BAYERN VS BARCELONA (8-2) FT GREMAN RUTHLESSNESS!

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: BAYERN VS BARCELONA (8-2) FT GREMAN RUTHLESSNESS!

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

YUJAM wrote:Pique just said the team has hit rock bottom and offered to quit the team.
Playing to the gallery, when in actuality, he should be praying at the gallows. Has been shite for longer than one cares to remember. Pique and many others are much like the Mike Tysons of latter years, once wildebeests, now pillow fisted has beens living off ancient notoriety. Barca are a perfect example of compound foolishness, so ingrained is their “philosophy”, more so in conjecture than application that it is tantamount to suicide that they had no succession plan. From the Xavis to Iniestas and beyond, they brought players on divergent styles and believed they acquire the identity by osmosis. And when the identity itself became a pick n mix of fact, fiction and fantasy, they handed the crayons to the kids and urged them to scribble. None within the lines.

Barca are an absolute mess. Arguably beyond repair.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

A very important and absolutely necessary result for football.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

I pray it's Bayern and RB Leipzig for final.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

azuka wrote:I pray it's Bayern and RB Leipzig for final.
Hört hört! :clap:
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

I am just here laughing at the result.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Coach wrote:A very important and absolutely necessary result for football.
Is it really? Barcelona have been humiliated in the CL for three years running.

Man City need to be thrashed like this. Pep needs to experience this. :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Barca manager sacked!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YUJAM wrote:Pique just said the team has hit rock bottom and offered to quit the team.
he actually wasnt the problem today.

Lenglet and Semedo (who as involved in 7 of the 8 goals :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: ) should quit the team!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: BAYERN VS BARCELONA (6-2) 2H

Post by benteke »

toyin133 wrote:
balo wrote:Jeez.
2 - 7.
Maybe Chelsea's defense was not as bad as we thought.
2-8
Maybe Tottenham were not as bad as we thought
Results like this are understandable for a team like Spurs.

But when Barcelona is losing like this, questions have to be asked, it's not like those players at their disposal are that bad.
Same for Chelsea to an extent.

Unless Bayern wallops Manchester City and everyone else silly, then well i will salute
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

danfo driver wrote:
he actually wasnt the problem today.

Lenglet and Semedo (who as involved in 7 of the 8 goals :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: ) should quit the team!
Those two with Ter killed Barca, they combined together to gift Bayern about 5 goals.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Bayern should donate the Mom award to Semedo, the guy had a stinker for Barca, but a great game for Bayern.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

oloye wrote:Bayern should donate the Mom award to Semedo, the guy had a stinker for Barca, but a great game for Bayern.
Semedo and Lenglet aren't really meant to be more than squad players; that's their level. Lenglet only became a starter because of Umtiti's debilitating injury problems. Those two positions have needed upgrading for years and Barca failed to get it right. As for Ter Stegen, he had an unusually off night. He along with Messi at the other end are probably the two biggest reasons why Barca won anything in the previous two years with a mediocre squad.

The recruitment policy has really been a disaster. The last signings that were clear successes were Ter Stegen, Rakitic and Suarez, and that was in 2014. Since then Barca has spent about a biilion dollars on 30-odd players, mostly busts.
Last edited by lionga on Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Poch resurfaces.

lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

balo wrote:Poch resurfaces.
Not sure how Poch will work out unless a clearout is also in the offing.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Eric Abidal is out too I guess
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Coach wrote:
Playing to the gallery, when in actuality, he should be praying at the gallows. Has been shite for longer than one cares to remember. Pique and many others are much like the Mike Tysons of latter years, once wildebeests, now pillow fisted has beens living off ancient notoriety. Barca are a perfect example of compound foolishness, so ingrained is their “philosophy”, more so in conjecture than application that it is tantamount to suicide that they had no succession plan. From the Xavis to Iniestas and beyond, they brought players on divergent styles and believed they acquire the identity by osmosis. And when the identity itself became a pick n mix of fact, fiction and fantasy, they handed the crayons to the kids and urged them to scribble. None within the lines.

Barca are an absolute mess. Arguably beyond repair.
Hips don't lie!
Watch his hips on the green grass.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:Bayern should donate the Mom award to Semedo, the guy had a stinker for Barca, but a great game for Bayern.
:rotf: :rotf: I wish it was solely his fault. With this game, Setien has now sealed his fate from ever being considered by a big club ever again.

He left Semedo out to dry! Asked the kid to push up and provide width, in the absence of Griezmann and rather than play Arturo on that side, he played Arturo on the left. Semedo needed support, and yes, Setien played sergi roberto in that right side, but it was clear that there was no instruction to anyone to support Semedo when he left his position and provided width up top.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Oloye is correct.

And Lenglet is not the problem; he can play Barcelona-type football.
The problem is in Semedo who is neither a defender nor an attacker, and in Vidal who cannot play Barca football, and in a coach that started a game (& with a game plan) to play running football from the 1st minute of the game against a team (Munich) that plays running football.

In a match like this you have to play your pattern of football from the beginning of the game; instead Barca started by playing Munich pattern of football. If Barca started the game playing their pattern of football there is no way Munich will score 8 goals even with Vidal & Semedo.

Barca has a bad front office that do not scout for players; instead they look for stop-gap average players (like Semedo, Dembele, etc) and good players but who today are old tired legs like Vidal.
Munich, on the other hand, has their club former good players in the front office who assess any new players coming in.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

OBSERVATIONS

(1) As someone alluded to earlier, one must question the Barcelona m/f. It didn't seem they were there to slow down the German blitz, or to feed their strikers, leaving Suarez and co stranded.

(2) After lately watching teams pass the ball around in their backfield over and over again, it was refreshing to see BMunich send the ball upfield quickly without a lot of that.

(3) It's funny to see world class players make the same mistakes that I wouldn't in my pickup games. Did you see the Suarez goal and the run he made before he got the pass? Why did no one pick him up as he made that run? Even I saw it before it happened with his closest defender stepping away from him. That's only one of several mistakes I noticed. Even me.

(4) To my relief, there was no hydration break and here's hoping we've seen the last of that. Ditto the five subs.
Bell
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Barca is even lucky to get this far,City would have done same to them.
Barcelona will struggle to get a draw with Arteta Arsenal,Tufiakwa they are bad 8 goals in knock out stage?
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

balo wrote:
Ghanaian raised
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar