2020/2021 Spurs Season: PL - 7th; EL - R16; FAC - R5; CC- RU

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: PL - 7th; EL - R16; FAC - R5; CC

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: This club is so cursed.

Tried to appoint Conte - failed
Tried to appoint Fonseca - failed
Now trying to appoint Gattuso

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Don't believe everything you read in the papers. That is an actual curse.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cristao II wrote:
danfo driver wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: This club is so cursed.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
you have a point. I might be a curse. But what is confirmed as a curse that will NEVER be lifted (mark my words), is the curse that is upon Tottenham. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And best believe that Spurs failed to appoint Conte and Fonseca. Thats not paper-talk.

By the way, which striker are you guys looking at to replace Kane, who, clearly, is fed up with the curse? :D :taunt:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

danfo driver wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

you have a point. I might be a curse. But what is confirmed as a curse that will NEVER be lifted (mark my words), is the curse that is upon Tottenham. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And best believe that Spurs failed to appoint Conte and Fonseca. Thats not paper-talk.

By the way, which striker are you guys looking at to replace Kane, who, clearly, is fed up with the curse? :D :taunt:
You are not cursed, danfo. You are loud but not cursed.

To be honest I have a deliberately reduced interest in behind the scenes at Spurs. I play Football Manager if I want to worry about management.

Re: Kane. It is either he leaves or not. The sky will not fall. We have had worse. Berbatov and Keane leaving and their replacements - Frazier Campbell and Pavlyuchenko. Life continues.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

These two clubs in North Londonium are an embarrassment.
Gattuso??
Hell na
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: PL - 7th; EL - R16; FAC - R5; CC- RU

Post by danfo driver »

Seems the Gattuso deal has fallen through as well? C-U-R-S-E-D!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:01 pm :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: This club is so cursed.

I'm glad the Gattuso appointment failed. He will be worse than Mourinho and will totally kill off the club.

Now back to the drawing board. Paratici is not starting his reign on a good note.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

The media are doing a lot of guessing. Levy will do what Levy does.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57555543

Manchester City have taken the first steps towards trying to sign England captain Harry Kane from Tottenham.

Sources from both clubs have distanced themselves from suggestions an official £100m bid has been lodged by City.

However, there have been talks which it is understood are leading towards the club making a formal offer.

Kane is one of the two striking targets identified by City boss Pep Guardiola this summer, along with Borussia Dortmund's Erling Braut Haaland.

The Premier League champions are on the lookout for a new striker following the departure of Sergio Aguero to Barcelona.

Dortmund are adamant they will not let Haaland leave this summer given they expect to lose England winger Jadon Sancho, who is the subject of interest from Manchester United.

Kane wants to leave Tottenham, the club where he has been since he was a schoolboy.

However, his belief that a gentleman's agreement exists with chairman Daniel Levy after he agreed to stay on last season is likely to be tested.

Potential managerial candidates at Tottenham have been made aware the club expect Kane to remain beyond the 1 September transfer deadline.

Kane has refused to discuss the matter since he spoke about it in a wide-ranging interview with former England defender and current TV pundit Gary Neville just before Euro 2020.
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Another one has rejected them :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

If Gareth Bale returns to Spurs this season, I will not watch the team for a season. That guy is finished.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Nuno Espirito Santo it is then.

2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Welcome to the new gaffer.

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

7th choice. Good coach nonetheless.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Good coach.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Cristao II wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:28 pm If Gareth Bale returns to Spurs this season, I will not watch the team for a season. That guy is finished.
The media were desperate to portray as “hard done by” in Madrid. Truth is, Bale’s lost his Forrest Gump. Sans the powerful running, he’s Dave Thompson. Good for a long shot once in a while.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Nuno is a good coach. But why does Spurs always make everything difficult for their fans? Nuno has been available for a long time. He's head and shoulders above the useless coaches they have wasted their time on, including Gattusso.
Next is what happens to Kane....I hope they don't drag that all the way to January as that will implode the club.
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Chai ! Spuds got a good coach oo
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

furiously frank wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:20 pm Nuno is a good coach. But why does Spurs always make everything difficult for their fans? Nuno has been available for a long time. He's head and shoulders above the useless coaches they have wasted their time on, including Gattusso.
Next is what happens to Kane....I hope they don't drag that all the way to January as that will implode the club.

I think if they cash in on Kane it won't be that bad, they can add some proper defenders with the money
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Kane is a goner. The question is, at what price. 100M alone is a superb sale. The prospect of players being thrown in, is mouthwatering. Sterling’s value will have gone up by the end of the Euros and if the murmurings on Fleet Street are to be believed, he has suitors on the continent.

Laporte was said to be available for a cash plus player deal. Having lost Garcia, is that still the case? Don’t think they should look at the likes of Bernardo or Mendy, both on the wane.

Take the cash and have Nuno go full Portugezzer
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

finally
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Damn it. I was hoping that they will **** up and appoint Gattuso.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

furiously frank wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:20 pm Nuno is a good coach. But why does Spurs always make everything difficult for their fans? Nuno has been available for a long time. He's head and shoulders above the useless coaches they have wasted their time on, including Gattusso.
Truth is he wasn't one of the top contenders in the early beginning because Levy didn't fancy him. Levy wanted to replace Jose with another high profile manager but unsurprising to the fans and the rest of the world aside Daniel, they all turned Spurs down because Spurs doesn't have the financial muscle to recruit the caliber of players to build an instant winning team. Next was to look down the line but the managers available were either not to the new DoF, Paraticini, liking or they were not to fans' liking. Paraticini liked Nuno from his time in Spain and kept an eye on him. He pushed Levy to take hire him as he believes he will be a good fit. Only time will tell.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Its a Goal wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:59 pm
Truth is he wasn't one of the top contenders in the early beginning because Levy didn't fancy him. Levy wanted to replace Jose with another high profile manager but unsurprising to the fans and the rest of the world aside Daniel, they all turned Spurs down because Spurs doesn't have the financial muscle to recruit the caliber of players to build an instant winning team. Next was to look down the line but the managers available were either not to the new DoF, Paraticini, liking or they were not to fans' liking. Paraticini liked Nuno from his time in Spain and kept an eye on him. He pushed Levy to take hire him as he believes he will be a good fit. Only time will tell.
Chief, let us not add maggi to make the story sweeter, the only manager who could be said to have "turned down" Tottenham because of a lack of financial muscle was Conte and even he was second choice to Pochettino whom PSG refused to release.
Anyway welcome to Nuno who is class personified
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower