2020/2021 Spurs Season: PL - 7th; EL - R16; FAC - R5; CC- RU

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v LEE [WK 16]

Post by Its a Goal »

Matt gets his second yellow and takes an early shower.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I just felt he was going to earn himself a red after the first yellow.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Jose growling at Matt for the stupid red card.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

FT
3-0
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Thank God it didn't have any material effect.

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Coach wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:Match against Weeds is going to be dangerous as they are a free flowing scoring team. Keeping them out will be an Herculean task but the good thing is they are porous at the back which should give the attackers to grab a goal or 2. Knowing JoMo he is going to let them play with the ball by dominating possession as he looks to counter attack. I believe this would be a 2 goal win to either side with both teams scoring.
1-nil early doors, back six and 3 man countered to death.
To death.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:Jose growling at Matt for the stupid red card.
he should growl at him for his lack of talent. Unfortunately, the alternative, Aurier, is braindead.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver wrote:
he should growl at him for his lack of talent. Unfortunately, the alternative, Aurier, is braindead.
You agree he has no talent ... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I would rather Aurier than Doherty... at least there is a chance of something beyond the ordinary occurring despite it being a double edged sword. Perhaps I am too harsh - I will let Matt spend one more season.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=Iw ... e=youtu.be[/video]

Towards the end lookout for one of the countries where Spurs fans reside that supported Marine FC :thumb:.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

I would rather Aurier than Doherty... at least there is a chance of something beyond the ordinary occurring despite it being a double edged sword. Perhaps I am too harsh - I will let Matt spend one more season.
The guy be like cardboard paper or cabin bisquit! No flavor at all. Runs like a bewildered chicken about to be slaughtered as well.

He is sh1t, but very lucky that Aurier is brainless. And most coaches will choose sh1t over brainlessness any day any time. With brainless, you cant predict when he is going to screw you over. :lol: If Doherty's brain was in Aurier's head, it would be a great right back. Unfortunately, Spurs have them separate--one without talent and the other without a brain.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

The guy be like cardboard paper or cabin bisquit! No flavor at all. Runs like a bewildered chicken about to be slaughtered as well.

He is sh1t, but very lucky that Aurier is brainless. And most coaches will choose sh1t over brainlessness any day any time. With brainless, you cant predict when he is going to screw you over. :lol: If Doherty's brain was in Aurier's head, it would be a great right back. Unfortunately, Spurs have them separate--one without talent and the other without a brain.
:rotf: Give Matt more time. To be honest the more I see him the less he feels like a Spurs player. There is no one area in which I can say he is dominant. From the days of Stephen Carr to now, the only RB I can recall as average as him was Noe Pamarot. We have had Chimbonda, Walker, Alan Hutton, Trippier, Aurier, Corluka - this one hmmm.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

:rotf: Give Matt more time. To be honest the more I see him the less he feels like a Spurs player. There is no one area in which I can say he is dominant. From the days of Stephen Carr to now, the only RB I can recall as average as him was Noe Pamarot. We have had Chimbonda, Walker, Alan Hutton, Trippier, Aurier, Corluka - this one hmmm.
In the words of African Americans, "The N166A 30 this year, bro." He has no more time.

No matter how inexperienced Aarons (Norwich) is, I think it was foolish not to take the punt there.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Pascal was more than good. It’s a shame that Spurs team never win the league or FA cup. I think they won the worthless cup
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

By the way Jose Mourinho PL stats

Played 347, Won 211, Goals scored 600

He is a defensive manager?

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

furiously frank wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Pascal was more than good. It’s a shame that Spurs team never win the league or FA cup. I think they won the worthless cup
Juande Ramos - Don't really know what happened to him. We looked a dangerous side when he came in. However it looks like the loss of Berbatov and Keane killed momentum. To have that strike force replaced by Pavlyuchenko and that Man Utd loanee - Yuck!! We had also lost Jermaine Defoe. Harry Redknapp for all the insults about his tactics built a stronger Spurs squad and really should have won a cup with the players he had available but there were other very strong teams and I believe City was also on the ascendancy then as well.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [CC] TOT v BRE [SM-FL]

Post by Its a Goal »

'Arry Redknapp's problem was that he allowed his ambition to get ahead of him. Once he started getting linked with the England job he began to lose focus of his job. Unfortunately Levy didn't appreciate that distraction promptly fired him even though 'Arry had a good chance of winning something with the team.

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Cristao II wrote:
furiously frank wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Juande Ramos - Don't really know what happened to him. We looked a dangerous side when he came in. However it looks like the loss of Berbatov and Keane killed momentum. To have that strike force replaced by Pavlyuchenko and that Man Utd loanee - Yuck!! We had also lost Jermaine Defoe. Harry Redknapp for all the insults about his tactics built a stronger Spurs squad and really should have won a cup with the players he had available but there were other very strong teams and I believe City was also on the ascendancy then as well.
Harry got distracted with the England coaching job! He lost the plot from that point.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Cristao II wrote:
furiously frank wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

One of your spurs best match was against Inter and i think it ended 4-4 with Bale making his name official to the world that he is one of the world super stars.He simply end that Brazilian career at RB
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

JoMo has gone for a strong side though with 5 changes. Sanchez takes the place of Toby to partner Dier in CB, Aurier returns as Matt is suspended, Reguilon comes in for Davies, Sissoko comes in to replace Winks, while Lucas gives Bergwijn a rest. Missing are LoCelso, Bale, and Lamela. Dele gets a place on the bench. It is expected to be the usual 4-3-2-1 lineup:

Kane
Son * Lucas
Hojbjerg * Ndombele * Sissoko
Reguilon * Dier * Sanchez * Aurier
Lloris

Hopefully it is going to be a memorable day for all the right reasons.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

A bit surprised that Dele isnt part of the team but it is understood. I expect that he would play in the second half.

Lo Celso is out for January
Lamela should be on his way out

I expect Tanganga and Carlos to come in if the game is going well. Ditto White.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

These guys are not to be toyed with. Reguilon almost got caught out.