Bayern Munich vs Paris Saint-Germain, Pick A Winner

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Bayern Munich vs Paris Saint-Germain, Pick A Winner

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote:Stand up for Thiago Alcanthara. A central midfielder of superior abilities
What a player! :clap: :clap: Kaiii! He controlled the game to his own dictation. It was like watching picasso paint or pavarotti sing. Captivating! I dont think I have seen a midfielder control the game in a final likes this, in a very long time.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Congratulations to Bayern.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

How come Naija missed Alaba?

He is one of the best defenders in the world
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

danfo driver wrote:
txj wrote:Stand up for Thiago Alcanthara. A central midfielder of superior abilities
What a player! :clap: :clap: Kaiii! He controlled the game to his own dictation. It was like watching picasso paint or pavarotti sing. Captivating! I dont think I have seen a midfielder control the game in a final likes this, in a very long time.
And Barca sold him. Unbelievable
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote:

Was a virtuoso performance.

Complete with a plethora of superior technical skills. Outside of the foot, inside of it, flicks, long range, short range....

What a way to sign off from Bayern...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

YUJAM wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Because Xavi & Iniesta were still playing, and he did not want to stay on the bench.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Rawlings wrote:
txj wrote:
Rawlings wrote:You guys failed to see the brilliance of the Bayern COACH
He started Coman, a bench player in the previous games.

It was tactically savvy, but most of u here don't understand the game to realize how it was won.
He’s the starter in his position. Only on the bench because he was coming back from injury
He has not started in the last 4 champions league games ...which have all gone extremly well for Bayern
So, think... why start him in a finals?
That's the difference between Flick and Conte. Conte played the same team for several matches because they were winning and Sevilla sussed them out.
I am happy
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Oguleftie wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Because Xavi & Iniesta were still playing, and he did not want to stay on the bench.
Was one of the unfortunate effects of Tito Villanovas sickness and the lack of attention to his minutes, which then triggered a transfer per his contract.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Neymer is trash. Overrated crap, Nauer is a GOAT goalkeeper.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

If I remember correctly, it was more a board issue. They messed up with his contract and didn't commit to him. Pep swooped in and took him off their hands

txj wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Was one of the unfortunate effects of Tito Villanovas sickness and the lack of attention to his minutes, which then triggered a transfer per his contract.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

11 games, 11 wins.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

:D
This game sweet me well-well. Rawlings sharrap. Fonzie is a Canadian boy, who dash Ghana monkey banana? :D :taunt: The better team won, Bayern is a machine, etcheteram, etcheteram. Most importantly, oil money does not buy Champions Leagues. :boo: City, PSG, zero Champs Leagues. :D :taunt:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

ohsee wrote::D
This game sweet me well-well. Rawlings sharrap. Fonzie is a Canadian boy, who dash Ghana monkey banana? :D :taunt: The better team won, Bayern is a machine, etcheteram, etcheteram. Most importantly, oil money does not buy Champions Leagues. :boo: City, PSG, zero Champs Leagues. :D :taunt:
Closet Bayern fan. :D
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Ghana-born Alphonso Davies wins UEFA Champions League with Bayern Munich
Ghana-born Liberian Alphonso Davies made history with Bayern Munich after helping his side to win the 2019/20 UEFA Champions League.

It was the first club continental trophy for the Canada international on his debut season for the Bavarian giants.

Davies announced his name to the world following his brilliant display against Barcelona in that 10-goal thriller which saw his side decimate the Spanish giants in the semi-final.

A dream come true for the young footballer, playing against his idol Messi and winning the Champions League in his debut season.

Jerome Boateng, who is half Ghanaian, also picked his second UEFA Champions League medal with Bayern Munich after this win.
https://ghanasoccernet.com/ghana-born-a ... ssion=true
Last edited by Rawlings on Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Kabalega wrote:
last year the shameless guy was a city fan... typical clay.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Kabalega wrote:
:D :taunt:
Dey dia, make you no support betta team. :thumbs:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

King Futcha wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
last year the shameless guy was a city fan... typical clay.
Sharrap Futchaballess Frazier. :taunt: I am a Liverpool fan. :thumbs:
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

He was born in Ghana and we trained him to be what he is today
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Rawlings wrote:
He was born in Ghana and we trained him to be what he is today
He left Ghana at 5 and all his footie training was in Canada, he doesn’t even remember Ghana. So not sure what you going on about...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

I love Mbappe with all my heart but I just feel he sometimes lacks the finesse required at the top level. Like going round the keeper, chipping the keeper etc

Not surprised at result I must say
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

PSG do not have history at this level! Bayern were the superior team, better organized, German efficiency, Neymar and Mbappe had a below par game, Mbappe needs to ve to the premiership or La Liga to take his game to another level, Real Madrid was made for him
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Thiago Alcantara is just incredible. How does a player do the most 'simple' things extremely so well? The guy makes the game so sweet to watch.
What a player!
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cally wrote:Thiago Alcantara is just incredible. How does a player do the most 'simple' things extremely so well? The guy makes the game so sweet to watch.
What a player!
Mikel did it and Nigerians criticized him for it