EPL Ref & VAR-Tainted-Really Cheating for Man U

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg
EPL Ref & VAR-Tainted-Really Cheating for Man U

Post by ojafranpa »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... nalty.html

'Is the VAR broken? Serious question': Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish rages as Wilfried Zaha is denied a penalty just minutes before Manchester United's opener as even Rio Ferdinand admits Roy Hodgson's side are hard done by
Crystal Palace thought they should have been awarded a first-half penalty
It came when Victor Lindelof appeared to bring down winger Wilfried Zaha
Stockley Park did investigate the incident but decided not to award a penalty
Manchester United opened the scoring minutes later through Marcus Rashford
Crystal Palace also had a goal disallowed in the second half by VAR for offside
Chairman Steve Parish was unhappy with VAR not awarding a penalty

Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish has blasted VAR after his side were denied a penalty moments before Manchester United scored the opener during their Premier League clash.

The home side felt as though they should have been awarded a penalty after Wilfried Zaha was brought to the floor by Victor Lindelof.

Stockley Park did look at the incident but decided that it was not worthy of stopping play to award a penalty.

Crystal Palace suffered a bigger blow just minutes later when Marcus Rashford spun the home side's defence and placed the ball into the net.
Parish has tweeted: 'Is the VAR broken? Serious question.

'How can they look at Sakho 'handball' for minutes to 'make their mind up' and not even give that a glance! It's a stonewall nailed on penalty even the most one-eyed Man U fans know it.'

Parish's comments regarding Sakho are in relation to his goal which was disallowed during their 2-0 defeat to Aston Villa.

The goal was ruled out for handball, though the ball appeared to go in off Sakho's shoulder.
During their half-time coverage BT Sport pundits including Rio Ferdinand as well as ex-referee Peter Walton agreed that Palace should have been awarded a penalty.

Ferdinand said the connection Lindelof made with Zaha was enough for Crystal Palace to ask questions.

He said: 'I think it's a penalty. Wilfried's a very tricky customer in that area - one of the most fouled players in the league.
There's connection with his foot. There is connection with the ball, I must add, and that's where VAR probably took it from.

'But, if I'm a Palace player, I'm sitting asking questions, like why have we not got a penalty there? I'd say that is. I'm an honest guy.'

Owen Hargreaves who also provided punditry said: 'It is a clear and obvious foul, and they wouldn't have overturned it if the referee had given it on the field.

'Zaha does a step-over while Lindelof goes for the ball. They come together at the same time. I think it's clear and obvious. I don't know how they missed it. If it isn't clear, go to the monitor.'

Robbie Savage added: 'I don't know why Lindelof is challenging there. Rio always says stay on your feet.

'Yes he gets a touch on the ball, but he kicks through the back of Zaha.

'Zaha's doing a stepover, it's a definite penalty. He's kicked through Zaha. It's a penalty.'

Things got worse for Crystal Palace when they thought they had bagged an equaliser in the second-half through Jordan Ayew's finish at the far post.

But after a lengthy VAR inspection, the striker was ruled offside by the thinnest of margins.
Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson was disappointed after the game after two VAR calls changed the game for his team.

He said: 'Referees these days, you never see them because they're miles away, aren't they?

'I thought that the referee could have easily given the penalty on the field, and he didn't. Then the people in the office somewhere in Hounslow ruled against that one as well.

'Then apparently the other one was one of those hair-fine decisions, which one finds hard to take.
'Now we have to come to terms with the new reality that you're celebrating and you think you've scored a good goal, one that we tried so hard to score, that type of goal, and then have it taken away from you by some hair-fine decision.

'The important thing for me tonight is that we played so well, that's good after a performance on Sunday that I wasn't so pleased with.

'But it's tough for the players. I feel really sorry for them tonight because if there was ever a game where I should be standing here congratulating them on A, the performance, and B, the result, tonight was the night.
In the end Manchester United won 2-0 thanks to goals by Rashford and Anthony Martial.

Rashford when asked about Crystal Palace's penalty call in the first-half, he said: ' With VAR you really don't really know what to expect.

'We can only react to the decision that's made and I think that's something for both teams that can be difficult at times.'

With victory, Manchester United keep the heat on Chelsea and Leicester City above them in the fight for a Champions League plac
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg
Re: EPL Ref & VAR-Tainted-Really Cheating for Man U

Post by ojafranpa »

Manchester United have had SEVEN goals against them disallowed by VAR - the most in the Premier League - as rival fans fume over Jordan Ayew's goal against them being disallowed
Man United profited from two crucial VAR calls in their win at Crystal Palace
Wilfried Zaha wasn't awarded a first-half penalty when fouled by Victor Lindelof
And Jordan Ayew saw a second-half equalised ruled off for a marginal offside
United have seen more VAR decisions go their way this season than anyone else
Seven opposition goals against United have been cancelled out by VAR
Including penalties, 10 decisions have gone in United's favour with two against

The Premier League has become used to VAR controversy this season and Thursday night was no exception.

Crystal Palace found themselves wronged as two decisions went in favour of Manchester United at Selhurst Park, leading to their chairman Steve Parish asking on Twitter if the technology was broken.

Palace felt they should have been awarded a first-half penalty when Wilfried Zaha was brought to the floor by Victor Lindelof but the VAR officials at Stockley Park thought differently.

And after the break, Jordan Ayew thought he'd equalised for Palace only to be judged offside by the slightest of margins.

In news that will delight conspiracy theorists everywhere, the stats show that United have benefitted most from VAR calls this season.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's team have seen seven opposition goals cancelled out by VAR and have seen 10 overturned verdicts go in their favour overall.

Only two VAR adjudications have gone against them all season when it comes to disallowing goals or overturning on-pitch penalty decisions, according to an analysis by ESPN.

In terms of decision relating to goals, the marginal offside call against Ayew followed a series of other VAR calls going in United's favour this season

Against Liverpool in October, Sadio Mane saw a goal ruled out for handball, while in the reverse fixture at Anfield in January Roberto Firmino saw a goal chalked off after David de Gea was fouled by Virgil van Dijk.

In United's win over Chelsea in February, the Blues saw two goals disallowed by VAR - Kurt Zouma's goal was ruled out after Cesar Azpilicueta fouled Brandon Williams. Later, an Olivier Giroud goal was disallowed for offside.

In their home match with Watford in February, a goal scored by Troy Deeney was wiped after Craig Dawson handled in the build-up.

At Everton in early March, a late goal scored by Gylfi Sigurdsson was disallowed for offside.

In terms of penalty decisions, United were awarded two by VAR during their win at Norwich in October - one for a foul and one for handball - and they were given one at Manchester City in December after Bernardo Silva was adjudged to have fouled Marcus Rashford

The two VAR calls that have gone against United came against Arsenal in September when a Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang goal originally ruled out for offside stood after a check, and against Tottenham last month when a penalty awarded for a foul on Bruno Fernandes was overturned.

United's tally of seven opposition goals cancelled out by VAR is the joint-most in the Premier League along with Brighton and Southampton, just ahead of Tottenham's six.

By contrast, seven teams - Aston Villa, Bournemouth, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Everton, Manchester City and Watford - have only seen one opposition goal cancelled out by VAR.

Meanwhile, Norwich, Sheffield United, West Ham and Wolves seem to have been most wronged by VAR calls on goals and penalties overall.

West Ham have seen five goals they've scored cancelled by VAR and four opposition goals that were originally not given then awarded after VAR checks.

Sheffield United have also seen five goals they've scored ruled out and Wolves have seen four.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... s-way.html
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Varchester and Penchester United
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

VAR or not, humans are making the final decision. Refs, who are humans, have been making mistakes since the first leather was kicked I don't know when. They gave England the world biggest trophy in 1966. That is the football crime of a lifetime and here we are discussing a mare single mistake. If you want to win a football match, be ready to be better than your opponent. GO UNITED.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ojafranpa wrote:Varchester and Penchester United
People dont see that,Sir Alex still working for his boy Ole.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

The fear factor is gradually coming back :mrgreen:

Martial - Rashford - Greenwood. Please stay focused!
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *