BAYERN VS BARCELONA (8-2) FT GREMAN RUTHLESSNESS!

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: BAYERN VS BARCELONA (8-2) FT GREMAN RUTHLESSNESS!

Post by mcal »

...no one is calling out the other stars because they lost today. When they win, it's Messi, Suarez, Pique, and the mow-hawk hair guy. I think they all stunk on the field badly.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

You're welcome! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV6uChHAWlc[/video]
Quique Setien's Barcelona Tactics | Has Setien Improved Barcelona? | Setien's Barca Tactics |

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFB-Ykh5oK0[/video]
Tactical Analysis: Bayern Munich 8-2 Barcelona | Flick’s Complete& Systematic Destruction Of Setien|
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

mcal wrote:...no one is calling out the other stars because they lost today. When they win, it's Messi, Suarez, Pique, and the mow-hawk hair guy. I think they all stunk on the field badly.
Messi was not even trying. Busquets should have left 3 years ago. The less said about Pique the better. Alba is gone, Suarez is a fighter but he does not have the legs anymore. Vidal never looked like he belonged there. Changing the coach ain't going to do anything. They need to dismantle that team of course but the people upstairs are just as bad. That is why the players are taking advantage of that by bullying managers.

Valverde's team was very intense when he was coaching atletico Bilbao then he came to Barcelona and then he was forced to resort to the snail pace football prefered by majority of the squad.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Barca needs to be dismantled from top to bottom. Even Messi may have to leave. He is part of the problem
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

green4life wrote:Barca manager sacked!!

If Bartolomeu had any honor he would've had his entire board resign already to trigger new elections.

Coach deserves to be sacked, but he's not the root cause of this.

Just compare the manner in which both teams have refreshed in the last three years.

As Ribery and Robben were winding down their careers, Munich was introducing Coman, Gnabry and now Sane....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:

If Bartolomeu had any honor he would've had his entire board resign already to trigger new elections.

Just compare the manner in which both teams have refreshed in the last three years.

As Ribery and Robben were winding down their careers, Munich was introducing Coman, Gnabry and now Sane....
And they tried for Odoi. Kaii!! Odoi really messed up signing on with Chelsea. I was watching the game yesterday and he would have been a starter for Bayern--- simply because Bayern wanted him. They wanted him to start for them and if he had taken the chance, the same they gave to Gnabry, he'd have done a Sancho with them. At Chelsea, he is NOT going to start games.

By the way, your last sentence indicts Bartomeu further, when you see his handling of Arthur. Replacing Arthur with a 30 year old Pjanic :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

mcal wrote:...no one is calling out the other stars because they lost today. When they win, it's Messi, Suarez, Pique, and the mow-hawk hair guy. I think they all stunk on the field badly.
Called out what? When your defence is dashing away goals what do you want them to do? God back and watch how the stars you want to criticise Messi and Suarez fought back almost immediately after the first goal and the ride of the game for about 5 mins changed. Messi hit the post, until the Semedo and Sancho decided to gift Bayern the second, then Semedo with a simple ball he should have hoofed away decided to gift Bayern another.

When you play a team in form like Bayern the last thing you want is a useless defence that helps the opponent to have the upper hand. Blame the coach who left a trojan gift in Semedo to last that long on the field, look at the other goal he gave away when that Davies boy shimied him out of the way with an eye nor see breeze, that was about the 4th goal he alone dashed away.

Even if Pele and Maradona played for Barca last night with a leakage like Semedo, they would lose. That guy gave away single handedly 5 or 5 goals, if you think I am lying, go and watch the game again.

Someone wants to blame Pique, what do you want him to do with a Semedo on the right and Singlet on the left. At some point in time I said if Pique is still the best defender in Barca, then it tells the state of the team. Pique has always been Pique but what do you expect rhim to do in a defence leaking like a vandalised NNPC pipeline?

If I wer eto blame anyone, I will blame that clueless coach on the sideline, he was out of his depth.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:

And they tried for Odoi. Kaii!! Odoi really messed up signing on with Chelsea. I was watching the game yesterday and he would have been a starter for Bayern--- simply because Bayern wanted him. They wanted him to start for them and if he had taken the chance, the same they gave to Gnabry, he'd have done a Sancho with them. At Chelsea, he is NOT going to start games.

By the way, your last sentence indicts Bartomeu further, when you see his handling of Arthur. Replacing Arthur with a 30 year old Pjanic :rotf:
Odoi na Chelsea level him dey, let him stay and recapture his form, all that running into cúl de sac nor bé am.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Barca wished their was slated for today.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Probably the best piece I've read about Barca so far:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... han-wilson
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

oloye wrote:
Called out what? When your defence is dashing away goals what do you want them to do? God back and watch how the stars you want to criticise Messi and Suarez fought back almost immediately after the first goal and the ride of the game for about 5 mins changed. Messi hit the post, until the Semedo and Sancho decided to gift Bayern the second, then Semedo with a simple ball he should have hoofed away decided to gift Bayern another.

When you play a team in form like Bayern the last thing you want is a useless defence that helps the opponent to have the upper hand. Blame the coach who left a trojan gift in Semedo to last that long on the field, look at the other goal he gave away when that Davies boy shimied him out of the way with an eye nor see breeze, that was about the 4th goal he alone dashed away.

Even if Pele and Maradona played for Barca last night with a leakage like Semedo, they would lose. That guy gave away single handedly 5 or 5 goals, if you think I am lying, go and watch the game again.

Someone wants to blame Pique, what do you want him to do with a Semedo on the right and Singlet on the left. At some point in time I said if Pique is still the best defender in Barca, then it tells the state of the team. Pique has always been Pique but what do you expect rhim to do in a defence leaking like a vandalised NNPC pipeline?

If I wer eto blame anyone, I will blame that clueless coach on the sideline, he was out of his depth.
...when any team lose big, a crucial match, there is always an escape goatee, granted Semedo and Lingelet were the ones yesterday.
I observed Messi strolling waiting as usual to get the ball and do his dance into the box
Suarez, granted a fighter, was at his old trick falling for foul or pk
The mow-hawk guy trying his damnedest to be a tough guy with huge fail
Pique was done longest time ago, it was the old Barca midfield stars (all retired now) and their tikitaka that saved them back then
Overall, Barca's weakness is their defense even back in their glory days.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

txj wrote:Probably the best piece I've read about Barca so far:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... han-wilson
Good read it was. I agree it was a rot they slid into over the years, perhaps what is surprising is how much they have spent in the last 5 years and yet found themselves in this mess. One thing is certain, either the price of players are bein over inflated or some middle men are fleecing the clubs, I look at the quality of players being bought at this exorbitant prices and I shake my head.

What gives the old players a voice in the dressing room is when the new players come in and they cannot even wipe the boots of the so called old players. How has Pique survived all these years, how many center halfs has he been paired with from when he started with Puyol, let me count, Mascherano, Abidal, the Belgian from Arsenal, Umtiti, Lengelet, these are the ones whose name readily comes to mind, I know I am missing out on another 3 guys.

The writer mentioned tearing down and rebuilding, hmmm, easier said than done.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:

some people dont just understand that a leaky foundation will demoralize any attack. You could see the Barca attacking players look completely deflated. You try try and try and then you watch one teammate keep counting his legs and giving away goal upon goal. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

mcal wrote:
oloye wrote:

...when any team lose big, a crucial match, there is always an escape goatee, granted Semedo and Lingelet were the ones yesterday.
I observed Messi strolling waiting as usual to get the ball and do his dance into the box
Pique was done longest time ago, it was the old Barca midfield stars (all retired now) and their tikitaka that saved them back then
Vidal was never in the game another one whose brand of football has since left him. His trademark football was all action, running, tackling and fighting. I could not believe the impostor wearing the Mowhawk yesterday, that was not Vidal, that was a clone from Sudan. Messi is Messi when you have 33 year old players in your team, it is not their duty to be running around like 22 year olds.

Like someone said, when you start rounding up 60,70 year old people to send to the war front, that is the sign that it is time to surrender. Yes I agree Pique is past it, but he is still better than the pretenders around him claiming to be younger. Will you drop Pique for Lengelet abi na Singlet?

The veterans in the teams earned their stripes and hence they can be overlooked even in moments like this. A good coach would have subbed Semedo midway into the first half, perhaps he was counting on his attacking potentials, but he was a liability, a disaster which can be likened to a gangrenous leg... It must be amputated to save the life of the owner. When Davies ghosted past him to run into the box and laid a pass for the Bayern right back to score, even the opposing defenders saw in Semedo one of their own, a weakness to exploit. And at that moment that coach earned his P45

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

I am seeing guys not blaming
Messi and co that were below average,give away balls.No leadership to step up.
City team would have done the same to t his Barca team.Hope Barca head the way of Milan by God grace.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:

some people dont just understand that a leaky foundation will demoralize any attack. You could see the Barca attacking players look completely deflated. You try try and try and then you watch one teammate keep counting his legs and giving away goal upon goal. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The guy was responsible for 5 goals, don't know what happened to him, 5 direct goals came from him alone, I mean 5, against a team like Bayern and someone expects Messi to do some Magic.

A game against fellow big teams is meant to be played on the margins of slightest errors to nick it. But when your defence decides to be in a charitable mood, forger it. There was a kick out Ter made directly to Legwandoski, luckily it was saved... Barca defence if they were a Nigerian team, the efcc would have been called to investigate them

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

kajifu wrote:I am seeing guys not blaming
Messi and co that were below average,give away balls.No leadership to step up.
City team would have done the same to t his Barca team.Hope Barca head the way of Milan by God grace.
Feel free to blame Messi who for over a decade carried them on his shoulders :lol: Go for it.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

mcal wrote:
oloye wrote:

My bro, you are missig the point entirely. Listen to Uncle Oloye, who has actually been there and done that.

Barca may be useless, but they could have put up a fight (or even won) yesterday, without internal sabotage from Lenglet and Semedo.

Anyone who knows my opinion on Pique knows that I dont like him as a player. But he was actually very good in the early minutes yesterday and pretty much had to spend the whole game trying to cover for Lenglet. The funny thing about Lenglet's performance is that you have to be a defender or know defense to actually see how poor he was. He was doing the usual gra gra that most fans would applaud, but when you watch him with a defender's eye, you will notice how his positioning was poor, his reactions were late and his reading of Bayern's movements was completely off! It was one of the poorest performances I have ever see from a defender-- and I am including my high school football games. No kidding.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...football as we all know is a team sport. Because one or two are screwing up at any part of the field does not mean the others should quit. Bayern were simply superlatively superior at all departments.
Was that same Gnabry that was wasting away at Arsenal? Even Coutinho got into the act of humiliation, and that Canadian kid was damn hot, reminiscent of some great SE left backs/wingers of the past. Speedy and trickery.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...also if I may add, what happened to Semedo and Lingelet yesterday (a nightmare they couldn't recover from) is exactly what happened to veteran French man defender Verane when he gifted 2 goals to City. Shhit happens.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

mcal wrote:...football as we all know is a team sport. Because one or two are screwing up at any part of the field does not mean the others should quit. Bayern were simply superlatively superior at all departments.
Was that same Gnabry that was wasting away at Arsenal? Even Coutinho got into the act of humiliation, and that Canadian kid was damn hot, reminiscent of some great SE left backs/wingers of the past. Speedy and trickery.
Yes it is a team sport, maybe you should go and watch how domino all crumble just because one of them is tipped over.

Your body consist of many parts, each assigned to do a role, if your kidney(God forbid) does not do its role, your whole body packs up.

Some of you just use these words, I doubt if you pause to reflect on it. After the game went 1-1 Barca suddenly found their mojo, Messi had two good chances one hit the post and the other from his run and shot Neur saved. Then Semedo and Lengelet took over

When your team is under the cush, your attacking strategy goes into the dog house. These things don't just happen, they depend sequence of events going on the field.

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

mcal wrote:...also if I may add, what happened to Semedo and Lingelet yesterday (a nightmare they couldn't recover from) is exactly what happened to veteran French man defender Verane when he gifted 2 goals to City. Shhit happens.
And Real lost. You buttress the point I am trying to make, at this level those kind of mistakes make a while lot of difference, it does not matter who is on your team. When your defenders are giving away cheap goals, the coach either remove the culprit or watch his team go down.
I have no beef against Semedo, I don't know him, I have seen him play better, heck I used to rate him, but last night he killed Barca. Don't know what happened to him, don't know what was going on in his mind, but he needed help from his bench and he got it only after the horror show was complete.

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBn1Heoc7Zg[/video]
What Happened To Barca's Academy | What Is Happening To La Masia | Is La Masia Dying?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu