i said, how can we explain white privilege in Africa? how can European 3rd rate coaches come to Africa, get paid 30,000 USD a month, live in their home countries and we accept it on this forum, Swedish coach Lagerback came to Nigeria with a power point slide and got a 300,000 6 months contract and refused to renew it after the shambles of that world cup, yes there is racism is Europe, it is evident and yes it is overt, Raheem Sterling has a point, Lampard did not get his job based on his CV, yes we know that, There is nothing about racism that has not been discussed on this forum, what do we do about it? is there anything stopping Africa from developing our league to European / South American standards ? considering the amounts of money they loot from the continent? imagine if we just had a world class league in Africa, we can easily hire all these black European coaches like Sol Campbell and the likes, give them a chance to excel and let people notice their abilities, just the same way Samson Sia Sia showed his coaching abilities on the world stage, what do we do instead, we hire European journey men in Africa, pay them large salaries and dont give our fellow black coaches the same opportunities, how many black people coach European national teams? its time we need to start building inwards, we can do it, time for us to stop playing the victim, Africa should lead the charge!
On point :clap: :clap:
KK
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

kajifu wrote:
marko wrote:Lets develop our leagues in Africa! Then we can hire our own! We do have a lot of white coaches in Africa, how do we explain this? White privilege works in Africa as well?
Ha it works in Africa oooh,go and apply for a job in nigeria and a white man come and apply for that same job with less experience than you.
Ask yourself why that is so.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

furiously frank wrote:Is it me or Lampard sure has some serious white fragility and entitlement syndrome? Just watch his video responding to Raheem on his privilege vis a vis Sol Campbell and others. He got so defensive, talking about how he worked hard before becoming Chelsea coach. Dude, if you don’t think your whiteness, and privilege pave the way for you, then you are seriously lost. How many players from your generation that are black get to coach a world class team at this level? Like Drogba, Makalele, Ashley Coles are not as hardworking as you? Give me a break!
why only Lampard, who did assanal hire? they chose Mikel Arteta. whereas Sol Campbell was ignored
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
furiously frank wrote:Is it me or Lampard sure has some serious white fragility and entitlement syndrome? Just watch his video responding to Raheem on his privilege vis a vis Sol Campbell and others. He got so defensive, talking about how he worked hard before becoming Chelsea coach. Dude, if you don’t think your whiteness, and privilege pave the way for you, then you are seriously lost. How many players from your generation that are black get to coach a world class team at this level? Like Drogba, Makalele, Ashley Coles are not as hardworking as you? Give me a break!
why only Lampard, who did assanal hire? they chose Mikel Arteta. whereas Sol Campbell was ignored
Arsenal has never fired a black manager, Chelsea has.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

kalani JR wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
has assanal ever hired a black manager?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
has assanal ever hired a black manager?
They've never fired one, Chelsea on the other hand was only too happy to send another one on the dole.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/56438397

N'Golo Kante delivered a man-of-the-match performance as Chelsea swept Atletico Madrid aside to reach the quarter-finals of the Champions League.

The 29-year-old was imperious throughout - bringing back memories of how he propelled the Blues and Leicester to Premier League titles in successive seasons.

And it seems the French World Cup winner has already won an admirer in Thomas Tuchel, who took over as Chelsea manager in January.

"If you play with N'Golo you always play with a minimum half a man more; this is unique," said the German.

"It is a pleasure to be his coach, he is a big gift for me, a guy so, so humble, and who is such a big helper on the pitch.

"But don't underestimate his quality in passing, dribbling and escaping the pressure. Mateo Kovacic and N'Golo needed to step up because we missed Jorginho. They knew we would rely on them, and they delivered."

When is the Champions League quarter-final draw and who is through?
'He looks about five years younger'
Kante has already beaten the number of tackles and interceptions he made during last season's injury-hit campaign and is on course to improve on his Premier League figures from the 2018-19 season.

Against Atletico he superbly subdued the Spanish side by winning possession a remarkable 13 times - more than any player on either side and also had the second most touches and passes in the game.

Former Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole described Kante's showing as "sensational".

"Not only does he have the physical capabilities, he's got that canny ability to be in the right place at the right time," Cole said on BT Sport.

"Players don't get round him. It's like having two men in there in one. He looks about five years younger again. He is back to his best. He dribbles. He can pass. He's fantastic."

Fellow pundit Rio Ferdinand added: "He's like a magnet to the ball. He looks like the Kante that played for Leicester when they won the league."

Complete Kante
Speaking on BBC Radio 5 Live, former Chelsea and England winger Carney said Kante and Kovacic should be held up as examples to young players learning their trade.

"If you want to be a midfielder, you just have to watch them play. They are brilliant," Carney said.

"They're brave in possession and they get it in tight areas and play out. A lot of people criticise Kante and say he's only a defensive midfielder. He was dribbling he was driving. They completely dominated and it wasn't as if they were up against average midfielders."

Ferdinand echoed those sentiments, adding: "He's doing both sides of the game now, he's winning the ball but when there's a transition he can get up and beyond things."
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

The media is quiet about Lampard.

They used to push the narrative that Lampard is very intelligent and therefore will make a good manager because he got some A grades in A Level or something

But what is happening now is something :laugh:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

benteke wrote:The media is quiet about Lampard.

They used to push the narrative that Lampard is very intelligent and therefore will make a good manager because he got some A grades in A Level or something

I am really sad he was sacked ,i wanted him stay and take chelsea to mid table.
Lampard is so poor its shocking how he get a job over likes of Drogba at chelsea because of been a caucasian
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...his A grade is in the classroom, who knows, could have been attained via 'expo' :laugh:
Football winnings is on the field and street smart.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

kajifu wrote:

I am really sad he was sacked ,i wanted him stay and take chelsea to mid table.
Lampard is so poor its shocking how he get a job over likes of Drogba at chelsea because of been a caucasian
Drogba is coaching :???:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

Im not a fan of all these new age 'woke science' theories. White Privilege, White Fragility etc... Let's simply examine the facts and stop labelling yanfu yanfu. It's tiring.