2020/2021 Spurs Season: PL - 7th; EL - R16; FAC - R5; CC- RU

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v FUL [WK 17]

Post by Coach »

Areola was the t*ts.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [PL] SHU v TOT [WK 18]

Post by Its a Goal »

Congrats to Poch but let’s be real anybody with half a brain can get PSG to win a trophy in France. His true challenge will be to get them to win the CL.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:Congrats to Poch but let’s be real anybody with half a brain can get PSG to win a trophy in France. His true challenge will be to get them to win the CL.
And even a person with a full brain can NOT get Spurs to win a trophy anywhere. Such a person's true challenge will be to get them to even keep a clean sheet with 10 minutes to go, after going 1-0 up! :scared: :woot: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I think you are being rather simplistic in saying Spurs sit back when they take 1 goal lead.

I saw a team who tried and tried for the second goal but they kept chopping their chances. Ppl act like Fulham came to sell garri. They are not a bad team and have been pretty resolute lately. We had a hard time with them today and if not for the red card they got, we sef for no win.

The issue is Spurs now seem to have this mental issue because of these 5/6 draws they've had. They are putting pressure on themselves. Once they go through this patch, they will start collecting points. I have not watched any Spurs game this season where i felt they were punching above their weight. They have been in every game and have been good value. Something is brewing there.
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

Ugbowo wrote:I think you are being rather simplistic in saying Spurs sit back when they take 1 goal lead.

I saw a team who tried and tried for the second goal but they kept chopping their chances. Ppl act like Fulham came to sell garri. They are not a bad team and have been pretty resolute lately. We had a hard time with them today and if not for the red card they got, we sef for no win.

The issue is Spurs now seem to have this mental issue because of these 5/6 draws they've had. They are putting pressure on themselves. Once they go through this patch, they will start collecting points. I have not watched any Spurs game this season where i felt they were punching above their weight. They have been in every game and have been good value. Something is brewing there.
Same Chelsea that has been struggling (at least) of recent ?

If Fulham had any decent striker, they could have gotten a draw with 10 men.

Even Sanago of Arsenal fame is better than the bricklayers they call strikers :sneaky:
Abeg :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I give up on Jose. 3 at the back? Maybe it is push Reguilon upfront to assist with the attack but it doesn't look balanced to me. Oh well. Dele dropped from the squad and that can't be good for his morale. In his place comes Gedson. Toby continues to ride the bench and in his place comes Rodon. I think it might be 3-4-2-1 lineup:

Kane
Son * Bergwijn
Reguilon * Ndomele * Hojbjerg * Aurier
Davies * Dier * Rodon
Lloris

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Ugbowo[/color] wrote: I think you are being rather simplistic in saying Spurs sit back when they take 1 goal lead.

Thank you for objective analysis. It is annoying when you see how many chances get wasted during a game especially to kill off the game. I don't enjoy seeing us not able to hold on to the ball for long stretch of time while the opposition gets to ball with the ball but the fact is our keeper doesn't get much to do most of the match cos the defense keeps them at bay.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane should have passed to open the defense there instead of attempting a shot.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Bergwijn's shot parried over the bar.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Aurier opens the scoring within 5 mins.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Aurier scores with a header
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

85 mins to go :P
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Son misses chance after being put through by Kane
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane teed Son but he wasted again. Beats the keeper but finds the side post.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]toyin133[/color] wrote: Aurier scores with a header
Someone is going to be filled with constipation throughout the day :rotf:

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]toyin133[/color] wrote: 85 mins to go :P
To score 2 or 3 more to make it safe :mrgreen:.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Sheffield coming strong. Close chance from a corner kick.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]toyin133[/color] wrote: 85 mins to go :P
To score 2 or 3 more to make it safe :mrgreen:.
:lol: I wish I shared your optimism.
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Son haba, make that last pass count.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Oliver Norwood picks a yellow for tripping Kane as he was breaking away.

toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Rodon saves the day
Danny Blanchflower
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Son again. How many misplaced passes is going to make today?