2020/2021 Spurs Season: PL - 7th; EL - R16; FAC - R5; CC- RU

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [PL] BUR v TOT [WK 6]

Post by Its a Goal »

Lamela with a tame shot.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Commanding keeping from Lloris from a Burnley corner
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

2 mins left and 3 additional possibly.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

4 mins added time
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

4 mins extra. Where did the extra 1 minute come from?

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Rodon makes his debut as a sub for Son
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Rodon on for Son.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

FT
Hard fought win for Spurs
Danny Blanchflower
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Well done boys. This was a tough victory. Burnley were difficult to break down and some last ditch defending helped.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Phew. Thank you very much Harry Kane. MoM.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal wrote:Nothing worth of note done by the lads. Burnley has had the decent chances of scoring and have defended resolutely. Spurs has to come out stronger and faster to keep them at the back foot and force an error of out them.

This game looks like it will end in one goal scored and can go either way.
I called it.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Spurs up to 5th in the table, 2 points behind the leaders
Danny Blanchflower
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:Phew. Thank you very much Harry Kane. MoM.
mom for me is Lamela. He is turning one of Jose's lieutenant. Kane was busy laughing with Burnley players. Shout-out to Dier and Toby. Solid defence.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cristao II[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Phew. Thank you very much Harry Kane. MoM.
mom for me is Lamela. He is turning one of Jose's lieutenant. Kane was busy laughing with Burnley players. Shout-out to Dier and Toby. Solid defence.
That defensive clearance in the second half is worth 2 points on it's own. Lamela is good at killing off games by constantly interrupting the opposition's play. It was shame he didn't make the team last PL game against WH as he would have been the ideal person to interrupt their flow.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

One thing I appreciate about Jose is that he doesn't play names but who can contribute to the team. He left Bale on the bench and didn't even play him all through. He is demonstrating to Bale that if he wants to play he has to earn the privilege. Hopefully the likes of Dele will come to terms with this and step up their level. It is only by shifting their gear up will Spurs stand a chance of winning something.

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Its a Goal wrote:One thing I appreciate about Jose is that he doesn't play names but who can contribute to the team. He left Bale on the bench and didn't even play him all through. He is demonstrating to Bale that if he wants to play he has to earn the privilege. Hopefully the likes of Dele will come to terms with this and step up their level. It is only by shifting their gear up will Spurs stand a chance of winning something.
Those who lost their rag over that 3-3 draw with West Ham will in the coming games come to realise where this team is going.
Those fights with Ndombele are now supposedly over.
I want Spurs to do well as a fan of football.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Its a Goal wrote:One thing I appreciate about Jose is that he doesn't play names but who can contribute to the team. He left Bale on the bench and didn't even play him all through. He is demonstrating to Bale that if he wants to play he has to earn the privilege. Hopefully the likes of Dele will come to terms with this and step up their level. It is only by shifting their gear up will Spurs stand a chance of winning something.
Jose has only one way of motivating players. That will not work with players like Dele Alli who felt he has 'arrived'.

That's why Jose cannot work with some players. He cannot cope with 'stars. or prima donnas
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

wanaj0 wrote:
Jose has only one way of motivating players. That will not work with players like Dele Alli who felt he has 'arrived'.

That's why Jose cannot work with some players. He cannot cope with 'stars. or prima donnas
But he managed all those stars in previous clubs the like of Zlatan and Eto speak very well of him.
What is Delle Alli in the world of stars as compared to Kane

Would Klopp or Pep tolerate Alli.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Sometimes I see stuff here which makes me believe that the poster thinks we are all idiots.
wanaj0 wrote:
How come Pochettino could not motivate Alli?
How come Southgate could not motivate Alli?
Why has Jose been able to work with Ndombele?

Why has Jose been able to cope with Ronaldo?
Why has Jose been able to cope with Zlatan
Why has Jose been able to cope with Eto'o

Allis is NOT a star. He is not even on his national team. Outside London (and possibly EPL) no one actually rates Alli. If you watched the Amazon documentary, Jose even told Harry Kane some home truth that [outside England, nobody really rates Kane as highly as them messi and ronaldo and he has to change that].

Alli may act silly, but to call him a star is laughable. :rotf: and to call him a prima donna is highly unfair. He has been out of form for 3 years!!!!! Lost his national team position and now has lost his club position. Rather than recognize the obvious, like most English pressmen, you are more interested in "mourinho." Thats how they almost murdered mourinho because he simply asked Ndombele to work hard. Now that the hard work has paid off, no one comments anymore.

Arteta is there. he has completely ostracized ozil and pushed Guendouzi out and we didnt hear pim!

Mourinho, Mourinho, Mourinho! Una no dey taya????
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

benteke wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:

But he managed all those stars in previous clubs the like of Zlatan and Eto speak very well of him.
What is Delle Alli in the world of stars as compared to Kane

Would Klopp or Pep tolerate Alli.
Why mention Klopp or Pep?? its Mourinho Mourinho Mourinho! Thats the name that sweets them most and tickles their belly. :lol: Mourinho drinks water and "oh! he has drank water! How dare he drink it??!' :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

dd, still waiting on your scouting report on Rodon. Is he any better than Sanchez?

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:dd, still waiting on your scouting report on Rodon. Is he any better than Sanchez?
Please see below:
danfo driver wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:
Your problem is that you only take delight in Spurs misfortune but never care to be objective about issues.

Let me be very clear so that there is no misunderstanding, I do NOT care about your club. If you get relegated or go bankrupt or win the league, that is your problem. Your club's existence is of zero interest to me. Legitimately, I watch your club the same way I am presently watching United v Chelsea. Spur's misfortune or fortune is YOUR concern and not mine. I thought you were someone who is reasonable like Cristao, thats why I began to advise you in the Spring of 2019 when I actually started to watch your club for the first time and I was stunned at all the on-field problems I could see. However, you have shown me that you are NOT a reasonable man and you will no longer hear pim from me --in relation to any advise.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You are so girly :taunt: