2020/2021 Spurs Season: PL - 7th; EL - R16; FAC - R5; CC- RU

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v SOU [WK 33]

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:Then can you explain how come Bale had a fantastic game yesterday? Yeah, he might not show up in some games but it doesn't mean you should be dropping him for games you need someone to take the mantle. He may not have the appetite to compete against the big teams any longer but he will still show his worth against minnows.
For his cost, no thanks. Poor return on investment.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

PS I will laugh so hard if Daniel Levy walks after firing Mourinho.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Cristao II wrote:PS I will laugh so hard if Daniel Levy walks after firing Mourinho.
Will he sell his shares? I doubt it.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

kalani JR wrote:
Cristao II wrote:PS I will laugh so hard if Daniel Levy walks after firing Mourinho.
Will he sell his shares? I doubt it.
I doubt it also. There is a very very minute chance of him walking.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Its a Goal wrote:Then can you explain how come Bale had a fantastic game yesterday? Yeah, he might not show up in some games but it doesn't mean you should be dropping him for games you need someone to take the mantle. He may not have the appetite to compete against the big teams any longer but he will still show his worth against minnows.
But therein lies the problem, you cannot have a player on such a monstrosity of a wage, and he is allowed to pick and choose games he want to play. That sort of thing destroys a team. It is only a matter of time before hard work is compromised in the team. But there is a pattern that has emerged with Jose in his last three clubs, how come the players he could not motivate suddenly come alive under a new coach? He got the best of Hazard in one season and then pushed him so hard they fell apart and Hazard became a sick baby no longer interested in games. He was revived once Jose left Chelsea.

At united he nearly made the left back a mental patient, fell out with Pogba and could no longer motivate him. The Rashford we were told cannot do 20 goals has suddenly started averaging 20 a season.

As soon as he started grumbling against Bale and some players at Tottenham I knew his time was up.

Truth be told Bale should not even have been allowed back to Spurs, but the minute Jose allowed him in, he cannot now pretend he does not know of his behaviour at Real.

There is something about Jose that no longer makes sense anymore. He appears to be more interested in his past glory and his getting sack in order to collect his next bumper severance pay. He is no longer interested in the game, all he does is foul up his own dressing room. The Jose that used to lay down his life for his players died at Real, the Jose we see now is one who offers his players for sacrifice and fouls up his own dressing room to accelerate his sacking and payment.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Uncle Oloye and Cristao,

you guys like stress. You are trying to advise a fan who has been a loser all his "football life" about what it takes to be a winner??? :lol: una try!

This is a guy who is the most stubborn person in CE history and will rather bury his head in the depth and annals of loserdom, than ever see reason! Good luck! I did my best with him and I gave up.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Bale did not have a fantastic game. Spurs won BUT they could have gone down by 4-0 in the first 30 minutes or so.

Within 2 minutes Loris was already making a double save!

Spurs won so celebrate BUT the same problem is still there.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

oloye wrote:
But therein lies the problem, you cannot have a player on such a monstrosity of a wage, and he is allowed to pick and choose games he want to play. That sort of thing destroys a team. It is only a matter of time before hard work is compromised in the team. But there is a pattern that has emerged with Jose in his last three clubs, how come the players he could not motivate suddenly come alive under a new coach? He got the best of Hazard in one season and then pushed him so hard they fell apart and Hazard became a sick baby no longer interested in games. He was revived once Jose left Chelsea.

At united he nearly made the left back a mental patient, fell out with Pogba and could no longer motivate him. The Rashford we were told cannot do 20 goals has suddenly started averaging 20 a season.

As soon as he started grumbling against Bale and some players at Tottenham I knew his time was up.

Truth be told Bale should not even have been allowed back to Spurs, but the minute Jose allowed him in, he cannot now pretend he does not know of his behaviour at Real.

There is something about Jose that no longer makes sense anymore. He appears to be more interested in his past glory and his getting sack in order to collect his next bumper severance pay. He is no longer interested in the game, all he does is foul up his own dressing room. The Jose that used to lay down his life for his players died at Real, the Jose we see now is one who offers his players for sacrifice and fouls up his own dressing room to accelerate his sacking and payment.
Jose had problems and I was shocked when Spurs hired him.

That said, some players are now prima donnas who will decide when to show up!

Pogba was a problem until Man United stopped relying on him. Whose agent runs his mouth like Pogba's agent?

Zidane did not play Bale for a year for a reason. Bale scored yesterday BUT there was no fantastic game.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [CC] MAC v TOT [FINAL]

Post by Its a Goal »

wanaj0, Bale had a good game there is no denying it, better than he has had in recent games. He looked up to the fight and seemed more motivated than he had been up to then.

Oloye, I agree with your assessment of Bale, but there is no use crying over spilt milk. He is here so best thing to do is utilize him effectively. Playing him in the last 10 minutes of matches we were chasing was just not going to work and therein lied Jose's problem.

dd, no ya fault you fit run am like person wey get diarrhea. Someday Spurs will spring to life and all this ya one #$% twerking will come to an end.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Can I dare to dream?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Its a Goal wrote:Can I dare to dream?
By all means, dream my friend, but erm you may
find out what might have happened to David,
had God not been by his side when he fought Goliath
... yer gonna need more than hopes and dreams to
escape a WATFORD-like Wembley smack down :P
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

He's baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I was initially surprised with the inclusion of Winks over Ndombele but remembered how the partnership of him and Lo Celso has yet to produce the desired results thus far. Winks had a good game last time out and often shows up for big matches. The partnership of Toby and Dier is resuming once again as is the full backs of Aurier and Reguilon. Sanchez is back but on the bench to keep Bale company. I expect it to be a 4-2-1-2-1 formation:

Kane
Son * Lucas
Lo Celso
Winks * Hójbjerg
Reguilon * Dier * Toby * Aurier
Lloris

This is a match about glory. It is a game about pride. The lads know that they are in a unique opportunity to carve their names in the history of the club. No room for intimidation, no room complacency. Go out and play with pride. Bring back the glory that you know you deserve.

Come On You Spurs!
Come On You Spurs!!
Come On You Spurs!!!

Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Winks?????
Ok :P

Wait Kane and DeBruyne are suddenly healed?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Pray the team wins.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Toby just saved the day.

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

One sided at the moment.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Great block, but only Sterling would fail to hit the target from there.
But it’s only a matter of time :D
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Son has to up his game to hold the ball when it gets to him.

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Should be a yellow on regulion. Didn't event try to play the ball.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Its a Goal wrote:wanaj0, Bale had a good game there is no denying it, better than he has had in recent games. He looked up to the fight and seemed more motivated than he had been up to then.

Oloye, I agree with your assessment of Bale, but there is no use crying over spilt milk. He is here so best thing to do is utilize him effectively. Playing him in the last 10 minutes of matches we were chasing was just not going to work and therein lied Jose's problem.

dd, no ya fault you fit run am like person wey get diarrhea. Someday Spurs will spring to life and all this ya one #$% twerking will come to an end.
Bale now dropped after a good game :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Better from Spurs.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Its a Goal wrote:I was initially surprised with the inclusion of Winks over Ndombele but remembered how the partnership of him and Lo Celso has yet to produce the desired results thus far. Winks had a good game last time out and often shows up for big matches. The partnership of Toby and Dier is resuming once again as is the full backs of Aurier and Reguilon. Sanchez is back but on the bench to keep Bale company. I expect it to be a 4-2-1-2-1 formation:

Kane
Son * Lucas
Lo Celso
Winks * Hójbjerg
Reguilon * Dier * Toby * Aurier
Lloris

This is a match about glory. It is a game about pride. The lads know that they are in a unique opportunity to carve their names in the history of the club. No room for intimidation, no room complacency. Go out and play with pride. Bring back the glory that you know you deserve.

Come On You Spurs!
Come On You Spurs!!
Come On You Spurs!!!
It does not matter who plays, most of the players are plain DUMB!

Even if they start the game 4-0 up they will still GIFT City goals on a platter of gold.

Problem is not only about quality BUT attitude.

There is no Mourinho holding them back now, so let us see the attacking Spurs in action!