2020/2021 Spurs Season: PL - 7th; EL - R16; FAC - R5; CC- RU

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [PL] MAU v WHU [WK 5]

Post by toyin133 »

3-0
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Are they going to Manchester the Hammers today?

Half way to Manchester...
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Spurs on rampage
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Anthonio bags a yellow for his rash challenge on Son. That should slow him down a notch.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Funny thing, all the matches Morsy has been in charge of at the touchline has been lost. The 2 they won was when he was at home.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Isn't that a second yellow to Anthonio?

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Moyes wishing he had stayed at home
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane's passing accuracy is out of this world. Doesn't matter if it is short or long.

Aurier should have done better with the through ball from Ndombele.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Nice whipped in cross from Aurier but Son couldn't finish it.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v WHU [WK 5]

Post by Its a Goal »

What piece of defending from Kane to deny Spammers a goal.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:What piece of defending from Kane to deny Spammers a goal.
And why did that have to be? 2 minutes left in stoppage time and two morons on your team thought it was best to be giving freekicks and making arrant passes in front of your box. You guys are clearly not ready for success. :oops:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

dd, the goals scored today were similar to the ones missed against Everton. I told you back then that the fact that we created tons of scoring opportunities was pleasing as it shows the team was heading in the right direction. Instead of you to accept it you said we were cursed. Man up and apologize.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: What piece of defending from Kane to deny Spammers a goal.
And why did that have to be? 2 minutes left in stoppage time and two morons on your team thought it was best to be giving freekicks and making arrant passes in front of your box. You guys are clearly not ready for success. :oops:
Defending is a team effort. There will be times when your striker will be needed to cover the back.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I think Bale will get 30 minutes today.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: What piece of defending from Kane to deny Spammers a goal.
Defending is a team effort. There will be times when your striker will be needed to cover the back.
For you to keep on defending clear moronic behavior tells me that you are either too excitable or you simply dont know what it takes to win titles
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:dd, the goals scored today were similar to the ones missed against Everton. I told you back then that the fact that we created tons of scoring opportunities was pleasing as it shows the team was heading in the right direction. Instead of you to accept it you said we were cursed. Man up and apologize.
The Everton game is the best thing to happen to you guys this season
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Its a Goal wrote:dd, the goals scored today were similar to the ones missed against Everton. I told you back then that the fact that we created tons of scoring opportunities was pleasing as it shows the team was heading in the right direction. Instead of you to accept it you said we were cursed. Man up and apologize.
This is not true o. Spurs barely created a single chance against Everton in the 2nd half, you're probably thinking of the Newcastle game
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Hammers continue to dominate the game this second half.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Look at how poor they are defending and how poor they are managing the lead. Yet, their number 1 fan cannot see a mental problem. smh
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]toyin133[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: dd, the goals scored today were similar to the ones missed against Everton. I told you back then that the fact that we created tons of scoring opportunities was pleasing as it shows the team was heading in the right direction. Instead of you to accept it you said we were cursed. Man up and apologize.
This is not true o. Spurs barely created a single chance against Everton in the 2nd half, you're probably thinking of the Newcastle game
We created a lot of chances against Everton especially in the first half and after going behind. Very unfortunate we didn't take them as we would have probably nicked it or worse draw.

kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

The defence is just shocking - why didn’t West Ham score from there?
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

One major difference from the 1st half is that Spurs can't seem to keep hold of the ball, complacency or greater determination from the spammers?
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:Look at how poor they are defending and how poor they are managing the lead. Yet, their number 1 fan cannot see a mental problem. smh
When your opponent are bossing the game gaps will eventually appear. No matter how good your defense is there will always come a time they will be put under pressure. It is about managing the situation.