2020/2021 Spurs Season: PL - 7th; EL - R16; FAC - R5; CC- RU

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [PL] WHU v TOT [WK 24]

Post by danfo driver »

The funny part is they will now spend the next 1 week talking about how they were unlucky and how they fought and should have won. bla blah blah.. and next week, rinse and repeat :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Can't complain much about this loss. It is a day we could have scored multiple goals but the gods didn't allow it.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

FT 2-1
Spurs lose 5 out of 6 league games
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Game over
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:Can't complain much about this loss. It is a day we could have scored multiple goals but the gods didn't allow it.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I no tok am!???? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Lmaoo, just like clockwork! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: it never fails! Gotta love their players though and their coach. They give their fans "just enough" to make them remain stup1d! :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

I said it weeks ago, Levy needs to start planning for post Mourinho Spurs
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
Danny Blanchflower
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

On to the next game. At least from the highlights, Bale looked up for it. COYS!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote: The funny part is they will now spend the next 1 week talking about how they were unlucky and how they fought and should have won. bla blah blah.. and next week, rinse and repeat :lol:
Yes, disappointing result but enough positives to take away to know the team will bounce back.

Bale, his self belief returning.
Defense, now that is another matter. We ain't going places with them.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

danfo driver wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:Can't complain much about this loss. It is a day we could have scored multiple goals but the gods didn't allow it.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I no tok am!???? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Lmaoo, just like clockwork! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: it never fails! Gotta love their players though and their coach. They give their fans "just enough" to make them remain stup1d! :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

IRRELEVANT.

At the Cyberian Jose effigy fiddling thick-wit, again, when ‘twas said Mourinho was finished, all the soup in the pot was salted. Look upon Mousuofia now. Finished.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]toyin133[/color] wrote: I said it weeks ago, Levy needs to start planning for post Mourinho Spurs
This is not Jose, sorry. This is about a team having dumb players in critical positions. Dier and Sanchez are not good enough yet they play most of the matches cos there are no adequate replacement for them. Toby is no longer the force he once was. Rodon is raw and inexperienced. Tanganga is not preferred in that position. RB is another problematic area. Matt was supposed to challenge Aurier but he just showed he would have been better staying at Saints while we kept KWP. Aurier blows hot and cold but overall he is still the best at what we have. Midfield, take Hojbjerg and Ndombele out and we are toast. Winks and Sissoko are good but not at the level we need to be.

Ask yourself, which manager will come in and get a tune out of this squad? Rodgers? Moye? Even Poch realized a season before he left that the team needed an overhaul but Danny Boy refused to do anything about it. From here on, it is midtable mediocrity. Our path to European football next season is to win a trophy.

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The very same players were capable of making a fist of it under Pochettino’s guidance. The fact of the matter is, Mourinho is finished.
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]toyin133[/color] wrote: I said it weeks ago, Levy needs to start planning for post Mourinho Spurs
This is not Jose, sorry. This is about a team having dumb players in critical positions. Dier and Sanchez are not good enough yet they play most of the matches cos there are no adequate replacement for them. Toby is no longer the force he once was. Rodon is raw and inexperienced. Tanganga is not preferred in that position. RB is another problematic area. Matt was supposed to challenge Aurier but he just showed he would have been better staying at Saints while we kept KWP. Aurier blows hot and cold but overall he is still the best at what we have. Midfield, take Hojbjerg and Ndombele out and we are toast. Winks and Sissoko are good but not at the level we need to be.

Ask yourself, which manager will come in and get a tune out of this squad? Rodgers? Moye? Even Poch realized a season before he left that the team needed an overhaul but Danny Boy refused to do anything about it. From here on, it is midtable mediocrity. Our path to European football next season is to win a trophy.
Rather than Dier, Sanchez or Rodon, you can substitute the names of Luke Shaw, Eric Bailly, Lindelof, Pogba, Rashford and everyone else Mourinho castigated as not being good enough and see how well they are playing today under a different coach. They showed it under Poch and will show it again. Mourinho's m o has always been to blame the players when things go wrong
As with the Man utd and Chelsea players, those players will perform better under another coach.
Danny Blanchflower
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i am going to say this the top 3 will be City united and the foxes, the remaining waste will be fighting for the 4th ( trash Chelsea, cursed pool, no purpose football Westham, , Everton and that other club wey dey northlondon
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Meanwhile, danfo the dirty dog scurries from thread to thread exposing his hindquarters while his master suffers. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Who was responsible for giving Dier and Toby new contracts again?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:The very same players were capable of making a fist of it under Pochettino’s guidance. The fact of the matter is, Mourinho is finished.

Remember when you said the same thing about Pep earlier this season?

Its comparatively very easy to be labelled a genius manager when all the pieces in your box are in place.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Pep finished...never, in need of new ideas, coming to the end of a certain cycle, yes, finished, never. If not mistaken, argued that City were in need of a rebuild to some extent, in need of a Kompany and a David Silva. In need of a new Aguero, which didn’t necessarily mean a new CF, rather a greater spread of goals from more sources. Foden is far from David but is chipping in and Ruben has been solid, Stones the same. Tactically, Pep is never finished in its entirety, rather leaping from one life cycle to the next. Mourinho on the other hand is completely finished.

The Carabao will be a fine feather for his cap and needless to say, Spurs will win it. A favourable draw and surrendering the league will see them there or thereabouts in the Europa too. A case of the Louis Van Gaals, simply put, Jose is done. Josesaurus Rex should take his fossilised formations back to Jurassic park. Dinosaur.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@BeniTx, on another note, the Juan Sebastian Alacantra conundrum grows bigger by the Merseyside day. This is Anfield ‘twas said, is it? Really? Gerrarahia’ mennn. Look more like Big Dunc’s front room, Jurgy, flick the kettle on. No doubt they’ll find a way with Thiago, quality player, till then, it’s Veron at 28.1M. Perhaps it’s Carlos Quieroz time?
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Coach wrote:The very same players were capable of making a fist of it under Pochettino’s guidance. The fact of the matter is, Mourinho is finished.
Why was Pochettino sacked again?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^So Spurs could move to the next level.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Pochetino that was losing double digits in games during the season
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote: The funny part is they will now spend the next 1 week talking about how they were unlucky and how they fought and should have won. bla blah blah.. and next week, rinse and repeat :lol:
Yes, disappointing result but enough positives to take away to know the team will bounce back.

Bale, his self belief returning.
Defense, now that is another matter. We ain't going places with them.
Spurs played very well 2nd half, they deserved a draw at least.
I think Spurs is playing well of late apart from the defence, and results will soon come.

Jose post match was spot on