2020/2021 Spurs Season: PL - 7th; EL - R16; FAC - R5; CC- RU

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [CC] TOT v BRE [SM-FL]

Post by Its a Goal »

I knew it will be adversity that will wake them up.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Reguilon comes off for Davies.

Winks replace Moura.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote: And these ones were excited that they were top of the league? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: WOW! Look at how easy it was to score them and I think 90% of the goals they have conceded this season is through set pieces. shameless things
There's a reason they are playing so far low in the league. Spurs picking them apart from experience not by dominating them.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Delightful interchange from Spurs.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

That was poor of Davies to get beaten for the ball. Luckily didn't head on target.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote: And these ones were excited that they were top of the league? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: WOW! Look at how easy it was to score them and I think 90% of the goals they have conceded this season is through set pieces. shameless things
There's a reason they are playing so far low in the league. Spurs picking them apart from experience not by dominating them.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
kenmega
Egg
Egg

Post by kenmega »

Brentford down to 10 men
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Red to Brentford. Rash challenge on Hojbjerg.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

THe warrior in Hojbjerg wants to return to action but Jose says please no. Brings on Tanganga.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Vinicius coming on for Son.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

5 mins added time.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Credit to Brentford for still willing to come on the attack.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

It is interesting that Jose decided to bring on Tanganga instead of Dele for Hojberg.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Aurier concedes a late freekick, hoping to destroy his own team again :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

For me, Aurier is either braindead or he is a criminal who has been bribed! There is zero excuse for a player to continue to give late freeckicks from the same dangerous position every single match. Especially when the opponent has scored from 4 of those freekicks in the past. Zero excuse! You guys are dealing with a psychopath in Aurier.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane looking for his customary goal fires over the bar.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

As mentioned earlier if we don't win a trophy I will not blame Jose. He has pulled and dragged us into one. Let's watch out for the media trying to bring us down before then.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Into the final Spurs go.

Congratulations to the boys. Jose showing his magic. Now to go finish the job.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Let me talk about Harry Kane and criticism he has received that is IMHO is unfair:

Harry this season has modified and changed his game completely. Under previous managers you will find Kane constantly in the opposition acting the predator. His only focus was scoring. He had strength and speed at his disposal and used it to great effectiveness. The price of that was getting constantly fouled and twisting his ankles often in terrible direction leading to all sorts of injuries. If you remember it is about this period of the season Kane would have picked up an injury that would rule him out for a month, sometimes longer.

Ever since Jose came on board Kane has opted to adapt his game to become more effect in other areas of the game other than being a target man. In Son he has a partner he can work with to bang in the goals so that takes the pressure off him. He can play in midfield, act the creator, and go back to defend. In a few instances when the opposition has switched off he goes on the attack and scores. He is a far more intelligent player than he is getting credit for. He analyzes the game and picks and chose where to impact it.

Expecting Kane to dominate a game from start to finish is unfair. He is not ever going to be a Ronaldo nor Messi. He doesn't have the legs he once had 3 or 4 seasons ago. It is like expecting Bale to replicate his speed on the touchline. Kane is not going to go into every tackle or chase every ball. Sometimes he is going to try some moves that will come off and other times wouldn't but you can't deny his application. His role in the team is unmatched as he is either helping the team create goals or making it easier for others to do so as evidenced with Sissoko's goal today. If you watch the replay you will find that Kane had drawn 2 players to himself leaving Sissoko wide open to head the ball in.

Kane for me is one of the most important players in the team hence why Jose will never drop him.

Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Its a Goal wrote:Let me talk about Harry Kane and criticism he has received that is IMHO is unfair:

Harry this season has modified and changed his game completely. Under previous managers you will find Kane constantly in the opposition acting the predator. His only focus was scoring. He had strength and speed at his disposal and used it to great effectiveness. The price of that was getting constantly fouled and twisting his ankles often in terrible direction leading to all sorts of injuries. If you remember it is about this period of the season Kane would have picked up an injury that would rule him out for a month, sometimes longer.

Ever since Jose came on board Kane has opted to adapt his game to become more effect in other areas of the game other than being a target man. In Son he has a partner he can work with to bang in the goals so that takes the pressure off him. He can play in midfield, act the creator, and go back to defend. In a few instances when the opposition has switched off he goes on the attack and scores. He is a far more intelligent player than he is getting credit for. He analyzes the game and picks and chose where to impact it.

Expecting Kane to dominate a game from start to finish is unfair. He is not ever going to be a Ronaldo nor Messi. He doesn't have the legs he once had 3 or 4 seasons ago. It is like expecting Bale to replicate his speed on the touchline. Kane is not going to go into every tackle or chase every ball. Sometimes he is going to try some moves that will come off and other times wouldn't but you can't deny his application. His role in the team is unmatched as he is either helping the team create goals or making it easier for others to do so as evidenced with Sissoko's goal today. If you watch the replay you will find that Kane had drawn 2 players to himself leaving Sissoko wide open to head the ball in.

Kane for me is one of the most important players in the team hence why Jose will never drop him.

All of this does not absolve him of blame for losing easy passes and creating an avalanche of turnovers in the first half. He looked very sluggish
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote:Let me talk about Harry Kane and criticism he has received that is IMHO is unfair:

No one is saying Kane isnt a good player. However he is definitely not a cup player. Derbies - shows up. Cup semifinals and finals - hmmm that is a different thing.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ugbowo wrote:...
Cristao II wrote:..

You guys are legit taking IAG seriously? A man who was prepared to die on the stake on behalf of Aurier? That should tell you that this is a very unreasonable person.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Hm! Will Spurs finally win a trophy? I fear o, especially with Mourinho at the wheel.

Wha choo looking at?!