2020/2021 Spurs Season: PL - 7th; EL - R16; FAC - R5; CC- RU

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v BHA [WK 7]

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: And to be honest, as poorly as the defense is painted, they have not given up goals as much as it the stats will say. You have to analyze the goals properly. There are a few unfortunate goals conceded and a few that should never stood. Brighton's goal should never have stood hence why the ref was not given any games to ref this weekend. Penalty to Newcastle shouldn't have been given likewise that against Southampton. The defense will get better that I am sure off.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Like I said, you are a masochist,

I was going to advise you, but you dont deserve advise. :taunt:
You make me laugh sha. So for you our defense cannot get any better than it is. You don't even consider that the likes of Taganga and Rodon are yet to get a run in, unless you believe they are not as good as Dier and Toby.

The sad part about you is that you only see negativity and never want to acknowledge the positivity. Yes, I accept for a large part the defense gives me too much to worry about but at the end of the day they find a way to get their job done. That defense was on course to keeping 4 cleansheets instead of 1 due to poor referring decisions. You can't blame the defense for issues beyond their control. Like I said, analyze where the goals have come from and you will only a handful of come in the 6 yard box and the rest outside, discounting the one own goal and the one give away.
The only way that will happen is by replacing the defenders you have.

You want to put your hopes on 2 children one of whom has never played a full season of professional football in his life. And the other just came from division 2? I am sorry, do you even understand football? :lol: :lol: :lol: #masochist

O ma se o! :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]benteke[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: And to be honest, as poorly as the defense is painted, they have not given up goals as much as it the stats will say. You have to analyze the goals properly. There are a few unfortunate goals conceded and a few that should never stood. Brighton's goal should never have stood hence why the ref was not given any games to ref this weekend. Penalty to Newcastle shouldn't have been given likewise that against Southampton. The defense will get better that I am sure off.
The way i was looking at it, even when Spurs is playing small teams, each time the other team comes forward it feels like they will score, I'm sure as a Spurs fan you are always nervous and worried about a defensive error around the corner whenever Spurs has only a 1 goal lead.
I also hope they get better, Spurs has to win something soon
No doubt my heart is always in my mouth anytime we come under attack likewise other teams' supporters. The key is organizing the defense in a way to minimize scoring opportunities. A lot of goals conceded have come from outside the 18 which are worldie goals, and a few that were self inflicted like the Sanchez own goal against Spammers and Davies give away in the last EL game. The defense will be making some sloppy mistakes until we have the likes of Tanganga and Rodon fully integrated.
Definitely as a United fan i am always worried, and United's defence is another one with major problems, although i cannot put a finger on where the issues are at exactly.
But you get what I mean with Spurs, you don't want that feeling where you feel the team can concede a goal anytime even from nowhere. The goals conceded stats will be saying something else, they paint a brighter picture
I can.

1. your defensive midfielder position is at the level of a mid-table defensive midfield. So, every time your team comes under pressure, your defense collapses because there is no proper shield. I warned you not to give Matic a contract and you did. McTominay is a bottom of the table player and Fred has never been able to show he can even compete with Matic.

2. Lindelof is a primary 2 footballer. He is significantly below the quality of Manchester United and woudnt even be able to play for a club like Wolves or Everton.

3. Maguire - Maguire is not playing for a big club and the pressure is different. They always say, playing for a big club is different. You are demanded to win! Maguire cannot be expected to be the best CD in a big club. He is simply not stable enough for that. He would need a world class CD beside him in order to show his true quality.

4. Shaw - Not good enough for Man United.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

danfo driver wrote:LOL @ "defense has not given up goals as much ..." Sometimes, your arrogance is admirable. :lol: :lol:

You play Brighton, 10-man United, Newcastle and Burnley and think you have played teams. Even useless West Ham ran the defense like Mopol running at thieves.

This will be your schedule after the international break:

Man City - Home
Chelsea - Away
Arsenal - Home
Palace - Away
Liverpool - Away
And Spurs will be facing most of those teams after a Europa game on Thursday.
Of Spurs navigates safely and by end of December they are still up there in top 4 not far from the League leaders, then we will start having more interesting conversations
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [EL] LUD v TOT [GP-J MCT 3]

Post by Its a Goal »

As deficient as our defense may be we are never this horrendous :rotf:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Its a Goal wrote:Image

Spurs has a proper manager. United has Ole :biggrin:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Its a Goal wrote:
True

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Easiest goal Kane could have scored and he booted it over the bar.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane from 20 yards out hits the bar.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Bale with a good technique freekick but keeper saved.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Kane breaks the deadlock
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane heads his 200th goal for Spurs.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane to Moura makes 2.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane with a chance for a second heads straight to keeper.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Hojbjerg and Vinicius coming on for Sissoko and Kane.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Damn, how did they concede so easily? Dier should have cover better.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Vinicius with a chance to open his scoring campaign but shoots over the bar.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Lo Celso shoots wide. That would have been a nice goal

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Son for Lucas

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Son's first touch is to set up Lo Celso to score.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Vinicius. Come on, just hold up the ball.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Bale off for Bergwijn.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Bergwijn almost gets his own.