2020/2021 Spurs Season: PL - 7th; EL - R16; FAC - R5; CC- RU

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [CC] TOT v BRE [SM-FL]

Post by Its a Goal »

2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote: You guys are legit taking IAG seriously? A man who was prepared to die on the stake on behalf of Aurier? That should tell you that this is a very unreasonable person.
Unlike you I do not condemn people but rather willing to give a second chance. I have slated Aurier repeatedly on this forum every time he makes a silly mistake and likewise praise him when he has a fantastic game. I have called for his banishment from the team whenever he cost the team games and equally sing his praises when he helps the team win matches. You on the other hand only point out his mistakes but never give him credit for when he does something right. You even boasted at the start of the season that Matt Doherty was going to permanently banish Aurier to the dustbin of irrelevance and we will never see him again despite pointing to you that such competition is what brings out the best in Aurier.

I have given up on you ever being objective because you only like focusing on the negatives of players and teams hence why you enjoying having a laugh when my team has a bleep. In your world players and teams have to be on top of their game 100% of the team as if they are robots and the opposition should never be able to stand up to them.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Ugbowo[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote: Let me talk about Harry Kane and criticism he has received that is IMHO is unfair:

Harry this season has modified and changed his game completely. Under previous managers you will find Kane constantly in the opposition acting the predator. His only focus was scoring. He had strength and speed at his disposal and used it to great effectiveness. The price of that was getting constantly fouled and twisting his ankles often in terrible direction leading to all sorts of injuries. If you remember it is about this period of the season Kane would have picked up an injury that would rule him out for a month, sometimes longer.

Ever since Jose came on board Kane has opted to adapt his game to become more effect in other areas of the game other than being a target man. In Son he has a partner he can work with to bang in the goals so that takes the pressure off him. He can play in midfield, act the creator, and go back to defend. In a few instances when the opposition has switched off he goes on the attack and scores. He is a far more intelligent player than he is getting credit for. He analyzes the game and picks and chose where to impact it.

Expecting Kane to dominate a game from start to finish is unfair. He is not ever going to be a Ronaldo nor Messi. He doesn't have the legs he once had 3 or 4 seasons ago. It is like expecting Bale to replicate his speed on the touchline. Kane is not going to go into every tackle or chase every ball. Sometimes he is going to try some moves that will come off and other times wouldn't but you can't deny his application. His role in the team is unmatched as he is either helping the team create goals or making it easier for others to do so as evidenced with Sissoko's goal today. If you watch the replay you will find that Kane had drawn 2 players to himself leaving Sissoko wide open to head the ball in.

Kane for me is one of the most important players in the team hence why Jose will never drop him.
All of this does not absolve him of blame for losing easy passes and creating an avalanche of turnovers in the first half. He looked very sluggish
It partially does. Kane has played a lot more games at this stage of the season than in previous seasons. He tries to pace himself throughout the match so that he can last all 90 minutes. In process of pacing himself some moves are going come off and others go wayward. The point is to keep going and have his team mates pick up the slack. His team mates trust him to not be lazy as they know he will defend, create, and try to score goals. Kane is showing he is an all round player.

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote: You guys are legit taking IAG seriously? A man who was prepared to die on the stake on behalf of Aurier? That should tell you that this is a very unreasonable person.
Unlike you I do not condemn people but rather willing to give a second chance. I have slated Aurier repeatedly on this forum every time he makes a silly mistake and likewise praise him when he has a fantastic game. I have called for his banishment from the team whenever he cost the team games and equally sing his praises when he helps the team win matches. You on the other hand only point out his mistakes but never give him credit for when he does something right. You even boasted at the start of the season that Matt Doherty was going to permanently banish Aurier to the dustbin of irrelevance and we will never see him again despite pointing to you that such competition is what brings out the best in Aurier.

I have given up on you ever being objective because you only like focusing on the negatives of players and teams hence why you enjoying having a laugh when my team has a bleep. In your world players and teams have to be on top of their game 100% of the team as if they are robots and the opposition should never be able to stand up to them.
How many times has Aurier condemned you to pain and anguish? Remember when you took 1 week off the forum a few weeks ago because Aurier knifed you? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You cried and I had to comfort you? :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

This guy is just class through and through.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

How many times has Aurier condemned you to pain and anguish? Remember when you took 1 week off the forum a few weeks ago because Aurier knifed you? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You cried and I had to comfort you? :lol:
Likewise I had to send you Pepto-Bismol to cure you from the constant constipation Aurier was causing with the humble pies he kept stuffing down your throat :mrgreen:. Yes, Aurier has a loose nut in his head which if not screwed on properly before and during matches ends up costing us, but overall he is way better than your boy, Doherty, that you swore will banish him to dustbin of irrelevance :rotf:. How can you ever recover from this self inflicted pie in the face :woot:?

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]danfo driver[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:

Likewise I had to send you Pepto-Bismol to cure you from the constant constipation Aurier was causing with the humble pies he kept stuffing down your throat :mrgreen:. Yes, Aurier has a loose nut in his head which if not screwed on properly before and during matches ends up costing us, but overall he is way better than your boy, Doherty, that you swore will banish him to dustbin of irrelevance :rotf:. How can you ever recover from this self inflicted pie in the face :woot:?

Do you know why you are no longer top of the table? And why you cried like a baby, talking about "I am in so much pain?" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: it is because Aurier hates you and it brings him pleasure to see you down on the floor writhing in pain! :rotf:

That day sweet my belle sha! for 7 days, you refused to post, you refused to eat and even refused to sleep! Thank God that Madam got them to inject you with drip to keep you alive and sane. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Aurier na truly wicked man sha! :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Looks like it is Man City in the final.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Cristao II wrote:Looks like it is Man City in the final.
Congrats spurs for win a trophy after 13 years.
I dont see Jose lost final,he has never but it will be a good game.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

kajifu wrote:
2018 FA Cup Final. Jose lost.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

YemiBrazil wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Oh wow never knew but again not surprise as he was coaching Manu :smile:
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

kajifu wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Oh wow never knew but again not surprise as he was coaching Manu :smile:
Need to rename that trophy to City's name. Goodluck to all involved but i get the feeling Spurs' pain will continue afterwards.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2020/2021 Spurs Season: [FAC] MAR v TOT [RD 3]

Post by Its a Goal »

This will be a fun day at the Marines. Their Chairman is over the moon with Spurs as supporters have shattered their virtual attendance sales figure of 7K to now 21K. They also sold record number of half and half scarfs. Spurs provided them a financial windfall that will help set them up for a very long time.

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Marine are a tricky side, Ron Navy and Tommy Seal up top are a tag-team worthy of the WWF. Little and large combo, throwback to the good old days. Billy Walters has a torpedo of a long throw. Ryan Sergeant is a sub Marine usually bring on if they find themselves in deep water. Pacy, unpredictable, bit of a naked gun and fans favourite. Would come as no surprise were Jose to forfeit possession, execute his back six low block and hit on the counter rather than play battleships in open water.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Coach[/color] wrote: Marine are a tricky side, Ron Navy and Tommy Seal up top are a tag-team worthy of the WWF. Little and large combo, throwback to the good old days. Billy Walters has a torpedo of a long throw. Ryan Sergeant is a sub Marine usually bring on if they find themselves in deep water. Pacy, unpredictable, bit of a naked gun and fans favourite. Would come as no surprise were Jose to forfeit possession, execute his back six low block and hit on the counter rather than play battleships in open water.
Bia, come, how you take know about this team?

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Oh Lawd, thses guys have a great sense of humor :rotf:

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Interesting that Jose left Kane out of the team completely. Also out are Aurier and Lamela. This is a team that has been watered down but still strong enough to get the job done. Formation should be 4-2-3-1:

Vinicius
Gedson * Dele * Lucas
White * Sissoko
Davies * Rodon * Toby * Matt
Hart

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a FA Cup match. I just love the romance of it. A club from the very lowest league having the chance to put their wits against a proper professional team. This is what dreams are made off.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Dele's tame shot straight at keeper.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Luca' may run was good but end product awful as he shot over the bar.