Coach won game, top of league but got fired

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Coach won game, top of league but got fired

Post by Cristao II »

Italian youth coach Massimiliano Riccini won the game, but lost his job.

https://www.brila.net/italian-football- ... ning-27-0/

Massimiliano Riccini was sacked from his position as the head of Italian Under-18 side Invictasauro after his team recorded a 27-0 win against Marina Calcio on Saturday.
Invictasauro are currently on top of Italian their youth league, but the Club hierarchy are not happy with how the team disgraced a Marina Calcio side in a league encounter on Saturday.
Marina Calcio struggled to compete in the game as the team suffered series of injury and had to field an outfield player as goalkeeper who went on have a day to forget in goal.
However the Marina Calcio sporting director Tiberio Pratesi said the entire team was disrespected by their opponents and called for apology from Invictasauro’s management.
Following the complaint, Invictasauro president Paolo Brogelli issued an official statement confirming that Riccini has been relieved from his position.

“We were stunned and deeply regretful when hearing that our Juniores team had beaten Marina Calcio 27-0,” Brogelli said.
“The values of youth team football are antithetical to such a thing. The opponent must always be respected and that did not happen today.
“As president, I sincerely apologise to the Marina club. I announce that our directors decided, unanimously, to sack coach Riccini.
“Our coaches have the duty to train young players, but above all to educate them. That did not happen today.”

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/286 ... all-league

This is crazy!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Coach won game, top of league but got fired

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:Italian youth coach Massimiliano Riccini won the game, but lost his job.

https://www.brila.net/italian-football- ... ning-27-0/

Massimiliano Riccini was sacked from his position as the head of Italian Under-18 side Invictasauro after his team recorded a 27-0 win against Marina Calcio on Saturday.
Invictasauro are currently on top of Italian their youth league, but the Club hierarchy are not happy with how the team disgraced a Marina Calcio side in a league encounter on Saturday.
Marina Calcio struggled to compete in the game as the team suffered series of injury and had to field an outfield player as goalkeeper who went on have a day to forget in goal.
However the Marina Calcio sporting director Tiberio Pratesi said the entire team was disrespected by their opponents and called for apology from Invictasauro’s management.
Following the complaint, Invictasauro president Paolo Brogelli issued an official statement confirming that Riccini has been relieved from his position.

“We were stunned and deeply regretful when hearing that our Juniores team had beaten Marina Calcio 27-0,” Brogelli said.
The values of youth team football are antithetical to such a thing. The opponent must always be respected and that did not happen today.
“As president, I sincerely apologise to the Marina club. I announce that our directors decided, unanimously, to sack coach Riccini.
“Our coaches have the duty to train young players, but above all to educate them. That did not happen today.”

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/286 ... all-league

This is crazy!!

I was going to mention it, but he said it.

@Cristao, you are missing the point of youth football and seeing it in context of professional football.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Coach won game, top of league but got fired

Post by Molue Conductor »

hmm some might say it's disrespectful to take it easy. Maybe Ref should have cancelled the game then??