2020/2021 Spurs Season: PL - 7th; EL - R16; FAC - R5; CC- RU

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: Ryan Mason - New Manager!!!

Post by kajifu »

Its a Goal wrote:I don't know what to make of Ryan Mason's first presser. He just said all the basic stuff without being asked about technical questions. He is a novice at this level and when the pressure is high how will be able to out think and outwit the more experienced manager, especially someone like Pep when they face on Sunday? I just hope the players will bail him out by taking charge on the field.

There is talk that Danny Rose may get a recall.
Bro that is not how football work,even Jose start coaching at a young age,This guy might be just what your club need at the moment.Knowing your owner he is not that stupid like some people think.
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Levy’s ESL statement is a disgrace. I cannot tolerate this guy anymore. #ENICOUT
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Tottenham and Levy have done an about turn on the European Super League. Daniel should do the right thing and step down for the farce.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Its a Goal wrote:Tottenham and Levy have done an about turn on the European Super League. Daniel should do the right thing and step down for the farce.
I now suspect Levy took the decision to fire Mourinho with the Super League in mind.
He was banking on that money windfall and hoping to get a new youngish foreign manager to back up with a war chest and begin another new longish term project.

The collapse of the Super League leaves Levy with a dilemma :rotf:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

benteke wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:Tottenham and Levy have done an about turn on the European Super League. Daniel should do the right thing and step down for the farce.
I now suspect Levy took the decision to fire Mourinho with the Super League in mind.
He was banking on that money windfall and hoping to get a new youngish foreign manager to back up with a war chest and begin another new longish term project.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

benteke wrote:

And Mourinho with huge wads of cash.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: Jose Mourinho Fired!!!

Post by wanaj0 »

danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Spurs aren't smart..you fire your manager when you have a cup final...City go so beat the crap out of Spurs
City was going to destroy them, regardless.

I think i know why Levy fired mourinho now. Levy had already decided to let him go, due to bad results. And Levy then realized that if Mourinho won the League Cup, it will be almost impossible to justify this sacking at the end of the season. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I dont blame Levy. From a business perspective, i'd have done the same thing. LOL because if he won them a Trophy, o pa ri! You cant move him. :lol:
Sacking him now makes no sense.

Even IF JM happens to win the League Cup you can still sack him at the end of the season. Just that you are moving on to a new 'project'

JM will still make mouth that he was about to WIN the trophy before the sack.! The only winner here is JM. :tic:

I did not think Spurs should have hired him. He need a club with young players that will 'worship' him. His ego cannot allow him to manage players with big egos that don't 'worship' him.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

With Ryan at the helm, Guardiola’s “the Harry Kane team” statement, takes on new meaning. ‘Arry will definitely be offering counsel on team selection. Should be a good British feel to Spurs moving forward, Dele, Bale, Winks, Dier, Doherty, perhaps a recall for Sessegnon and a little run out. In all honesty, it’s a brilliant appointment, worked a treat with Nagelsmann, much like the European Super League, Spurs could prove pioneers of a new managerial ideal. Good luck to him.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Coach wrote:With Ryan at the helm, Guardiola’s “the Harry Kane team” statement, takes on new meaning. ‘Arry will definitely be offering counsel on team selection. Should be a good British feel to Spurs moving forward, Dele, Bale, Winks, Dier, Doherty, perhaps a recall for Sessegnon and a little run out. In all honesty, it’s a brilliant appointment, worked a treat with Nagelsmann, much like the European Super League, Spurs could prove pioneers of a new managerial ideal. Good luck to him.
Not a BAD appointment at least the guy loves the club.

However, not sure how it will pan out.

You can only wish him the best.

Would like to know what made him favoured above the others (King, Powell etc)
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Would like to know...or already know?

Wayne Rooney is on the verge of relegating Derby and that’s all there is to know.
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

wanaj0 wrote:
Coach wrote:With Ryan at the helm, Guardiola’s “the Harry Kane team” statement, takes on new meaning. ‘Arry will definitely be offering counsel on team selection. Should be a good British feel to Spurs moving forward, Dele, Bale, Winks, Dier, Doherty, perhaps a recall for Sessegnon and a little run out. In all honesty, it’s a brilliant appointment, worked a treat with Nagelsmann, much like the European Super League, Spurs could prove pioneers of a new managerial ideal. Good luck to him.
Not a BAD appointment at least the guy loves the club.

However, not sure how it will pan out.

You can only wish him the best.

Would like to know what made him favoured above the others (King, Powell etc)
You think Mason is a better appointment than Chris Powell? Chris Powell is also a Spurs supporter too.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: Jose Mourinho Fired!!!

Post by danfo driver »

Hmmm.. So are you saying that the biggest losers here are:

1. Spurs, who now have to cough up 30 million from their slim Covid budget; and
2. Coach, who remains in abject poverty, living off counsel checks, while the man who ravages him cashes in on 30 million?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

wanaj0 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:Spurs aren't smart..you fire your manager when you have a cup final...City go so beat the crap out of Spurs
City was going to destroy them, regardless.

I think i know why Levy fired mourinho now. Levy had already decided to let him go, due to bad results. And Levy then realized that if Mourinho won the League Cup, it will be almost impossible to justify this sacking at the end of the season. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I dont blame Levy. From a business perspective, i'd have done the same thing. LOL because if he won them a Trophy, o pa ri! You cant move him. :lol:
Sacking him now makes no sense.

Even IF JM happens to win the League Cup you can still sack him at the end of the season. Just that you are moving on to a new 'project'

JM will still make mouth that he was about to WIN the trophy before the sack.! The only winner here is JM. :tic:

I did not think Spurs should have hired him. He need a club with young players that will 'worship' him. His ego cannot allow him to manage players with big egos that don't 'worship' him.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v SOU [WK 33]

Post by Its a Goal »

2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Ryan Mason is going for the safe approach in his first game in charge. Without Kane he has opted for a false 9 in Son instead of a traditional 9 in Vinicius. Back in the team is the return of Bale to probably be the playmaker unless Lucas will take that role pushing Bale to the wings. Even more interesting is that Lo Celso starts with Ndombele and they could be playmakers for the team. Toby starts again but this time partners Dier with Rodon nowhere to be seen. I believe the lineup will be:

Son
Lucas * Bale
Lo Celso
Hójbjerg * Ndombele
Reguilon * Dier * Toby * Aurier
Lloris

Good luck Ryan as you make managerial debut. Hope it gets off to a flying start.

kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

#ENICOUT
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Double save puled off by Hugo in the 2nd minute. Wow. Defense is still a shambles.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Was that or Hojbjerg giving the ball away in front of defense?

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

As we can see the team's performance has not significantly improved.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Lo Celso fails to find the corner with his lob.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Defense is playing with fire.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Its a Goal wrote:As we can see the team's performance has not significantly improved.
You mean two days after his appointment, Mason has not been able to improve what took Mourinho 17 months to destroy?
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Ings scores from a corner
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Aurier was fooled by Ings movement
Danny Blanchflower